Coral Vue Hydros

Mitten_reef’s WB55.2

mitten_reef

12 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

I am amazed by your scape every time I look at it 

I'm annoyed by it, cuz I'm struggling to bring it to its full potential, lol.  I probably need to start to spend some money on corals....

• Haha 1
On 8/22/2022 at 7:44 PM, mitten_reef said:

The colors are kinda meh, but sure love the growth structure of this “tabling”acro.  I’ve always wanted one, and this one did not disappoint. 

FB292798-EF07-49DA-84D5-6B839E570ECF.thumb.jpeg.bb692e654941bed7972ab322a5a1b11c.jpeg

Sorry, I'm sure you've answered elsewhere - but do you have an ID or know where to get a frag of this guy?

14 hours ago, Looselyhuman said:

Sorry, I'm sure you've answered elsewhere - but do you have an ID or know where to get a frag of this guy?

Hey, thanks for stopping by. 

that one is called BC aquatic-man, and I bought it from farmertyfrags.  Mine is the exact frag featured as the stock photo on his website. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey @seabass is that tag sufficient to signify the enrollment?

I'll be posting later...

Current status:

tbh, the tank is in a great shape right now in both growth and colors.  But the frags really need to start migrating from the rack on to the scape. 

"reno" to-do list:

• potentially going bare bottom
  • mount at least two new frags onto the scape
  •  
  • TBD

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Hey @seabass is that tag sufficient to signify the enrollment?

If you could please, add a dash; it should be nano-reno so that a tag search will include your thread.  Thanks, I'm glad that you are participating. :smilie:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Did some trimming last wknd, tried to put them up on local reefing group on fb

DEA56433-5E08-4F3D-82C7-5491D4E17AF5.thumb.jpeg.d22776893cbbc35419d6517e707f9069.jpeg

and also added four new acro frags into the tank for the first time in probably over a year….from @pokerdobe. They’re just kinda toss in among the frags I made

9FFBDC12-B739-41D9-8C36-C5B463A76943.thumb.jpeg.cc6e84a74be8160e3882231907937edb.jpeg
A82D2BE9-62EF-49DE-A528-E99AABEE6677.thumb.jpeg.fa85f76386ca4ec2cce1d95718d43b34.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow 2
2 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Oh wow,what is that pure blue piece in the last pick to the left ? 

It’s a random tenuis I picked up at LFS a while back.  Grew a bunch and cut a bunch toward the end of the old tank. It finally started to grow again in this system. But it’s heading out to @pokerdobe for some growout and hopefully coloring up some more 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SPS are still looking really nice! As I said before, makes me want to add more SPS again. Maybe I'll do some re-scaping this weekend to make some room. Thanks a lot, like I really need to spend any more money, but I would sure like to add some smooth skins. Why are you keeping some of the new pieces on the frag rack? Do you get less light on the edges of your tank and just acclimating?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, tmc1313 said:

SPS are still looking really nice! As I said before, makes me want to add more SPS again. Maybe I'll do some re-scaping this weekend to make some room. Thanks a lot, like I really need to spend any more money, but I would sure like to add some smooth skins. Why are you keeping some of the new pieces on the frag rack? Do you get less light on the edges of your tank and just acclimating?

No, nothing related to acclimation per se. 

The thought is that the left side, smaller rack, is for my own personal growout pieces and/or observation, while I'm deciding where they're going on the main scape.  some of these frags have stalled out for so long, that I'm just waiting for them to come back to life.  For example, the two purplish-gray frags (same coral, FarmerTy's eternal flame) and the OT are still in that hibernating mood since their arrival over a year ago. The SSC and SCOP sprung back to life a little bit sooner and took off.  The right rack is currently 90% frags that need to be sold to locals or LFS or ship out on a trade.  I still need to rearrange them slightly to reflect what I just described.   

I have also been debating "strategically" breaking up the main branch into 3 large chunks for easier maintenance before I plant more corals on to it - I think it's my BIGGEST goal of the nano-reno - may or may not get there.  you don't see it, but I have a not-so-small issue with bubble algae brewing in the tank.  If I can manage to get to most of the bubble algae that I have now without breaking it up, it'd be great - but I'd still like to be able to easily manage it in the future, so we'll see.  

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

So November has been rather non-active with the tank so far, went on a work trip on the first full wk of Nov, then just got back from 10-days trip to the most Magical Place on earth.  Suffice to say, I have no money left for all the BF deals, 😅 

but everything is still doing well despite the two big trips. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 10:14 PM, spectra said:

photoshopped...................... :whoa:

if you don’t photoshop, are you even trying?  Corals don’t have these colors, 🤣

10 hours ago, joshthebox said:

That table is getting massive!! Beautiful. 

Thanks!  I really love the growth spurt so far.  

10 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Grow table,growwww !!! Looking pretty jam up there Mittencakes. 

Thanks!  Def starting to see some space disappearing!! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

lol, Was looking at @Variant's thread, and he has almost the same acros lineup, BC aquaticman, Paletta pink tip, Tyree superman tenuis (altho mine is unknown source, but very similar to it), and SSC.  

Here's hoping mine will catch up in growth - if you're not following his build, go follow.  

• Like 2
  • mitten_reef changed the title to Mitten_reef’s WB55.2