inTank Media Baskets

Deputy_Pooh

Deputy_Pooh

I’m wondering if I went a little too extreme and overloaded my tank? So I happened to do a inventory of everything in my tank and I realized I have:

3 fish

16 invertebrates 

20 corals

all in a 10 gallon tank. It definitely sounds like too much but honestly looking at it, it doesn’t seem that much. As far as corals, all of the pieces are frags and I know I will have a lil coral warfare in my area with the montiporas but other than that, there’s plenty of room for colonies to form. 

and with everything I have, my parameters were on point. I know ppl don’t believe in skimmers on such a small tank, but I think it helps with everything I have. And my collection cup is pulling out dark green skimmate. The pic I have is with a orange lens so it doesn’t show it’s true color. 

5BFEACF2-1005-480D-B1E8-C43706AA3DFD.thumb.jpeg.3b1e962fd94711e7f32f2873cabdd0f8.jpeg

• Like 2
On 5/28/2022 at 11:14 AM, Deputy_Pooh said:

Well I’ve came to the conclusion that I want to remove my blue spotted goby

Probably a good call since it also seems like it would get too big for the waterbox. Tank usaa chugging right along it seems!

• Thanks 1

I'm afraid my dozen frags in a 40 is overloaded for coral (but wanting more) and you've got 20 in a 10.  I don't know if this inspires me or makes me feel silly, to be honest 😅

If you can keep the parameters in check, and the animals aren't dying/fighting/looking stressed for something like having a tang in there, I'd say that it's fine.  But I'm far from an expert.  

Deputy_Pooh
9 minutes ago, Riona said:

I'm afraid my dozen frags in a 40 is overloaded for coral (but wanting more) and you've got 20 in a 10.  I don't know if this inspires me or makes me feel silly, to be honest 😅

If you can keep the parameters in check, and the animals aren't dying/fighting/looking stressed for something like having a tang in there, I'd say that it's fine.  But I'm far from an expert.  

I was initially hesitant when I started adding corals, of course ppl are going to say wait when adding stuff due to the maturity of the tank. But it became addictive once I placed my first few corals in and monitored its progress. Once I saw that they were doing successful and my tests were showing numbers in acceptable ranges, that brought comfort in adding a few more here and there. I’m not an expert either, but stability is the key to success. 

• 2 weeks later...
Deputy_Pooh

Not much to update on with my tank. I’ve encounter the normal stages of diatom that lasted about 3 weeks. Now I’m in the stage of having a lil green algae on the glass and currently has my tank cloudy with a lil green tint to the water. Nothing on the rocks yet thank god, but I’m hoping this stage passes shortly. 

Current 2 month FTS

65CE4E71-16E7-4D71-8E97-D6D15B773F57.thumb.jpeg.4da4d9184d3a623a85e15374717bfc3d.jpeg

75C26155-87EF-4BEA-A901-3356C4941AEA.thumb.jpeg.322464b8dda914de1a59ced26e1afc0c.jpeg

2D148EFB-E65D-4E98-9F2A-A4BC2D230AAB.thumb.jpeg.ba1264c6b3b9ee2d35e4c55c3ea8b6f4.jpeg

8AC7785E-1FA7-4670-AF07-89687FFDBD01.thumb.png.203128e5909b9c788e2844535496ee6a.png

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
Deputy_Pooh
2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

You have been shopping. Tank looks awesome.

I couldn’t stay out of the LFS initially. I’ve managed to chill the last month n half. Just observing that corals growth and progression of my tank. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...