Coral Vue Hydros

Hello Reef AIO: BubbleTips and Clownfish trips.

pgrVII

Nothing really to report here other than the Hello Reef kit has been ordered with a few other things (ATO, intank floss etc)

I will get it set up when it arrives and post as I go. Pretty stoked to have a tank again after taking a few years away from it.

If I get it set up tomorrow, I will go to LFS for some live rubble and to look at some Clowns.

• Like 3

20240207_181810.thumb.jpg.8b6dd1cd01e062caf205e54bc55c6a2c.jpg

20240207_180214.thumb.jpg.4a233df4b2dca74cf2a9649fc2defe51.jpg

Picked up this nice table for $7 to keep the tank on has room under for the ato water container. 

Also,got a bunch of saltwater making water/top off until I get an RODI unit hooked up. 

• Like 2
WV Reefer
4 hours ago, pgrVII said:

Nothing really to report here other than the Hello Reef kit has been ordered with a few other things (ATO, intank floss etc)

I will get it set up when it arrives and post as I go. Pretty stoked to have a tank again after taking a few years away from it.

If I get it set up tomorrow, I will go to LFS for some live rubble and to look at some Clowns.

Yay! :happydance:

• Like 2
  • pgrVII changed the title to Hello Reef AIO: I ordered one.
colormegone

I gave the Hello Reef kit a bunch of looks when deciding to start up a nano again but went a different way.

Gives you a good start with most of the parts. I'll be watching. Have Fun!

• Agree 1
36 minutes ago, Staticmoves said:

be interested to see what kind of Light that AI Blade puts out. and or the controllability.

Theres a pretty good video with par readings over a bigger tank I found. If I find it later I'll post it up.

15 minutes ago, colormegone said:

I gave the Hello Reef kit a bunch of looks when deciding to start up a nano again but went a different way.

Gives you a good start with most of the parts. I'll be watching. Have Fun!

Yea,I would agree! Thank ya! 😎

• Like 1

20240208_135352.thumb.jpg.b4522fd941dc0860c49d8cbbdab4515d.jpgTank came without incident.  The ATO, inkbird etc all came too. @Kraken Reef has sent the floss holder today as well.

The tank is easy to figure out in that everything is very clearly labled and organized. Equipment is nice all good quality stuff thatll definitely work for the running of the tanks duration for simpler reef stuff. I will probably upgrade the wave maker at some point for more control. 

I have a good bit of the reef rock left over too.

20240208_122345.thumb.jpg.8df3458b8cc3601826184651127a15c1.jpg

20240208_122857.thumb.jpg.f37c1799f3644c27edd4b9f569d0440b.jpg

20240208_133655.thumb.jpg.a02b209889a24d5fef14ed192afad0d6.jpg

20240208_133700.thumb.jpg.6eb159dcd32047f0a7c33bef5aead3e7.jpg

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, geekreef_05 said:

Does that kit come with lights? 

What makes it the ANEMONE kit? 

Its an AI Blade 12" the "Coral Growth" model

Its an ok light,not sure about it control beyond just turning it on with the power button. Not sure if its app run also and the what. 

I do believe its labled that because its a pretty good system to handle a BTA/Clownfish situation if you wanted to with it when situated and seasoned a bit. It makes for a fine Nano Mixed Reef tank as far as things it provides and design.

• pgrVII changed the title to Hello Reef AIO: Its setup.
Staticmoves

Looks awesome.

if there is no app control for the light. I picked up a light controller for my stock EVO light for about $20 on amazon that controls time and ramp up and down.

looks like fun, excited to see what you do!

• Thanks 1
  • pgrVII changed the title to Hello Reef AIO: It is wet.
44 minutes ago, Staticmoves said:

Looks awesome.

if there is no app control for the light. I picked up a light controller for my stock EVO light for about $20 on amazon that controls time and ramp up and down.

looks like fun, excited to see what you do!

