Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Deputy_Pooh
7 minutes ago, aclman88 said:

Nice setup!  I really like to combination and colors of coral.  Also, this setup is eerily familiar to mine: waterbox 10 on a white jbj stand, nero 3 and a white ai prime on the black hard mount. 

 

Thank you, I appreciate the support . I love the combination of a tank and white stand. Plus with my home decor being grey and white, it blends in perfectly. I’m not sure if I’ve came across your setup in my research of tanks, but I’ve seen your current setup and I’m digging the isolation your aqua scape has, and the floating rockwork is dope as well. 

Link to comment
aclman88

Thanks.  That setup you re referring to is from my office contest tank (its a diy 5 gallon all in one).  I will see if I have any pictures of my waterbox setup.  It is definitely a nice tank and the glass clarity is excellent.  I also like the clear silicone on the seams and the glass false wall.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Deputy_Pooh

Well…… I bought another frag today and after I glued it to the rock some glue came out from the underneath the plug. I ended up leaving the glue as it was very minimum and unnoticeable, however when I fed my corals shortly after, I noticed that my skunk cleaner shrimp front claws were glued together.. I wonder if this is a issue or should I let him be until he molts again??? Dang shrimp….

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Deputy_Pooh

The fish store got me again. I need to restrain myself from going to anymore stores. I just pulled the plug on a TSA Heavens Gate torch..64BC009A-36B4-47B9-8A6B-2C339CB638EA.thumb.jpeg.5aa3e47602010a139477fab8c1d5063a.jpeg

 

Meanwhile my flurry clownfish managed to photobomb my pic. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Not that I NEED to drive that far, mind you, but what are the good stores are around the Orlando area?  Farthest I've been inland to one is a kinda crummy one in Winter Haven. 

Link to comment
Deputy_Pooh
31 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Winter Park has Top Shelf Aquatics and World Wide Corals.

Top Shelf and World Wide Corals (the main location in Orlando are great. I never been to their Winter Park location. Also Living Reef is not bad either. Those are the only 3 stores I’ve been too since I got back into the hobby. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Deputy_Pooh
1 hour ago, Riona said:

Not that I NEED to drive that far, mind you, but what are the good stores are around the Orlando area?  Farthest I've been inland to one is a kinda crummy one in Winter Haven. 

Are you out on the coast?? If so, wut stores do you have in that area. 

Link to comment

Worse, I'm in Sebring 😂  I work in Ybor, though.  The stores I like in the Tampa-ish area are Fish and other Icthy Stuff, Marine Warehouse, and Coral Corral.  Owner of FaoIS is a bit terse, but is really knowledgeable.  His store's a bit chaotic right now, but that's because the city he's based out of decided to bulldoze the little storefront he was sharing with a couple other businesses a couple years ago, and he's still working at filling the new space.  Even so, if I've got a question I typically ask him as well as asking on a forum because he's absolutely the sort who'll push a moderate end product, but won't hesitate to not make a sale if he thinks a fish would be a poor choice for your system.  Marine Warehouse is the closest to where I work.  It's half salt/half fresh, has a pretty big selection, and usually has some nice coral from $10 frags to couple hundred dollar colonies.  Selection kinda varies by the week.  Sometimes I have to spend a lot of time to narrow things down to fit in my budget, other times I'll only see one piece that really grabs my eye.  Coral Corral is mostly coral with a single row of fish in aquariums and again a selection between $10-a few hundred.  They also seem to be the only one out of the three that reliably has some really nice SPS frags.  Their display tanks are also bloody awesome.  They sell the SPS frags out of the big SPS tank, have one that is just 'nems, one that is tons of LPS (starter colonies, mostly) one that's probably 50+ yellow tail damsels (probably dropping by the week, LOL) with a dragon eel, and one that has a ton of BIG tangs and angels.  I know there are more out here, but the only one I've really been to of them is kinda so-so.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Deputy_Pooh
On 5/13/2022 at 5:07 PM, Riona said:

Worse, I'm in Sebring 😂  I work in Ybor, though.  The stores I like in the Tampa-ish area are Fish and other Icthy Stuff, Marine Warehouse, and Coral Corral.  Owner of FaoIS is a bit terse, but is really knowledgeable.  His store's a bit chaotic right now, but that's because the city he's based out of decided to bulldoze the little storefront he was sharing with a couple other businesses a couple years ago, and he's still working at filling the new space.  Even so, if I've got a question I typically ask him as well as asking on a forum because he's absolutely the sort who'll push a moderate end product, but won't hesitate to not make a sale if he thinks a fish would be a poor choice for your system.  Marine Warehouse is the closest to where I work.  It's half salt/half fresh, has a pretty big selection, and usually has some nice coral from $10 frags to couple hundred dollar colonies.  Selection kinda varies by the week.  Sometimes I have to spend a lot of time to narrow things down to fit in my budget, other times I'll only see one piece that really grabs my eye.  Coral Corral is mostly coral with a single row of fish in aquariums and again a selection between $10-a few hundred.  They also seem to be the only one out of the three that reliably has some really nice SPS frags.  Their display tanks are also bloody awesome.  They sell the SPS frags out of the big SPS tank, have one that is just 'nems, one that is tons of LPS (starter colonies, mostly) one that's probably 50+ yellow tail damsels (probably dropping by the week, LOL) with a dragon eel, and one that has a ton of BIG tangs and angels.  I know there are more out here, but the only one I've really been to of them is kinda so-so.

When I had my last tank it was stores everywhere in my area. Now it’s just a handful. I may have to look up Coral Corral next time I’m in the area. If u come to the Orlando area, it’s a must you stop by World Wide Corals (WWC). It’s like a superstore. They are somewhat pricey tho, but their selection is enormous. I believe they have a YouTube video with BRS staff going there when it first opened. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Deputy_Pooh

Torch is fully open today. I can see more purple in the base and bottom part of tentacles. I know Top Shelf Aquatics list it as a TSA Heavens Gate Torch, but I’m realizing every place is gonna slap some fancy name on it if it’s not truly identifiable or a variation. Needless to say, it’s a marvelous coral.

 5B12838B-FB0D-4486-8F9E-7B61EB1AE127.thumb.png.ae7a951673d6c95722936cb88f122e58.png

 

3F6FB7F6-20D4-4D05-A98C-E5B450245CE0.thumb.jpeg.40522d53a4aaeeab7eb5eb7ce297edd6.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I think I've seen their website.  It's a hike, but it'd be nice to get out there sometime.  Thanks!

 

Also, that torch is awesome.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
On 5/11/2022 at 4:00 PM, Deputy_Pooh said:

Well…… I bought another frag today and after I glued it to the rock some glue came out from the underneath the plug. I ended up leaving the glue as it was very minimum and unnoticeable, however when I fed my corals shortly after, I noticed that my skunk cleaner shrimp front claws were glued together.. I wonder if this is a issue or should I let him be until he molts again??? Dang shrimp….

oh my goodness...super glue, I love it and hate it!!  I am so bad with it.  Glad he came unglued.

Link to comment
7 hours ago, sadie said:

oh my goodness...super glue, I love it and hate it!!  I am so bad with it.  Glad he came unglued.

Yea that lil monster went bananas when he got free. Lol. Taking food from my corals. He’s a handful to deal with. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, DevilDuck said:

Looks fantastic! I've been super hesitant to pull the trigger on these fancy pricey torches but I think my wallet is loosening after seeing these pictures!

I wanted something that stands out, especially being that my tank is small and limited to the amount of space I have.  Yes, they are indeed pricey and probably overpriced.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...