Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

6 feet of reef

patback

2 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Lol . Got a never used nanobox flare if you want it . No controls has to go on a timer or run full time 

I'm not familiar with the flare at all. Is it specifically a fuge light?  As spectra said I'd like something with a more red or plant-like color spectrum. How much you want for it?

6 minutes ago, patback said:

I'm not familiar with the flare at all. Is it specifically a fuge light?  As spectra said I'd like something with a more red or plant-like color spectrum. How much you want for it?

Honestly no idea about the light. Background story was I had issues with my biocube light fromDave. Was upgrading the tank at the time to the Reefer 250. We cut a deal to have him make me a fuge light. Never tried it.  It showed up and it wasn't red leds like I expected.  Is more of a light green and white hue. After asking Dave about it he said it was his flare model and "grows anything" originally for planted tanks..

Looks like the shape of a mini tide.. one puck. Anyways if you want it it's yours for shipping costs . I'm not gunna use it anyways like to see it go to a Reefer 

1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

Honestly no idea about the light. Background story was I had issues with my biocube light fromDave. Was upgrading the tank at the time to the Reefer 250. We cut a deal to have him make me a fuge light. Never tried it.  It showed up and it wasn't red leds like I expected.  Is more of a light green and white hue. After asking Dave about it he said it was his flare model and "grows anything" originally for planted tanks..

Looks like the shape of a mini tide.. one puck. Anyways if you want it it's yours for shipping costs . I'm not gunna use it anyways like to see it go to a Reefer 

I'd appreciate it!  Send me a dm with your venmo or PayPal and I'll give it a whirl. 

8 hours ago, patback said:

I'd appreciate it!  Send me a dm with your venmo or PayPal and I'll give it a whirl. 

let me dig it out this weekend then I'll hit ya up. Gunna be pretty busy/hungover for the next few days🙃🍻🤙

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, patback said:

I actually was originally gonna use my nanobox from my Pico but my router won't send out a dedicated 2.4 ghz signal. I went fiber and it is "smart" and supposed to automatically switch but the light won't recognize it. 

I'm guessing your new router just sends out one SSID for both 2.4GHz and 5 GHz and the nanobox or its app can't recognize that your phone is connecting it to a network that's both. Essentially, the control app sees you connected to a 5GHz network and doesn't realize that it can also use that as a 2.4GHz network for the nanobox setup. This is an issue I've had before with my Google mesh wifi, but I've seen it on other newer routers too.

If this is the case and you do still want to use that light somewhere, one simple way I've seen to get 2.4 GHz devices onto networks like yours is to add a cheap 2.4GHz wifi extender/access point nearby and have the device connect to that. I have an old TP-link WiFi extender I've used for this purpose before. It's nice because I can specify which bands to use on it and set up the extender with a unique SSID if I want.

Another route (albeit not always possible) is to try moving further away from your router, forget the WiFi connection on your mobile device that you're using to set up the nanobox, and then reconnect. If you can get just far enough away, your mobile device will just connect to the 2.4GHz and you may be able to then connect the nanobox to that network. This works because 2.4GHz signals will generally travel further than 5GHz. If I had to do this, I'd set up the light in my car with a DC to AC adapter that I have and slowly pull out of my driveway until I could just connect to 2.4GHz. Wild, I know, but if it works...

Next, if you have an older mobile device that doesn't have 5GHz, you may be able to install the control app on there and use it to connect your nanobox since the app will then recognize it as a 2.4GHz network.

There are some other ways as well, but some of them tend to get a little more complicated and dependent upon what kind of device you're using. Hope this helps you or someone else here in the future!

10 hours ago, patback said:

Found it .. the little side peices were silconed on but fell off in shipping I guess but ya can glue them back..  and as a Bonus i found my hammock in the fish closet. Been looking for that for a year🤣20221123_074836.thumb.jpg.781f8a789ebaf795eef52d4a65758edc.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Found it .. the little side peices were silconed on but fell off in shipping I guess but ya can glue them back..  and as a Bonus i found my hammock in the fish closet. Been looking for that for a year🤣20221123_074836.thumb.jpg.781f8a789ebaf795eef52d4a65758edc.jpg

Yup, they fell off of mine too.i actually had to steal one off of the bluefish part to cover the light end because I think one of the cats ran off with it.  Thanks again dude. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, patback said:

Yup, they fell off of mine too.i actually had to steal one off of the bluefish part to cover the light end because I think one of the cats ran off with it.  Thanks again dude. 

You get a wave maker yet? I forgot I ordered this too . It's brand new think I paid like 100 bucks for it, sell it to ya for 50. Things move a shit load of water too. I have one in my tank and have it pretty low

20221123_132543.jpg

9 minutes ago, patback said:

Hmmm... wonder if the Jebao would work with the maxspect controller??

I ended up picking up an mp40 to go on the opposite end of the gyre. 

I doubt it lol. If you have the gyre then your good

• Like 1
9 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

Probably made in China……:lol:

4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Probably made in China……:lol:

Ha guaranteed that part was assembled in the good Ole usa.. poor Dave was checked out at this point.  Lot of respect for that dude . Really really good guy but should have shut her down like 2 years before he did. Guy was over it...... kinda reminds me of my situation hahaha

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Ha guaranteed that part was assembled in the good Ole usa.. poor Dave was checked out at this point.  Lot of respect for that dude . Really really good guy but should have shut her down like 2 years before he did. Guy was over it...... kinda reminds me of my situation hahaha

yeah Dave was a good guy I probably spent over 3k in lights from him. 

