ef4life

Jared’s 5g 365 aio challenge build.

NoOneLikesADryTang

We had to rehome ours, because he liked munching on SPS polyps. He ate frozen also, but just couldn’t give up that sweet, sweet hit of polyp. 

• Sad 1

ef4life
24 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

We had to rehome ours, because he liked munching on SPS polyps. He ate frozen also, but just couldn’t give up that sweet, sweet hit of polyp. 

Hopefully mine won’t. If he does I’ll have to throw him in the frag tank which is mostly zoas. 

Speaking of sps, the big chunk of acro I put in is looking great, it’s getting a nice dark purple color, The myagi tort is doing really well and the polyps are really showing good extension lately and slowly encrusting out its base. The pc rainbow lost its pink color and the tips have started dying, if it starts getting worse I’ll have to pull it out. Not sure what happened there if it was too much light with the added reef brite strip, or it might be a spike in alkalinity, I increased the all for reef dose recently, but I cut it back down once I seen the white tips. Maybe nitrate issue

I ran out of my Red Sea nitrate test kit, so I tried a salifert. Way different readings. Red Sea was always at or near zero, the salifert is showing like 25+. I bought a nyos now and will be comparing them on Saturday.

• Like 1

ef4life

Top down video 

• Like 3

debbeach13

Looks really good. 

ef4life
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

Looks really good. 

Thank you 

ef4life

Uhhhh - feeding time tonight and the blenny is nowhere to be found. I’ve been keeping the screen top on ever since I lost Newman. I finally found him hiding out in the back chamber by the pump. I definitely stressed him and myself trying to get him out safely since those chambers are so small. The net I have won’t fit. I ended up draining the chambers and guiding him into one of my urine sample cups I use for frags, he wasn’t happy though. 

there is a gap in the screen over the rear chamber wall so I’m going to have to figure something out to block that off and keep it from happening again. 

• Sad 2

ECLS Reefer
7 minutes ago, ef4life said:

Uhhhh - feeding time tonight and the blenny is nowhere to be found. I’ve been keeping the screen top on ever since I lost Newman. I finally found him hiding out in the back chamber by the pump. I definitely stressed him and myself trying to get him out safely since those chambers are so small. The net I have won’t fit. I ended up draining the chambers and guiding him into one of my urine sample cups I use for frags, he wasn’t happy though. 

there is a gap in the screen over the rear chamber wall so I’m going to have to figure something out to block that off and keep it from happening again. 

Poor little dude! My tank kit came with a cover for the AIO, but the tank lid itself always had gaps so I fixed that with split tubing around the rim. Haven’t had a jumper, thankfully.

• Like 2

Elizabeth94
21 minutes ago, ef4life said:

there is a gap in the screen over the rear chamber wall so I’m going to have to figure something out to block that off and keep it from happening again

I have this exact same issue with my tank. I went about a year with fish in the system and suddenly it happened with two different fish within a two or three week window. Was almost impossible to get the fish out. One stayed there for about a week until I was successful. 

One of my gobies must have post traumatic

stress disorder now because of it. Zips around the tank like a maniac every day since. Poor thing. 

So frustrating I feel your pain!

• Like 1

ef4life

Little yeller loves hanging out in his acro. 
45E7D9C8-EF5C-4035-8C61-138DE44B158B.thumb.jpeg.c2a90c08c93289e9ec5a0a2e6a206f85.jpeg

and Steve still spends a lot of time in his hole. After yesterday’s adventure he seems ok and back to his normal self.

617F1298-0D61-4297-8AC9-D044E56EEF52.thumb.jpeg.fdd10f8103c307ec08b15b0d497e425d.jpeg

and my quick fix today was some scrap closed cell foam on the travertine wall and overflow. Today I’m going to make it a little neater and glue it down and have a removable piece I can stick on top the overflow teeth.

558C25B6-065D-4849-B167-C880D361A257.thumb.jpeg.17525dd6c6c4fd4be96e8447beef0f3f.jpeg

• Like 2