Top Shelf Aquatics

Twin Desktop Pico's

Ratvan

10 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I think "live" would be a stretch, it's been cycled and in Heated moving water since April of this year

Sounds live enough to me haha !

• Like 2

Ok so once I have been refunded for the bag of salt that ended up being delivered and was split and spilt all in the box I plan to dump a few more corals into here, thinking i might just get a variety pack and be done with it, this is looking promising

130701954_IndoZoaPack.jpg.aaccded7e2c9380fc33383b67b6b25ae.jpg

4 2" Discs, each disc has 10+ heads of random zoas

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Those look great! I can not believe the deals you can get. I would be lucky to get 2 plugs with 5 polyps each of zoa's that pretty.

Thanks, yeah they do pop up now and again, just have to keep looking and asking around. Now if i can find a bargain on the two snails i want...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Thanks, yeah they do pop up now and again, just have to keep looking and asking around. Now if i can find a bargain on the two snails i want...

sorry to keep sending you in one direction, but last time I was in CellarMarine, their snail stock was good 👍

• Like 1
Snow_Phoenix
2 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Ok so once I have been refunded for the bag of salt that ended up being delivered and was split and spilt all in the box I plan to dump a few more corals into here, thinking i might just get a variety pack and be done with it, this is looking promising

130701954_IndoZoaPack.jpg.aaccded7e2c9380fc33383b67b6b25ae.jpg

4 2" Discs, each disc has 10+ heads of random zoas

I used to have the same zoas as the one depicted in the lower right corner. Zoa pox killed it. 😞

Haven't been able to find the exact same ones since. Still looking.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I used to have the same zoas as the one depicted in the lower right corner. Zoa pox killed it. 😞

Haven't been able to find the exact same ones since. Still looking.

I thought you'd appreciate the pack 😄

They have an Indo Mushroom pack that is pretty too

They are my favourite online shop mainly because in most cases towards the arrival of a new batch they just try and clear the existing stock, also they seem quite accurate when it comes to the origin of the coral (i.e. Indo, Fiji, Aussie etc)

• Like 4
Snow_Phoenix
19 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I thought you'd appreciate the pack 😄

They have an Indo Mushroom pack that is pretty too

They are my favourite online shop mainly because in most cases towards the arrival of a new batch they just try and clear the existing stock, also they seem quite accurate when it comes to the origin of the coral (i.e. Indo, Fiji, Aussie etc)

I admit I've seen some of those morphs several times - except the one I lost. It is pretty common here. 🙂

The mushroom pack must have been awesome - was it affordable? Why not pick that one up too? Shrooms are much easier to keep than zoas, IMO. 🙂

• Like 1
Just now, Snow_Phoenix said:

I admit I've seen some of those morphs several times - except the one I lost. It is pretty common here. 🙂

The mushroom pack must have been awesome - was it affordable? Why not pick that one up too? Shrooms are much easier to keep than zoas, IMO. 🙂

Yeah 40 for 1 Rhodactus and 3x Discosoma. One or the other so going Zoas

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, afcajax73 said:

I could probably nip over to Cellar and try post them up but not sure how they'd do in the post?? 

Last year I ordered from White Corals in Germany, 3 days in post and they arrived fine if a little sleepy at first. But again shipping. Should be fine overnight I reckon, willing to give it a go on payday if I can't steal a couple from reefers tanks nearby

2 hours ago, afcajax73 said:

I could probably nip over to Cellar and try post them up but not sure how they'd do in the post?? 

Oh yeah they would be fine in an overnighter. I would wap a pocket warmer in (or for fun a white hot BBQ brick....🤣) to be safe...

• Haha 2

So the tank is still in the uglies, although the diatoms do seem to be receding. And yes the FW is still here, i had sold it but the guy has never collected so 🤷‍♂️ back up for sale if anyone interested?

IMG_20201013_094128.thumb.jpg.cd4f69c14f82ce41745b244475214155.jpg

The Coke bottle is my ATO Reservoir (manual top offs of treated tap water) usually lasts approximately 10 days to 2 weeks depending on evaporation

The clowns are doing well, and have been keeping an area of the back wall clear of algae growth which is interesting. I have seen the submissive shake several times now and Hantu must eat first (leaving Puaka sat at bottom of tank until done, or if Hantu misses a pellet)

IMG_20201002_131830_resized_20201002_012020951.thumb.jpg.140c6a6b150631583956704b3ef737cc.jpg

• Like 3

So it seems that the Diatoms reached their peak yesterday, today things look a little less brown and a little more green

IMG_20201014_123438.thumb.jpg.afe6dfaf7b9a5812aab03d33c6369506.jpg

Close up of the GHA that is forming

IMG_20201014_123422.thumb.jpg.f3562046335a4a652e8ad9b1a089c3ed.jpg

Also seem to be having a Bacterial bloom this morning which is new

• Like 3