I should text him happy turkey day….hope he is doing well. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, FISHnChix said:

I doubt it lol. If you have the gyre then your good

I definitely have enough flow right now. The gyre is running +70/-70 % and the mp40 is set on 4100 gph reefcrest with a 2 hour span of nutrient export mode starting at midnight. Return pump is running at 100% and that thing THROWS water.  Poor chromis are getting tossed around all day. :lol: I went from wanting a simple easy reef to its looking like an sps dominant one. 

4 hours ago, spectra said:

yeah Dave was a good guy I probably spent over 3k in lights from him. 

I should text him happy turkey day….hope he is doing well. 

He definitly had a nice product. I'm not sure what his whole story was and I'm not one to judge. I just wish the lights could be ran on something other than the blue fish (which was terrible). I am not a fan of an app being the ONLY way to control stuff. 

Hell, the light I have over the display now NEEDS Bluetooth to control it and it shuts the lights off permanently on a power failure unless you manually turn them back on through the computer. Sounds like a real bitch if the lights flicker while you are away on a trip. 

I am thinking more and more, once I go back to work and get a few full paychecks in, I'm gonna buy 3 of those Chinese lights for cheap and have the piece of mind that I don't have 60 lbs of lighting above the tank that is undependable and of poor color... while I save up for a different hybrid set up. 

• Like 1

Light shut off and wouldn't turn back on for 2 hours because the Bluetooth and app sucks. Ordered 3 of the Chinese lights a little earlier than expected.  

Got a bunch more snails and crabs, a vlamingii tang and one spot fox face. 

Then today I dropped another 4 or 500 on more coral and fish split between the wife's tank and mine. Black Friday is getting dangerous for me.  Spent the better part of 2 hours acllimating and gluing stuff. Will take real pictures when I get the new lights up. 

20221126_200852.thumb.jpg.3624edf5263b5bc86c65e1dcfe0813f1.jpg20221126_200746.thumb.jpg.fa02eb21a6fc360e606f4254f252f354.jpg20221126_200734.thumb.jpg.1ecee9ec86ec986aab712ae4913ee3aa.jpg20221126_200633.thumb.jpg.2af92e7e0e645f9102b9a61a64c4b474.jpg20221126_200606.thumb.jpg.7ce5b813fbc641c489867c19faa8e5e5.jpg20221126_200536.thumb.jpg.76a35f5aa2c40ea1d7436db6e468161f.jpg20221126_200301.thumb.jpg.8a3ed54de3c30e0301dcbd752c980b94.jpg

These were the easy to photo stuff. Got some others that will try to take out the orphek lenses to get a pic of. 

20221126_200515.jpg

20221126_200210.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
52 minutes ago, ArabTanker said:

Holy smokes. You're still going strong! Good luck with the new setup!

Man! I was just thinking of you like 2 weeks ago. How have you been?  Hope all is well. 

Thank you. 

18 minutes ago, patback said:

Man! I was just thinking of you like 2 weeks ago. How have you been?  Hope all is well. 

Thank you. 

Haha really? That's funny. I recently had to take one of my old empty tanks from my parents house so now it's just sitting in my garage. Each time I see it I feel an urge to get it cleaned up and set something up. I haven't set up a tank in - sheesh - 8 years or so?

A small all-in-one simple setup is really appealing at the moment.

But I've been great thank you for asking, bud! Happy to know you're still keeping your hands wet! This looks like a fun build.

21 minutes ago, ArabTanker said:

Haha really? That's funny. I recently had to take one of my old empty tanks from my parents house so now it's just sitting in my garage. Each time I see it I feel an urge to get it cleaned up and set something up. I haven't set up a tank in - sheesh - 8 years or so?

A small all-in-one simple setup is really appealing at the moment.

But I've been great thank you for asking, bud! Happy to know you're still keeping your hands wet! This looks like a fun build.

It is. Really nice to have a "big" tank with a little extra liberties in terms of what I can keep. I actually sort of stopped after we bought our house and stored a few select pieces in my wife's tank, so this is getting my hands wet again for the first time in 3ish years. 

I think you got engaged the last you were around here?

If you decide to start back up and start a thread let me know. I may have a few things laying around for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 11/23/2022 at 3:40 PM, patback said:

Bad news bud... It seems Bluefish is going to enforce a subscription model if you want to continue to use your lights 😞. @DaveFason

image.thumb.png.292dce8e7bf5976304517807ddc6b5cc.png

• Sad 2
12 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Bad news bud... It seems Bluefish is going to enforce a subscription model if you want to continue to use your lights 😞. @DaveFason

Nice to see you around here. Howve you been?  Still flying?

If that happens I think I'd just try to figure out what relays are controlling what in the light and just run it as all or nothing. The bluefish controller isn't nearly good enough to warrant any type of subscription. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
7 minutes ago, patback said:

Nice to see you around here. Howve you been?  Still flying?

If that happens I think I'd just try to figure out what relays are controlling what in the light and just run it as all or nothing. The bluefish controller isn't nearly good enough to warrant any type of subscription. 

I'm good! Was just browsing some old threads during this long weekend to see what's new.

I haven't flown in a couple of years. It was really expensive and at some point (particularly after encountering some poorly kept planes) seemed more stressful than fun. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Geez. How long have you not been around?  Dave quit a loooooooong time ago and hasn’t come back here since.  
there aren’t any tank on here that runs a nanobox that I can recall any more either. 

1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

Geez. How long have you not been around?  Dave quit a loooooooong time ago and hasn’t come back here since.  
there aren’t any tank on here that runs a nanobox that I can recall any more either. 

I'm not really on here anymore, but I still have 2 tanks running Nanoboxes with Bluefish controllers. I pretty much never change the settings though so a subscription is absolutely not worth the cost. 

@patback if you figure anything out controller-wise let me know. I'm hoping I can just pick some settings and ride it out. 

• Like 2
  • patback changed the title to 6 feet of reef