NoOneLikesADryTang

Two Tanks, One Thread - Found Eunice Worm

NoOneLikesADryTang
50 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Good luck with your new fish. It is beautiful 

Thanks Deb! It is really pretty - as far as I can tell, it's transitioning in to a male (which get absolutely stunning once, they're fully male). Our local club president is one of the foremost experts on wrasses, so I'll get his thoughts on it the next I talk to him, to verify my suspicion. 

• Like 2

NoOneLikesADryTang

After letting this tank sit fallow for a few months, we’ve slowly started adding some coral. Just a couple zoa varieties and an Alveopora that I traded a buddy for, for a couple zoa frags. 

Here’s a quick shot I got when I happened to be next to Calcium, today and Harry Crabbick Junior was out. I think he was scoping out his next meal, and I interrupted that. 

54C2A3CB-8C58-455F-929A-CBA69055B70C.thumb.jpeg.93522418efae63839bc2725dcd7e5c29.jpeg

We’ve also added a few more Molly’s to the tank, and they are having babies. Apparently Martin Gaye plays when no one is home, in our element room. (Get it, Mercury and Calcium are our tanks names?!) I think the fish may be getting more lovin’ than anyone else in the house... Unless of course you count the tank keepers teenage son’s *ahem* self love

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

spectra

Um.......................Martin......................... :unsure: now if were talking Marvin Gaye I can see that.......................you drinking....................... :wink: I am and and think I figured it out.................. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

NoOneLikesADryTang
12 minutes ago, spectra said:

Um.......................Martin......................... :unsure: now if were talking Marvin Gaye I can see that.......................you drinking....................... :wink: I am and and think I figured it out.................. :biggrin:

You’ve never heard of his less sexy, can’t sing as well brother, Martin? The Molly’s don’t seem to mind. lol

I wish I could blame it on the booze... Sadly, it’s the damn iPad autocorrect. 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dirté Sanchez
3 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

You’ve never heard of his less sexy, can’t sing as well, Martin? The Molly’s don’t seem to mind. lol

I wish I could blame it on the booze... Sadly, it’s the damn iPad autocorrect. 😂😂😂

See that autocorrect thing is out to get us. It says all kinds of stuff I never intend, too!! 

NoOneLikesADryTang

Nothing like waiting until the last minute... Without further ado, it’s full tank shot Friday! 

July’s full tank shots: 

1EFFBE70-1C37-4D4F-BD22-9427585393B4.thumb.jpeg.5855b3c5a4fc5f32176005b5ad4bc42e.jpeg

DACB151E-C212-4642-9866-0B9EF9DB1618.jpeg.74683b4a499c587258de7f7fa83cfb32.jpeg

We haven’t been able to get any good shots of the baby Molly’s, but we’ll keep trying. They’re very small (a little smaller than a Tic Tac), and I’m sure make a delicious snack for gorilla crabs. 

• Like 4

NoOneLikesADryTang

Just a couple quick shots I took last night of Mercury, and the bubble tips. We’ve got three that really enjoy cuddling with each other, and one giant one that I wish would split. The rainbow (orange one) did a stroll through the whole tank last weekend, before deciding the water isn’t bluer on the other side of the tank, and cuddling back up with its friends. 

23D782F4-B3CE-4DB5-AA69-C786EB08EA9D.thumb.jpeg.a4ac048a5a1f2ef85378aaa323dcc6c9.jpeg

I’ve had to move a couple corals, because the giant BTA, was stinging them to death. It’s a beautiful species, but we’re losing about a 1/3 of the tank space because of these bubble tips. The clownfish sure love then though. 

7F42DCBB-661B-4E75-8E98-6612F2506484.thumb.jpeg.39c184c242abb44e23758b10f4bab825.jpeg

I may need to step up my game and try to talk @EfrainChicagoDeepdish in to setting up a bubble tip/clownfish tank. I’m guessing it’s more likely we’d see snow falling out of our window in July, before I could talk her in to a fifth tank. 

Also, here’s a side shot, because well, who doesn’t love a little side boob?! 

99B2CE47-E372-4DAB-AA11-404A1734F46E.thumb.jpeg.97c2491ba7ef690653a887dc0a212ab0.jpeg

• Like 4