Thanks!

There is indeed an app called Mobius that it uses. Its pretty good and useful it looks like,however, my lights are just being left off for now as it runs the cycle.

Staticmoves
Just now, pgrVII said:

There is indeed an app called Mobius that it uses. Its pretty good and useful it looks like,however, my lights are just being left off for now as it runs the cycle.

Good call. I left mine off for about 2 months as I stocked my bio load and let the tank figure things out.

what way are you thinking of going for the cycle. ( hopefully you won’t have to endure the wrath of Zeus if someone does not like your answer.)

that’s awesome that you can control the light with the mobius app, that makes the kit all the more viable.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Staticmoves said:

Good call. I left mine off for about 2 months as I stocked my bio load and let the tank figure things out.

what way are you thinking of going for the cycle. ( hopefully you won’t have to endure the wrath of Zeus if someone does not like your answer.)

that’s awesome that you can control the light with the mobius app, that makes the kit all the more viable.

Yea its a handy little device for lights!

As far as cycling?

Ancient nano reef secrets 🥷 

Lol its some bacterias, snail shells and rubble from a tank and theres a blue legged hermit running around somewhere.

• Like 1
colormegone

Nice set up with lots of rock to work with. Doesn't it come with a free clown also? Not sure where you get it, but I thought that's what I read.

• Like 1
Just now, colormegone said:

Nice set up with lots of rock to work with. Doesn't it come with a free clown also? Not sure where you get it, but I thought that's what I read.

Thanks, I added a bit last night to give it a bit more height and roll.

Yes,sort of. Theres a series of videos to watch that you get credit or, "points" for. When you get to a certain part it gives you a Visa gift card thats worth like $20 to use.

Staticmoves
Just now, pgrVII said:

Thanks, I added a bit last night to give it a bit more height and roll.

Yes,sort of. Theres a series of videos to watch that you get credit or, "points" for. When you get to a certain part it gives you a Visa gift card thats worth like $20 to use.

Nice to see distributors taking on education and awareness for reefers, that's a great angle.

• Like 1
colormegone

So, you can get whatever you want then. I haven't priced marine fish since the 90's but I bet you can't get a clown for $20 or ?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Staticmoves said:

Nice to see distributors taking on education and awareness for reefers, that's a great angle.

I agree. I have been out for a few years so it was good to get a refresher.

8 minutes ago, colormegone said:

So, you can get whatever you want then. I haven't priced marine fish since the 90's but I bet you can't get a clown for $20 or ?

I think a standard Ocellaris runs about $20ish.

Yep yours to spend.

20240210_071206.thumb.jpg.9b19e1a92402bfee7a68ea9455f9b13c.jpg

Last tank was in the living room but on the other side of the sitting area so you had to crane your head around to look at it. This time is I wanted it to be in the room easy to view.

I also got a roll of foam shelf liner for the table top to place the tank on. Stuff is great,wipes up very easy and allows an area to place things when doing maintenance. 

• Like 4

I have been considering stocking options for when the tank is ready. I am a big fan of Zoas, they're always pretty easy to grow and cover rocks well. I think the right side rock work will have a smattering of those to allow for a kaleidoscope effect of sorts. 

LPS is no go in this tank for me. Love it very much,but the tank is on the smaller side and with a BTA in the plans I dont need to crowd.

SPS is always a treat so I wouldnt be suprised if I end up with a birdsnest or the like, but,mostly not messing these corals.

Theres a little area that looks like a ring in the front that I plan to put a buncha ricordeas or similar there on the sand bed. 

As far as the Bubble tip, my LFS has excellent ones to choose from. 

Of course these are all just arm chair stocking chat while having some coffee while looking at the tank ...with the lights off 😅 ️ 🪸 🐠 

Happy Reefing yall.

• Like 1
  • pgrVII changed the title to Hello Reef AIO: BubbleTips and Clownfish trips.