inTank Media Baskets

mylertitchell

mylertitchell
6 hours ago, Murphych said:

How you finding it? I love mine 

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bumblebee-reef-75g-30g-36lx20wx24h.797036/

sorry that grey square was supposed to be the new build thread. yeah really happy with it. The way it’s glued together is beautiful  no silicone at all. Background totally hidden when water and lights on. I cut ato res out too it gave me some confidence on build quality. Was some work getting it out.I built a custom cabinet and canopy. Wasn’t that happy with there stand tbh. 

Murphs_Reef
14 minutes ago, mylertitchell said:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bumblebee-reef-75g-30g-36lx20wx24h.797036/

sorry that grey square was supposed to be the new build thread. yeah really happy with it. The way it’s glued together is beautiful  no silicone at all. Background totally hidden when water and lights on. I cut ato res out too it gave me some confidence on build quality. Was some work getting it out.I built a custom cabinet and canopy. Wasn’t that happy with there stand tbh. 

That's the same stand as mine. I think the stand was ace but a few minor bubbles in the silicone. I'm not bothered about it but it's in the front bottom so you can see the light reflect on them... 

mylertitchell
38 minutes ago, Murphych said:

That's the same stand as mine. I think the stand was ace but a few minor bubbles in the silicone. I'm not bothered about it but it's in the front bottom so you can see the light reflect on them... 

how have you found the plumbing? the return I ended up replacing and getting rid of the threaded screw on hose tail. Mine was cracked and when replaced it, I snapped it when tightening so just changed to same bulk head as others. 

Murphs_Reef

Yeah the plumbing was fine the value is too tight to get the flow in and out balanced right so I end up with a constant trickle down the emergency pipe though..

The only grumble I had was the bubbles in the silicone.. wish I seen it in the shop but missed it. 

Stunning tank. I have 2 AI prime 16hd and a DD jump guard over the top so looks clean as fu.ck 

Will have to check your build thread out, I'm still pissin around with flow cause the weir is so deep into the tank it makes some good dead spots 

My build thread here https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/418257-reefspace-900-mixed-reef/

mylertitchell
2 hours ago, Murphych said:

Yeah the plumbing was fine the value is too tight to get the flow in and out balanced right so I end up with a constant trickle down the emergency pipe though..

The only grumble I had was the bubbles in the silicone.. wish I seen it in the shop but missed it. 

Stunning tank. I have 2 AI prime 16hd and a DD jump guard over the top so looks clean as fu.ck 

Will have to check your build thread out, I'm still pissin around with flow cause the weir is so deep into the tank it makes some good dead spots 

My build thread here https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/418257-reefspace-900-mixed-reef/

Will look at yours. Yes but skim from overflow not bad if quiet as that will skim water surface. I have noted that may upgrade to a gate valve already so I’m with u. Very hard to dial in. I have quite flex in dual pumps so cud higher/lower them to balance too. Running valve say 2oclock. Primary at 3x and secondary at 1x. Im balanced but may do gate valve and bring water say 5mm lower. 

Murphs_Reef
On 4/20/2021 at 10:41 PM, mylertitchell said:

Will look at yours. Yes but skim from overflow not bad if quiet as that will skim water surface. I have noted that may upgrade to a gate valve already so I’m with u. Very hard to dial in. I have quite flex in dual pumps so cud higher/lower them to balance too. Running valve say 2oclock. Primary at 3x and secondary at 1x. Im balanced but may do gate valve and bring water say 5mm lower. 

Yeah my water is running quite high, maybe too high for my liking.. it would be good to bring down a little. 

My value is set to around 2 o'clock as well and the TMC reef pump return around 13 if the sock is clean and 12/11 when it's starting the get dirty. I tried for hours to balance with the valve and ended up just adjusting the pump speed every other day, which is less than ideal if I'm honest

mylertitchell
On 4/23/2021 at 12:38 PM, Murphych said:

Yeah my water is running quite high, maybe too high for my liking.. it would be good to bring down a little. 

My value is set to around 2 o'clock as well and the TMC reef pump return around 13 if the sock is clean and 12/11 when it's starting the get dirty. I tried for hours to balance with the valve and ended up just adjusting the pump speed every other day, which is less than ideal if I'm honest

£30-40 to get the 25mm gate valve on charterhouse. thats where i cud end up. plastic-kote the valve yellow lol. but for now its set its 100%, but few mm lower wud make me happy but i have a filter roller due to arrive that cud change things, I cud see gate valve happening this year. but soo much to buy it not my priority yet, maybe buy it when next buy salt lol

• Like 1