Pod Your Reef

Hello Reef AIO: BubbleTips and Clownfish trips.

pgrVII

1 hour ago, Staticmoves said:

I grew up, snowboarding and listening to the Beastie Boys.

”No Sleep Till Brooklyn”

Nice!!

Tank still humming along. Nothing new of note really. May go to LFS and pick up some snails and the like,maybe a cleaner shrimp too. How is everyone today?

• Like 1
Staticmoves
58 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Tank still humming along. Nothing new of note really. May go to LFS and pick up some snails and the like,maybe a cleaner shrimp too. How is everyone today?

Jammin....... left the ski hill yesterday blaring No Sleep Till Brooklyn........

thanks for the inspiration............ 

• Haha 1
44 minutes ago, Staticmoves said:

Jammin....... left the ski hill yesterday blaring No Sleep Till Brooklyn........

thanks for the inspiration............ 

Hey I do what I can,most welcome. 🤙

Top down shot.20240221_182324.thumb.jpg.03d6eb3798e37e4b2f22d9e6a843509d.jpg

Also ordering a lens filter for the phone.

Added some corals,a few assorted zoa frags at the bottom,and a RFA. Also,added 2 sexy shrimp. 

• Like 2
  • pgrVII changed the title to Hello Reef AIO: Sexy Skrimps.

Ordered a lens filter to take pictures with. Nothing else really new. Also added some copepods to seed tank. 

Probably going to order the mini jet dc pump next week.

Got lucky today ane while purchasing an electric blue hermit crab,the extra shells thrown in had a very large electric blue in it! 🥳 

My filter for my camera should be here on Monday also for some better quality photos.

• Like 3
  • pgrVII changed the title to Hello Reef AIO: Electric Blue Boogaloo Demolition Tea Party Extravaganza

Ordered an AI Prime16 HD and the 12" neck for the tank. The blade is a nice fixture for sure,but I prefer a broader spectrum. May list the light here for an easy price or perhaps a trade...looking for a small wave maker.

• Like 1
  • pgrVII changed the title to Hello Reef AIO: New lighting. Sorta.

Super pumped as it is new light day on the reef today. 

Mounting with the 12" flex mount and have a shade for it as well. 

Pics will be added this afternoon...probably. 

• pgrVII changed the title to Hello Reef AIO: New lighting. Definitely.
colormegone
8 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Super pumped as it is new light day on the reef today. 

Mounting with the 12" flex mount and have a shade for it as well. 

Pics will be added this afternoon...probably. 

I got my yesterday in the mail, and it seems to be a great light for a nano tank. I got a shade and diffuser too. It looks a bit out of place over my 8.3 tank but once I get it started up, I think the corals will luv it. It will work great with your 15 gal. tank for sure!

• Agree 1
Just now, colormegone said:

I got my yesterday in the mail, and it seems to be a great light for a nano tank. I got a shade and diffuser too. It looks a bit out of place over my 8.3 tank but once I get it started up, I think the corals will luv it. It will work great with your 15 gal. tank for sure!

Yes thats what Im saying. It seems to be a good situation to situate over the tank. 

• Like 1

20240301_204617.thumb.jpg.5a28061dfdd96adeb4100f592274049c.jpg

New light is way cool. I am running it through Mobius on a preset, with a max of 60%,and on acclimate mode for 2 weeks. Adjustments made for my schedule of running of course. There's enough of these lights running a big review isnt really necessary.

• Like 3
colormegone

A friend of mine's son runs two of these lights over a 80 gal and one over a 15 and they work great. I have a android phone and the app I have mine on is not all that, but I set it up with the factory specs and let it run for a day. It worked as it should so when I get my tank up and running (could be forever since my house hasn't sold yet) I'll look into maybe a different app to use. Isn't Mobius for EcoTech stuff?

• Like 1
On 3/2/2024 at 10:02 AM, colormegone said:

A friend of mine's son runs two of these lights over a 80 gal and one over a 15 and they work great. I have a android phone and the app I have mine on is not all that, but I set it up with the factory specs and let it run for a day. It worked as it should so when I get my tank up and running (could be forever since my house hasn't sold yet) I'll look into maybe a different app to use. Isn't Mobius for EcoTech stuff?

Yes but I do believe eco tech bought AI? Or vice versa. So far pretty happy with the light.20240303_112806.thumb.jpg.e1a2647184470dff81a4c40245228e02.jpg

20240303_112754.thumb.jpg.93ee0cc95e24b28fae4c589c401e6c05.jpg

• Like 2

The diatoms settled in for 3-4 days and had a cloudy water spell as well. During this time,I had to change the filter floss out 2-3x a day as it was browning. I also noticed the diatoms disappeared almost overnight (seemingly of course).

My guess is the mix of Copepods went to town on the diatoms etc and I was changing some Copepoop out when changing the floss. Theres a few little spots here and there as of last night but hardly noticed on the rock honestly. It should also be noted I do not have any fish fueling the algae growth either so that probably helps things in that dept. I will probably add one in the next 2-4weeks pending what is available,as it will be in the safe zone then for fallow wait time.

• pgrVII changed the title to Hello Reef AIO: Diatoms! Got at em.
  • pgrVII changed the title to Hello Reef AIO: Copepod Bonanza.

Tank is looking crisp so far. The brown algaes have been removed as far as I can tell. The back wall of the tank has a nice copepod situation happening. Actually you can see them in lots of places since I dont have much to really eat them in the tank. Pretty impressive work with the other inverts in there.

• pgrVII changed the title to Hello Reef AIO: BubbleTips and Clownfish trips.