Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hello Reef AIO: BubbleTips and Clownfish trips.

pgrVII

1 minute ago, Staticmoves said:

The relaxing moments before the storm of start up work…….😎

You know it!😎

Lots of coral decisions and fun inverts. Fish is just being kept to 2 clownfish as the tank is rather small for much else.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, braaap said:

Looks good brother. Didn't know you were a Cowboys fan. Ugh

Thanks bro!

Oh definitely, but its cool,we're the worst.😂

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, spectra said:

Team lift............ :lol: Hope you had help............

Tank looks good.....

I did! I helped myself!😂

Thank you much.🤞

• Like 1

Rounding out my needs/wants this week for the tank. Had to pick a salt mix,I am going to try the Red Sea Salt mix. Seems pretty well received by folks and its in a bucket which I prefer.

Also,going to order a second heater for the aquarium so I have a backup running at 75° in case of failure of the other and run it through the ink bird.

I am considering another wave maker that I can get get a cover made for to protect the eventual BTA.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, schgr.cube said:

Having this template is such a clever idea. I'm so guilty of having far too little room from the glass in some spots 😂

It really is a great idea! Helps a good bit for sure. 

5 hours ago, pgrVII said:

I am considering another wave maker that I can get get a cover made for to protect the eventual BTA.

Meh. If it dies it dies. But if you get one that needs a 3d printed cover hit me up. I can make one for you.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, braaap said:

Meh. If it dies it dies. But if you get one that needs a 3d printed cover hit me up. I can make one for you.

😂😂😂

I will actually not sure what though.  Thanks brother!

• Like 1
colormegone

Man that's cool that you got it up a running in such a short time. You ain't playin!

I have everything for mine to get started but might have my house sold..... Just waiting to see if I'm going to be moving soon.

Keep it Wet.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, colormegone said:

Man that's cool that you got it up a running in such a short time. You ain't playin!

I have everything for mine to get started but might have my house sold..... Just waiting to see if I'm going to be moving soon.

Keep it Wet.

Yea I dont blame ya one bit at all. I would be doing the same,although it would be hard to do.😂

Oh definitely not my first rodeo with a nano tank. I already have some modifications coming soon. 😂

Got some things in today...

Second heater for saltwater making/ backup heater. 

Red Sea Salt. Went with this under a good recommendation from trusted folk'll.

Also looks like Ammonia is gone out the tank now.

Also heres some fish...

Went with a, Black Ocellaris and a Mocha. The Black one is the boss

20240210_124834.thumb.jpg.b2ced0d1c67a464f83c4551482d0f944.jpg

thats about it for fish for this tank.

Now to wait a while to add some corals and various inverts. I also have a bottle of Copepods to add in after I do a good water change in a day or so.

• Like 2
  • pgrVII changed the title to Hello Reef AIO: It is Fish.

Did a 5 gallon water change this morning. Siphoned out any gross stuff I saw on sand bed. Also blew the rocks off with power head. Floss was also changed. 

Second heater was added this morning as well plugged into the inkbird box.

Copepods also got added to tank after change.  Should be seeing diatoms soon to some degree Id imagine, lights have been kept off, minus when needing to do maintenance, even lights in the room have been limited.

• Like 1

Soooo

Brooklynella hit both fish wiped em out. The Mocha was very erratic in swimming last night and passed and this morning the Black one was exhibiting similar signs. No Ammonia or the like detected in tank, nothing new added minus a water change. Both fish were whiteish in hue and very mucas laden on the gills. Totally sucks and sorry for the little guys,unfortunate. So now I will just let the tank run fallow for the next 5-6 weeks maybe around my birthday I will be looking for fish, also considered a small mantis tank still.

• Sad 3
  • pgrVII changed the title to Hello Reef AIO: No Sleep till Brooklyn-ella
colormegone

Sorry to hear about your fish man. That suks. Better wait awhile like you said and get your take well established before more fish. 

On another note.... I just ordered an Inkbird yesterday and was wondering? Do you just crank your heater/heaters up full blast and let the Inkbird settings do the adjusting or?

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, colormegone said:

Sorry to hear about your fish man. That suks. Better wait awhile like you said and get your take well established before more fish. 

On another note.... I just ordered an Inkbird yesterday and was wondering? Do you just crank your heater/heaters up full blast and let the Inkbird settings do the adjusting or?

Yea it def.has to sit fallow for sure after that. Im gonna get some more inverts today at the lfs clean to keep up things as the cycle is fresh.

I was just going over that with my set up last night... I run them at slightly higher yes. But open to better ideas always.

geekreef_05

For your consideration...

Ive been using Dr Tims First Defense. 

this...https://store.drtimsaquatics.com/16-oz-First-Defense-Fish-Stress-Relief-Immune-Support_p_467.html

Im not sure (statistically) how well it works but its supposed to help quell illlnesses when introducing new fish. I give my reef a dose when a new fish goes in.

Hard to say if its reallly doing anything, but I can say *knock on wood* i haven't had a sick fish in a long while. And for the low price, i'll continue to use it.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, geekreef_05 said:

For your consideration...

Ive been using Dr Tims First Defense. 

this...https://store.drtimsaquatics.com/16-oz-First-Defense-Fish-Stress-Relief-Immune-Support_p_467.html

Im not sure (statistically) how well it works but its supposed to help quell illlnesses when introducing new fish. I give my reef a dose when a new fish goes in.

Hard to say if its reallly doing anything, but I can say *knock on wood* i haven't had a sick fish in a long while. And for the low price, i'll continue to use it.

No doubt no doubt thank ya. Definitely something to keep in mind. 

geekreef_05

Another consideration is that you could run the treatment for brooklynella while the tank is without fish. 

That would help to erradicate any remnants of the parasite before new fish go in. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, geekreef_05 said:

Another consideration is that you could run the treatment for brooklynella while the tank is without fish. 

That would help to erradicate any remnants of the parasite before new fish go in. 

Im just gonna allow it to run with out fish for  5-6 weeks thats generally the recommended for Brooklynella from what Ive read. I could do that for sure,and a great idea,but if just running it fallow will do the same I will just keep the money in my pocket.

• pgrVII changed the title to Hello Reef AIO: BubbleTips and Clownfish trips.