SaltCritters.com

9to5 - A box of oddballs

Tamberav

On 5/15/2022 at 2:16 AM, Snow_Phoenix said:

The majanos are the best bit! Is Bugzy the saron shrimp still in there? :happy:

I believe so! I haven't been able to look at the tank much in two weeks lol I have the lights coming on in the middle of the night because my son takes naps in there during the day. I will move the tank out to a different room soon. Bugzy likes to hide and then just show up randomly to peak at me and poof again...

On 5/10/2022 at 10:40 PM, kimdawg said:

Very realistic slice of the ocean.  Glad you got rid of your algae, that plagued me at times also.  Good luck in the contest.

thank you!

• Like 2

A few photos from a water change.

I was reaching in the waste bucket looking for a nem I sucked up. It was cloudy and dark and I could not see. I had put a rock in there temporarily. 

I was greeted by an angry emerald crab! An emerald crab grabbing on to you in a murky bucket when you least expect is is a good way to make you rip your hand right out of the bucket and get water everywhere lol At first I had no idea what grabbed me. I was able to catch her in a cup and put her back. What a booger!

deflated nems waiting for me to fill the tank back up! 

ECBE0D8D-E07D-4B2C-AB9C-0F93121C2E13.thumb.jpeg.bfadbb26e1d632c6ccbc9c8566f57347.jpeg

AACD4453-71D3-4E35-B875-74B11F999C46.thumb.jpeg.89d234ee8d667ba1360cfb5d642a81d9.jpeg

1C99D05A-EBE1-4C3D-B7F9-34B4F96B28AE.thumb.jpeg.b53986f6170afd9b064083570da2c691.jpeg

flesh seems to be getting better on this slowly? 

63A89D96-8A4F-4FEA-B5A5-5A1ABC13C5E1.thumb.jpeg.db89b1df93597ba6dc0b2e120f1dbcd2.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I traded some of my nems for some corals and a new majano. 

received:

jawbreaker mushroom

superman mushroom

yuma rock

giant green majano (has a lighter neon foot, pretty cool)

Everything is mad as I took the pic after I added them. 

C2621071-F3FE-45E5-BBB4-AC016EB02249.thumb.jpeg.5591aba2d7c18e89a2f838629cd98c98.jpeg

33D777F1-3132-4964-BB2C-FC8F39CA061B.thumb.jpeg.daf8ec3ea9c654a3e8223c134f3327ec.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 2

Where do you get all those cool majanos? Trading and luck? 

How fast do they multiply? I'm awful tempted to see if I can find myself some of those fancier ones. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Tired said:

Where do you get all those cool majanos? Trading and luck? 

How fast do they multiply? I'm awful tempted to see if I can find myself some of those fancier ones. 

Seems to be an unground majano scene! haha

but for real... I bought my pink tip ones here awhile ago off nano-reef when someone was taking a tank down and have since then traded them for other Majano nems or corals. I post pics of my tank and I get PM's asking to buy or trade. 

one guy had a SPS/mix tank with majano's in it. Said as long as his SPS were large/grown out, they did fine with the pest nems. 

Different strains seem to multiply at different rates. I have one brown one for months and it finally became two lol My pink tips seem to multiply pretty fast. My all green ones slower... the bubbly purple/green tips seem to multiply at a decent pace too. 

They multiply by splitting and don't seem to just pop up the way aiptasia does from nothing on the other side of the tank. They will move around but have to crawl there. I guess they are kinda like trying to keep an invasive mushroom (like discosoma) under control but a little bit easier since you can generally get the nem off and it won't grow back from just a dot of flesh like a mushroom. Take the rock out of the tank for 10 min or such and they will loosen there grip I have noticed.

• Like 3

If anyone ever wants to trade. I am open to trade for most anything I don't have 🙂

14 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

#majormajanoenvy 

Jawbreakers are fun to watch grow and develop reds and greens (I’ve yet to have any purples, but here’s to hoping!) develop. Solid trades!

ya, it will be interesting to see what it does. He said the yuma rock had 3 yumas on it but it's more like a yuma colony lol I always seem to do well with trades. I told him I would take some softies and he offered up some mushrooms or zoas 🙂

• Like 3