ReefCleaners.org

The Rainy Day Aquarium
48 minutes ago, Tired said:

Title change makes me think this hypothetical experiment is a lot less than hypothetical.

I mean, hypothetically, you're not wrong...

My focus is on my 26 bowfront for now, but just making a few housekeeping notes for the future in some of my journals 😉

• The Rainy Day Aquarium changed the title to RDA’s 6 Gallon Long
  • 1 month later...
The Rainy Day Aquarium

After a little further inspection the windowsill isn’t going to fit the tank 😕 no worries though, I just went back to my original plan (which I’m glad it worked out that way) a little sneak peak of the tank so far:

D5EFA46D-7400-486E-A6C7-01362A21CBFD.thumb.jpeg.0ea2eae88ee324002e7021b26760667e.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The Rainy Day Aquarium
On 3/2/2023 at 12:21 PM, geekreef_05 said:

Oh i love where this is headed.

Super nice tank! Dimensions are amazing.

Thanks!

It's like a baby version of your tank lol. You have to get creative with the dimensions front to back, <6" gets crowded fast, but overall it gives a big tank vibe in a compact 6 gallon display. 

The Rainy Day Aquarium

Hmmmmmm. Well I've about had it with the Noopysche lights. I can't get anything to connect to them. I spent the last month trouble shooting them with no success. I really like these lights, but shoot when they went wireless with them it seems like it all went downhill. (lots of people on R2R have had the same problem). I guess they are just junk until a new firmware update or something comes out for them. Ugh!

On the other hand, AI has a 30" version of their Blade?....maybe pair it with a Nero 3...🤔 

• Sad 1
The Rainy Day Aquarium
3 hours ago, growsomething said:

4 pages of talk!  Let's gooooo!

:haha:

Jk

It’s turning into one of THOSE threads 😬 

lol I’ve just been busy and all my money is going to the bowfront. (And talk is cheap ya? 😂)

1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

I'l take the Noop's off your hands 🙂

If you want them send me a dm 😁

I do agree though,I think t5 would be great. The ReefBrite Supra with a XHO would be ideal. 

But a led fixture would nicer to look at them a t5 fixture,I can admit that. 

Screenshot_20230410_211123_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2
The Rainy Day Aquarium
On 4/10/2023 at 7:15 PM, Reefkid88 said:

I do agree though,I think t5 would be great. The ReefBrite Supra with a XHO would be ideal. 

But a led fixture would nicer to look at them a t5 fixture,I can admit that. 

I really like T5s, but I haven’t found a fixture that I think is a good fit for this tank. Maybe like a 24” dual T5 strip would work? But most of them are pretty thicc. 

For something this small and shallow those 21led usa's which give like 20-30 PAR at 12" might work pretty well.

I think the ali-express orbit bar knock-offs can be cut to custom sizes on orders with solid discounts too. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
The Rainy Day Aquarium

I was thinking about the 21LED lights. I've used their 50/50 reef bar pro. It was a good basic light for pretty cheap, but I didn't use it long enough to really have an opinion about it.

The Rainy Day Aquarium

Ended up breaking and ordering a 30" AI Blade.

Was going to make some acrylic stand offs/legs for it. It should end up being a sharp setup (I hope lol).  

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
growsomething

That is a very clean look, although my 2nd thought is I would not like to clean the pipes.  Also love the islands with gorgonia, looks straight out of the Keys.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
The Rainy Day Aquarium

Lily pipes always have a maintenance schedule of their own. Not one I particularly enjoy, but I think they're worth it in the end to have. 

Most of the things in here came from KP Aquatics, so I suppose it kind of is a Keys biotope right now.

• Wow 1

I love the design of the Blades.

These 'bookshelf' style tanks have always been my favorite footprints.  Super easy to work in and wonderful to view - but a real challenge to 'scape.  You did a great job and your photography work lends the entire system a clean aesthetic.  Vibing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2