Coral Vue Hydros

Is anyone else unable to log into Bluefish Controller?

madadium

I managed to get a hold of him to get a replacement driver for my hybrid back in April.  But the uncertainty for any further support from Dave leaves me weary.....

2 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

@Matteo built his own nanobox hybrid, maybe he has some pointers he can share?  I’m rebuilding mine, but it’s very slow going with a 3-year old demanding all attentions in the house (read: haven’t even started after the tear down).  I think I remember replying to your thread recently.

Turning off? I have no idea honestly. take out the imp card and place it back in and make sure your wifi isn't going out. Also are you using a custom time setting?

SpencerShepard

The graph display issue should be fixed now.  If it's still not working for you, please shoot me an email.

11 hours ago, madadium said:

Hopefully @DaveFason can chime in on this too. His lights depend on proper support for the Bluefish Controller. The app hasn't been updated in years.

I hate the feeling of having the health and safety of my reef dependent on a controller that doesn't seem to be supported anymore. One day it's just gonna crap out and all of us nanobox users are gonna be scrambling to save our investments.

Edit: it seems like some of you already have lights that can't be used because of this issue. This is terrifying!

This is simply not true.  Bluefish is still very much supported, and will continue to be supported into the future. Bluefish uses a web app, which allows me to keep it up to date without the long process of Android/iOS app releases. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, SpencerShepard said:

The graph display issue should be fixed now.  If it's still not working for you, please shoot me an email.

This is simply not true.  Bluefish is still very much supported, and will continue to be supported into the future. Bluefish uses a web app, which allows me to keep it up to date without the long process of Android/iOS app releases. 

Thank you Spencer I stand corrected. I will check the graph once I get home.

Edit: I can confirm my graph is now working and am having no issues logging on. Thanks for fixing this.

• 2 weeks later...
Kellie in CA

Came home and light is off... box is flashing red. Internet is fine. 

Anyone else having issues?

EDIT: just notice the box on the power adapter is blinking blue. What does this mean? 

I would probably first try to replace the plug from the wall to the power adapter box. I say that because lots of things use that same plug. I had an issue with one of my plugs on a nanobox, something inside broke/melted at almost random and I had to replace it. Cheap/easy fix at least.

It is supposed to be solid blue. It might be shorting out?

1 hour ago, Kellie in CA said:

Came home and light is off... box is flashing red. Internet is fine. 

Anyone else having issues?

EDIT: just notice the box on the power adapter is blinking blue. What does this mean? 

Kellie in CA
2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

I would probably first try to replace the plug from the wall to the power adapter box. I say that because lots of things use that same plug. I had an issue with one of my plugs on a nanobox, something inside broke/melted at almost random and I had to replace it. Cheap/easy fix at least.

It is supposed to be solid blue. It might be shorting out?

Thank you, I’m thinking the power supply might be bad. I’ve checked every device in the house and don’t have another 48 volt. The stores all closed early due to Covid. So, I guess I’ll have to try to put my old Tide on. 

14 hours ago, Kellie in CA said:

Thank you, I’m thinking the power supply might be bad. I’ve checked every device in the house and don’t have another 48 volt. The stores all closed early due to Covid. So, I guess I’ll have to try to put my old Tide on. 

I meant to try and replace just the cable going to the power supply. 

Pretty sure PCs use this exact same cable going to the power supply behind them. 

MVIMG_20200721_112619.jpg

Kellie in CA
7 hours ago, Tamberav said:

I meant to try and replace just the cable going to the power supply. 

Pretty sure PCs use this exact same cable going to the power supply behind them. 

MVIMG_20200721_112619.jpg

Thanks for the help.  🙂  I switched out the cord today and unfortunately that wasn’t it.

I have a new power adapter on the way. I found an exact match on Amazon for a great price. It was supposed to deliver today... but OF COURSE there was a UPS delay. Hopefully this will be back up and running soon. 

• Like 1
Kellie in CA

Yay! New AC/DC adapter fixed it! 

If anyone else has this issue (blue blinking light on power brick and inside Bluefish) you can get the YU4802 adapter for under $25 on Amazon. 48V are not real easy to find, at least not in a hurry!  

I would recommend grabbing one as a spare because this seems to be a common issue. 

EDIT: Just to clarify, this is for the Duo or larger. 

• Like 3
  • 4 months later...
On 12/18/2020 at 5:49 PM, SpencerShepard said:

Looking into a server issue now.

What keeps happening to the server? I’m sure people would be happy to pay you a monthly fee to stay on top of this. Most of our tanks are $500+++ investments... 

• 2 months later...

@SpencerShepard or anyone that can help. I have an older Nanobox Tide that I have tried resetting multiple times. When I plug it all in, all the lights come on briefly, but then only the blue lights remain on regardless of which set of pins I use. When I reblinkup, the imp card flashes like it recognizes that it’s connected, however, I cannot control anything with the app. Even turning ALL the lights to 0 does not change anything on the light. I’m out of ideas to troubleshoot this problem and I don’t have the ability to buy new lighting at the moment.

Thank you

SpencerShepard
40 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

@SpencerShepard or anyone that can help. I have an older Nanobox Tide that I have tried resetting multiple times. When I plug it all in, all the lights come on briefly, but then only the blue lights remain on regardless of which set of pins I use. When I reblinkup, the imp card flashes like it recognizes that it’s connected, however, I cannot control anything with the app. Even turning ALL the lights to 0 does not change anything on the light. I’m out of ideas to troubleshoot this problem and I don’t have the ability to buy new lighting at the moment.

Thank you

What happens if you remove the controller from the light?