inTank Media Baskets

6 feet of reef

patback

I fully remember now why I fed my last emerald to the mantis shrimp. 

Perfectly healthy coral and I was even saying this morning how I think it is my favorite coral in the tank. Emerald has breaking skutes off of it even when I target fed it earlier. I hope it makes it but being brand new to the tank, who knows. 

20221127_225312.thumb.jpg.c6b54849b15dae7d454395e6fe1d1d80.jpg

emeralds fate will be determined. He is now in the sump. 

On 11/27/2022 at 12:10 AM, patback said:

It is. Really nice to have a "big" tank with a little extra liberties in terms of what I can keep. I actually sort of stopped after we bought our house and stored a few select pieces in my wife's tank, so this is getting my hands wet again for the first time in 3ish years. 

I think you got engaged the last you were around here?

If you decide to start back up and start a thread let me know. I may have a few things laying around for you. 

I agree with the freedom bigger tanks provide - just not sure I want to jump in the deep end just yet haha. Very nice and congratulations on the house.

Great memory. Married now with a little one.

Thank you bud! Much appreciated. I think I'm leaning towards a Waterbox AIO (33 gallon) or their Marine X (36 gallon display/55 gallon system). 

What are the cool kids using for lighting these days, anyway?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ArabTanker said:

I agree with the freedom bigger tanks provide - just not sure I want to jump in the deep end just yet haha. Very nice and congratulations on the house.

Great memory. Married now with a little one.

Thank you bud! Much appreciated. I think I'm leaning towards a Waterbox AIO (33 gallon) or their Marine X (36 gallon display/55 gallon system). 

What are the cool kids using for lighting these days, anyway?

Cool kids? I'd know nothing about that. 

I don't know nothing about what the nerds are using either. I'm winging it with these Chinese Blackbox lights but will let you know how I like them. I'm lighting the whole 125 for less than 1/3rd than if I went radion. They should get here tomorrow and hopefully above the tank before the weekend. 

Congrats on the little one. Today is actually my first day back to work after my wife just had our daughter, and my son just turned 18 months a few days ago. 

Water box is a nice tank. My wife has one of their smaller aio. I actually spent 20 something hours printing gear for it and I printed up for the wrong model so nothing fit.  :lol:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, patback said:

Cool kids? I'd know nothing about that. 

I don't know nothing about what the nerds are using either. I'm winging it with these Chinese Blackbox lights but will let you know how I like them. I'm lighting the whole 125 for less than 1/3rd than if I went radion. They should get here tomorrow and hopefully above the tank before the weekend. 

Congrats on the little one. Today is actually my first day back to work after my wife just had our daughter, and my son just turned 18 months a few days ago. 

Water box is a nice tank. My wife has one of their smaller aio. I actually spent 20 something hours printing gear for it and I printed up for the wrong model so nothing fit.  :lol:

Ayeee. I used the Chinese black boxes on on my last tank as well. That was back in the day when people expected them to spontaneously combust.

Thanks and congratulations to you as well!!! Welcome back to work 🤣I hope all went well with both little ones.

• Like 1

Welp. Bit the bullet and ordered an Innovate Marine 25 Lagoon with the APS stand. Decided on the IM over the Waterbox because the APS stand looks money and the combo was priced pretty reasonably comparatively. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ArabTanker said:

Welp. Bit the bullet and ordered an Innovate Marine 25 Lagoon with the APS stand. Decided on the IM over the Waterbox because the APS stand looks money and the combo was priced pretty reasonably comparatively. 

Nice!  You gonna stick around and start a thread again?  

2 hours ago, patback said:

Nice!  You gonna stick around and start a thread again?  

Yeah I think so. At least some monthly updates. Hey - where are the usual suspects? Like Lawn, MetroKat, Gina, Stella, Jedi and Hillbilly. That's all I can recall at the moment. Any of them still around?

2 hours ago, patback said:

My wife was so excited to have a royal gramma again. Grandis paly had other ideas. 

20221129_152341.thumb.jpg.158d815887816fb97c872333dce6d077.jpg

Ohhffff. Send your wife my condolences. 

1 hour ago, ArabTanker said:

Yeah I think so. At least some monthly updates. Hey - where are the usual suspects? Like Lawn, MetroKat, Gina, Stella, Jedi and Hillbilly. That's all I can recall at the moment. Any of them still around?

Lawn pokes his head in maybe once a year.  Had a few hissyfits and stormed off.  Metrokat moved onto instagram I think. Gina, I am not sure what happened to. Stella was borderline stalking people on here for what she felt was a holier-than-thou political/prejudice/ bully reasons. Jedi fell off the earth and hillbilly just sort of disappeared. Lawnmans thread is still going, but I think it would just be me and maybe spectra that were there at the same time as you. 

