Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

🎅 Potential Nano-Reef Secret Santa?🎄

The Rainy Day Aquarium

The Rainy Day Aquarium

I was at a local shop the other day with my wife and couldn't help but notice Christmas decorations of every sort on the shelves. Don't get me wrong, I am very much in the camp of enjoying Autumn before thinking about the winter holiday season, but it got me thinking about possibly having a Nano-Reef Secret Santa with those willing to participate? It doesn't have to be anything crazy or extravagant.

I just wanted to see if there was any interest at all? What do you think? 

• Like 1
Kindanewtothis
8 minutes ago, Chowder's Reef said:

I was at a local shop the other day with my wife and couldn't help but notice Christmas decorations of every sort on the shelves. Don't get me wrong, I am very much in the camp of enjoying Autumn before thinking about the winter holiday season, but it got me thinking about possibly having a Nano-Reef Secret Santa with those willing to participate? It doesn't have to be anything crazy or extravagant.

I just wanted to see if there was any interest at all? What do you think? 

Would it be open for out of the US members?

righttirefire

@jbb ran one for a couple years. It's a lot of work for the "organizer" but has been awesome in the past. It was US only due to shipping internationally. But I believe we had a a couple international participants who sent things to each other.

do a search for the past secret Santa threads. I want to say it's been 2 years since the last one. 

• Like 3
The Rainy Day Aquarium
18 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

@jbb ran one for a couple years. It's a lot of work for the "organizer" but has been awesome in the past. It was US only due to shipping internationally. But I believe we had a a couple international participants who sent things to each other.

do a search for the past secret Santa threads. I want to say it's been 2 years since the last one. 

Yeah I figured international shipping charges would be pretty cost prohibitive. Maybe have a US side and UK/European side of participants or something like that? Idk what do you UK blokes think?

I'd be willing to organize it all. 

I'll do a little more digging on the previous ones and if there is enough interest I'll get this going! 

• Like 1
righttirefire

There has always been huge interest. Jbb had a good organizational template/rules. Be sure to drop a line into the Bana's reef/life chat thread and Lawn's bad news lounge chat thread.

• Like 3
righttirefire
8 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

And screw those sorry Canadians!

Oh wait!

Lol... I'd say if you could get more that 2 people in any area that the postage wouldn't be more than the $20 "buy-in", do it!

• Like 2
The Rainy Day Aquarium
12 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

There has always been huge interest. Jbb had a good organizational template/rules. Be sure to drop a line into the Bana's reef/life chat thread and Lawn's bad news lounge chat thread.

I will for sure do that!

17 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

200w.gif

The Rainy Day Aquarium
10 minutes ago, Kindanewtothis said:

And screw those sorry Canadians!

Oh wait!

2 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Lol... I'd say if you could get more that 2 people in any area that the postage wouldn't be more than the $20 "buy-in", do it!

I agree with this. 

righttirefire
33 minutes ago, Chowder's Reef said:

That place scares me. Strange smells. Lots of BBQ. And Some bunny keeps posting weird memes 😥

Don't let us "lawn darts" scare you. Jump in and enjoy the ride. We're all good people who show affection toward each other with cross words and a "sibling-style" rivalry.

• Like 4
righttirefire
1 hour ago, Murphych said:

Balls to secret Santa @braaap never sent me my present in 2015.. either that or yank mail is still.working on it.....

A) burp is a liar! I bet it got @HarryPotter 'd

1 hour ago, patback said:

@WV Reefer left west Virginia, so the smell has gotten better. 

And aren't you the one with the SS torso?

• Haha 3
The Rainy Day Aquarium
1 hour ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Question. If I participate, can I draw the tank keeper, so I can blame getting her a reefing gift on NanoReef Secret Santa?! 

I promise nothing. But bribes might help your odds 😁

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Chowder's Reef said:

Yeah I figured international shipping charges would be pretty cost prohibitive. Maybe have a US side and UK/European side of participants or something like that? Idk what do you UK blokes think?

I'd be willing to organize it all. 

I'll do a little more digging on the previous ones and if there is enough interest I'll get this going! 

Even sending things from the UK to the rest of Europe is expensive now, EU to EU might not be too bad and UK to UK is decent. Could work for dry goods i guess 

• Like 1