ReefCleaners.org

Twin Desktop Pico's

Ratvan

1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

Haggling at the moment, the Clowns might go in the trade. Which would be for the best long term

Fair enough, bit small of a space now sadly.
I just got done sorting out a handful of $5 frags myself, the fun's all in finding things lol.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

Ask mittens - I think he may have some frags (healthy, colorful, sizeable). 

That shippin'd cost more than a small child XD

Come to think of it you've had a lousy run of off-luck, why not go with durable lookalikes? 
Branching cyphastrea, bipinate sea plumes, branching psammo, pavona, branching blue ridge, turbinaria heroensis, if you wanted to go a "bit more" traditional sps grab some anacropora or "branching porites (never seen it actually start nubbing myself). 

I still think a collection of slimer color-morphs would look pretty sweet haha, but -the green at least- may be hard to turn around and re-sale (though damned if I could find any blue, purple, or yellow stateside)...

.... How many tanks you had going since i've been gone? 😄 
Prices on them coral are nice, i just paid £25 for a green stylo slightly smaller than that but now he's 99.5% dead 😕 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Proxo said:

.... How many tanks you had going since i've been gone? 😄 
Prices on them coral are nice, i just paid £25 for a green stylo slightly smaller than that but now he's 99.5% dead 😕 

*counts fingers* - where you here to see the Spec V running or not? If not three 😄

Also sold the Spec V today, managed to make an extra £20 off what I paid for it (purchased for 30 sold for 50) people 🤷‍♂️

Yeah sadly he's been offline for a week so I hope he gets online soon, hoping for a road trip for my Birthday (saturday)

Ok so the coral road trip is starting to look like it is happening, I have agreed to 7 Frags for £40 😄

Green red digi mix
Forest fire digi
German blue digi
Monti confusa
Red plating monti
Green plating monti
Monti hirsuta

So I am thinking I'll see if I can find the smallest pieces in his Reef. If they are small enough I will see if I Can get any other the others, these 3 for £10

Blue Pavona
Limeberry hysterix - The Mini Colony

Pink Hysterix

I have seen this tank before and will see if I can get some Photographs of it for you. Also getting his parameters today to see how different it is within the Pico as I have between now and Sunday (4 Days) to be able to do water changes, change salinity blah blah blah as well as mix up another 5 Gallons to store for a month or so for future changes. 

I am most excited about the Montipora Confusa, I have seen a few on here and I really like the growth pattern. Also this seems to be a rare coral in the UK so to get a piece for cheap is like rocking horse shite! Same as the Setosa which I hope somehow gets fragged between now and then, maybe Christmas 

• Like 3

Well the green plate I dropped while it was still in the tub, so glued it back together 😬

Pulled the forrest fire off the plug trying to position it, so have left the original on the green Digi base and see what happens. The new frag is on the left rock now

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I'm at a loss what has happened here. PArameters seem fine, and the corals were alive yesterday. Today all bleached completely?

Nitrates 5ppm

Phosphates 0.1ppm

Ammonia 0ppm

Temp: 25.5C (78)

Salinity 1.023

Kits are in date

• Sad 2

Happy belated birthday! 🙂

Your nitrates and phosphates aren't too bad - have you checked the Ca, Mg & kH levels yet?

Did you acclimate the pieces to your lighting?

Also, any PE on any of the pieces by any chance? If there's even the slightest PE despite the pale colors, they can still make a comeback under the right conditions. But if it's purely white skeleton, then the pieces are lost. 😞

21 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Happy belated birthday! 🙂

Your nitrates and phosphates aren't too bad - have you checked the Ca, Mg & kH levels yet?

Did you acclimate the pieces to your lighting?

Also, any PE on any of the pieces by any chance? If there's even the slightest PE despite the pale colors, they can still make a comeback under the right conditions. But if it's purely white skeleton, then the pieces are lost. 😞

Thank you

I'm waiting on the Hanna Checkers to arrive (birthday gift) and test kits for the others. 

The lighting is in acclimation mode so is under 5% on both channels for the time being, I learned my lesson on that last time around. 

No PE at all on any of the pieces, they're whiter than my sandbed 😞

I have spoken to the guy that gave me the pieces and will try again when the new frags have healed so in roughly 5 weeks time

Maybe shipping stress?

The light is still the asta right?

I wouldn't expect overnight bleaching from that light, I don't even know if it can do that to sps..

My only guesses would be looking at temperature swings, rtn from alk swings or shipping stress, maybe from stray current or copper/something else contamination?

I really don't know, I've been mostly lucky shipping wise, but this last round all three monti's started to bleach and stn after I got them and it was touch and go for a while... 

1 hour ago, A.m.P said:

Maybe shipping stress?

The light is still the asta right?

I wouldn't expect overnight bleaching from that light, I don't even know if it can do that to sps..

My only guesses would be looking at temperature swings, rtn from alk swings or shipping stress, maybe from stray current or copper/something else contamination?

I really don't know, I've been mostly lucky shipping wise, but this last round all three monti's started to bleach and stn after I got them and it was touch and go for a while... 

I collected them myself, placed in coral cup holders and kept the car in the same temp range (well actually warmer) as the tanks. Its the 4 days of perfect PE and look like they're settling in the day 5 dead white sticks

Kessil A80 is the light on this.

• Sad 2

Jeez that's bizarre, the A80 should be fine on shallow tanks and isn't what most would call "too strong" for much of anything... Did the temp in the house or the tank change at all?

Sorry for confusing the background info of your system, have another sinus infection and I may as well be blowing my brains out my nose with how ditzy I've been.

• Haha 1