• Like 3

And I just unboxed the viperspectra lights. I'll save you the trouble, they are getting returned. 1 of the 3 lights I didn't bother opening. 1 had a broken channel, the programming was atrocious, and the third one, the way the lenses are made the colors not blend at all and actually made the water look murky. 

I'm gonna need to make due with what I have and save up for something name brand. I understand that you get what you okay for but for all intents and purpose, this lights is shit and I am amazed that so many people reviewed it positively. 

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1
4 hours ago, patback said:

My wife was so excited to have a royal gramma again. Grandis paly had other ideas. 

20221129_152341.thumb.jpg.158d815887816fb97c872333dce6d077.jpg

Gotta love nature................ 

Sucks though............. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, patback said:

Lawnmans thread is still going, but I think it would just be me and maybe spectra that were there at the same time as you. 

Barely going but a couple people that are WAY cooler🍻🤙😎... Just sayin...

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

Barely going but a couple people that are WAY cooler🍻🤙😎... Just sayin...

And some guy who likes koozies.............. :rolleyes: 

• Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

Not much in terms of an update. I did a 25 gallon water change. Switched to reef crystals for the higher alkalinity than the tropic marin. I found a website that does fish equipment repairs and need to get some further information to see if it is worth sending my led pucks out to be fixed. Also ran a wire chase along the rim so no more wires behind/infront of the display. 

Chaeto has now trippled in size and pods are everywhere. I'm hoping to get a mandarin pair soon. 

No pics. Deal with it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Okay. One pic of the wireless back wall. 

20221206_230815.thumb.jpg.83d747fff09efb1c01b8dd7d642ff98c.jpg

is it the cleanest? No. Not even close.  But it does draw your eye away from wires running all willy-nilly through the center of the tank. 

• Like 4

The power supplies JUST make it under the tank rim along the edge.   No longer need to worry about my son tugging on the cords every chance he gets. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, patback said:

Okay. One pic of the wireless back wall. 

20221206_230815.thumb.jpg.83d747fff09efb1c01b8dd7d642ff98c.jpg

is it the cleanest? No. Not even close.  But it does draw your eye away from wires running all willy-nilly through the center of the tank. 

Dude that looks pretty clean. 1000 times better !! Maybe some type of hose to cover from the tank to the light. Something similar to like the automotive stuff used to wrap wires or like that spiral black stuff for pc cabling 🤔

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I lost two chromis from the beginning maybe 2 weeks apart. Everything else is doing good. Got a mandarin coming in the mail on Monday and 1 of the 3 light fixtures should be here on Monday or Tuesday. I ran some tubing for a water station in the garage and got 3 brute cans for salt, fresh and waste water. 

Color is starting to come back on some of the sps that browned out from erins tank being high in nutrients. She is still battling some cyano as of right now. 1 acro is showing some white nubs indicating some new outwards growth and everything else is beginning to look like it is encrusting. Green and pink tipped torch looks like it is splitting into 3 heads. That's just about it in terms of updates. 

Still waiting on the right time to strike and steal one of erins white zombie zoas. Any day now.....

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2022 at 3:33 PM, ArabTanker said:

HEY! You forgot me!

On 11/29/2022 at 5:22 PM, patback said:

Lawn pokes his head in maybe once a year.  Had a few hissyfits and stormed off.  Metrokat moved onto instagram I think. Gina, I am not sure what happened to. Stella was borderline stalking people on here for what she felt was a holier-than-thou political/prejudice/ bully reasons. Jedi fell off the earth and hillbilly just sort of disappeared. Lawnmans thread is still going, but I think it would just be me and maybe spectra that were there at the same time as you. 

I'm coming back. And this time I intend to stay!

Lawn always has hissy fits. He will randomly text me and make fun of me. Then disappear lol. Stella got really crazy with me. Like hated me because of politics. Stalked me. It was creepy.

I miss Gina. Hope she is well.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, braaap said:

HEY! You forgot me!

I'm coming back. And this time I intend to stay!

Lawn always has hissy fits. He will randomly text me and make fun of me. Then disappear lol. Stella got really crazy with me. Like hated me because of politics. Stalked me. It was creepy.

I miss Gina. Hope she is well.

Yeah, Stella was super "tolerant" of people with different mindsets from hers.  I think she was ingesting too much lead from her "art" paintings. 

Glad you are sticking around!  

The mandarin is getting plump. I guess because he is so small, he doesn't wander very far. Stays within the same Maybe 6 square inches of rock, all day every day. Lol, atleast I always know where to find him. 

• Like 3
  • patback changed the title to 6 feet of reef