ReefCleaners.org

Proxo 140L Custom Aquarium.

Proxo

I'm still alive guys, just the weather has been so nice in england i aint been able to cut the wood as the shed is jam packed to the door lmao.
But i've started making the extra support for the work top, honestly don't think it needed it when you see what some tanks come on but better safe than sorry.

I still need to send off a design of the overflow box for a price at an acrylic shop, going to get them to 'weld' the front up as they'll do a better job and i'll do the bits you can't see ๐Ÿ˜„

I've completely neglected my evo 13.5 as it's on the floor and i've had insane coral growth lol, apart from a acan bowerbanki looking rough...ย i lost a few mushrooms, they floated about for a while, think aptasia threw it off the rock.. thing was a beast, used that aptasia x and it kind of popped and smoke came out of it ๐Ÿ˜„

I'm currently trying to catch a bristleworm for you guys to ID, it's massive... if it's a good one he'll be going in the main tank ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

• Like 1

I got this far and the drill battery ran out so i got some beer, it's early i know don't judge me.
Basically, there's a white top going on like the one on the left (if you've seen my evo build you'll know i'm just changing under!

Just gonna have 2 of these and then cross brace it, should be more than enough... i'll MDF the bottom and throw a lot of paint on it for the sump.
I didn't plan on keeping the drawers but the side panel is a nice finish so i've less room to work with now but should manage, worse comes to worseย 
i've got the left side under the computer desk..

P_20191210_094446.jpg

• Like 2
On 12/10/2019 at 3:31 AM, Proxo said:

I'm still alive guys, just the weather has been so nice in england i aint been able to cut the wood as the shed is jam packed to the door lmao.
But i've started making the extra support for the work top, honestly don't think it needed it when you see what some tanks come on but better safe than sorry.

I still need to send off a design of the overflow box for a price at an acrylic shop, going to get them to 'weld' the front up as they'll do a better job and i'll do the bits you can't see ๐Ÿ˜„

I've completely neglected my evo 13.5 as it's on the floor and i've had insane coral growth lol, apart from a acan bowerbanki looking rough...ย i lost a few mushrooms, they floated about for a while, think aptasia threw it off the rock.. thing was a beast, used that aptasia x and it kind of popped and smoke came out of it ๐Ÿ˜„

I'm currently trying to catch a bristleworm for you guys to ID, it's massive... if it's a good one he'll be going in the main tank ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

Bristleworms are honestly a great CUC ๐Ÿ™„

ย 

but...ย 

ย 

Dem bitches nasty looking...ย 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Matteo said:

Bristleworms are honestly a great CUC ๐Ÿ™„

ย 

but...ย 

ย 

Dem bitches nasty looking...ย 

Yeah man they scare the sheet out of me!
Not 100% it's a common bristle though so need to catch him first.

Here's some updates;
I'm going to get some white wood as a front panel, maybe with them magnet things to clip it on and off.
Might cut a window in it and acrylic so i can see the sump ๐Ÿ˜„
ย 

P_20191212_135601.jpg

• Like 2

That skirting board is messing up my space lmao, it's water pipes - if it was my house i'd be plumbing that so i've got water for the RODI haha!
Just got some white wood panels for the bottom and need to paint the 'legs' then it's planning the underneath!

I've been trying to figure out how i want it but it's stressing me out, i wanted to have a mixing station under there too but i don't think i've got the room.
Was planning for 3 'sumps' 1 been RODI water, 1 been SALT MIXED water, 1 been SUMP.

plumb them together with a pump in each, switch pump on to move water 1 to the other.
Think it's a must for me because my main reason i neglect my evo sometimes is waiting for water to mix and when it's mixed i'm either too busy or too drunk to do the change.
Be nice to have it ready for when you're in the mood to do it.

So that's the info so far, anyone got some stocking ideas? ๐Ÿ˜„
I currently have 2 clowns 1 royal gramma, 1 emerald crab, 1 XL blue leg crab (other died, left his shell for some reason) and your odds and sods snails/hermits.

• Like 2

Well i was gonna go for the 'show' sump but seen as i'm now on a budget, it'll be a meh - you wont see it anyway
if i ever move and its in living room, i'll be changing that to a show nice lmao.

• Like 1

When you try and cut corners to speed the process up and then cutting corners fails you lmao.
Knew i should of waited to fit this part before i did the stand but i couldn't get to the shop and just wanted it done :(.

Think i'll rip it all apart and make some room in the shed so i can actually do it properly, seen as it's christmas i won't be able to get the rest anyway.

P_20191221_142730.jpg

• Like 2

ยฃ70 the shop is wanting to cut teeth in acrylic and make a 16inch by 3inch box 'glued/welded' stupid price, i'm either going the route of doing it myself or
a gamer friend i've known for a while in america will buy and ship me one (doing it direct the shipping was 80dollar, it's like 10 if he does it).

It's a risk sending such money to somebody but, i think i can trust him - i've bought him games in the past saying don't pay me back when he's in a toughย point and when
he's good, he randomly sends it.

That's the update, i've got some pics on the old evo thats still running, neglected has given me super grwoth in coral but some snail deaths (unsure if due to neglect)
i'll post them in my evo topic in few days.

MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU FILTHY ANIMALS.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok the christmas/new yearย  drinking is over - poor evo hasn't had a water change in 3week ๐Ÿ˜•ย - ain't fed much either tho so ah idk lol, i know im bad.
It's on the floor so it's so damn hard to water change, might move it into the kitchen or something for now, as i don't see this 140 getting set up any time soon.

I'm not really willing to pay ยฃ70 for them to cut some teeth into acrylic and glue 4 pieces together - my guess is the cutting is upped the price
But ideally i'd need a smooth cut so algae doesn't grow and clog up the teeth.

Emailed a few murican overflow box sales on a rough shipping price, might be cheaper but still waiting on answers.
Unless one of you fine ladies or gentleman can help out? (Oh sorry, not allowed to say ladies and gentleman anymore LOL).

But if you managed to read through the none progress report, you've made it to the progress.
Just bought 15kg of real reef rock, wasn't cheap but due to christmas sale my next order should save me up to ยฃ40.

I ended up with a lot of rumble, 4 decent sized pieces but not much shape on them but i've not tried 'putting them together' yet, 2 'branch' and 1 plate the size of a UFO.

As my whole family says i should drink less i ended up with a lot of vouchers for maidenhead (LFS) @Ratvan, might be a tip for you next year haha!!

Also why don't people use sumps to store new coralย quarantine? I know it's not as effective but, the chances of anything spreading to the main tank is slime?
If you can't have aย quarantine tank that is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quick question, i know alot of people use "eggcrate" aka light diffuser to support rocks, what about acrylic? Then you can actually clean the sand easier too?

15 minutes ago, Proxo said:

Quick question, i know alot of people use "eggcrate" aka light diffuser to support rocks, what about acrylic? Then you can actually clean the sand easier too?

I've seen aย  lot of people create rockwork with clear acrylic rods. Like Bonsai tree's and floating scapes etc

Yeah, this rock is pretty heavy... Was thinking of gluing some pvc pipe to some thin acrylic and then drilling hole in bottom of the rock to slot onto it, the sand should help hold it down
as it'll be spread over the acrylic.

• Like 1

Boom ting, few hours later, few times gluing myself to the rocks and knocking over a full bottle of aiptasia-xย and i've managed to turn about 12 rocks into this.
I'm unsure on the right side, the big red rock above the 2 pvc pipes so i've not glued that together but it might look different in the tank itself.
I'd of preferred like another 'island' but i don't think one would fit as the tank is about the size of that wood the rocks are sitting on.

I've still got MASSIVE branch and a 'plate rock' that would be mistaken for a UFO if i threw it ๐Ÿ˜„

P_20200114_195414.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Proxo said:

Boom ting, few hours later, few times gluing myself to the rocks and knocking over a full bottle of aiptasia-xย and i've managed to turn about 12 rocks into this.
I'm unsure on the right side, the big red rock above the 2 pvc pipes so i've not glued that together but it might look different in the tank itself.
I'd of preferred like another 'island' but i don't think one would fit as the tank is about the size of that wood the rocks are sitting on.

I've still got MASSIVE branch and a 'plate rock' that would be mistaken for a UFO if i threw it ๐Ÿ˜„

P_20200114_195414.jpg

I like the left a lot, feel like the right is missing something. Not sure what.ย 

ย 

How big a branch?ย 

Yeah mate, exactly how i feelย - i'll be able to add more and details once it's in the tank, think it needs a bit of height.
Here's the branch left over, i personally think it's too big and looks more like a fake ornament, i might chop the 'extentions' off and stick them somewhere.

ย 

P_20200115_175034.jpg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Proxo said:

Yeah mate, exactly how i feelย - i'll be able to add more and details once it's in the tank, think it needs a bit of height.
Here's the branch left over, i personally think it's too big and looks more like a fake ornament, i might chop the 'extentions' off and stick them somewhere.

ย 

P_20200115_175034.jpg

Burry the big branch somewhat in the sand and use it as a base rock to lift the nicer pieces up a bit. Should also cause some nice cave works and cranniesย 

• Like 2

Not a bad idea ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks.

With a bit of luck the tank should be up and cycling in next month, i bought it in October ๐Ÿ˜•ย lol.
I've had enough of overflow box hunting and receiving stupid prices for a acrylic shop to make one, they wanted ยฃ17 to ship it too.
Spent less on postage from china and that's a different country lol.

So i shall be attempting it myself, prepare for leaks ๐Ÿ˜„

• Haha 2

Sweet jebus, almost smashed the tank - was lifting the rock in and it just split in half and it didn't even split where i glued it ๐Ÿ˜•
Well my glue joints are stronger than rock itself lol, Seriously though nice rock but pieces are falling off left right and centre.

On that note, i'm going to leave it alone before i do damage - i'll finish the rockscape when it's in the tank, might buy a few more rocks to play with ๐Ÿ˜„
Imagine going on a date and she asks what you done today "I played with rocks"ย ๐Ÿ˜‚.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 2

ยฃ28 for 10 pieces of acrylic cut to the size i need, including delivery.
Not bad i guess but i'll have to smooth the edges as they wanted an extra ยฃ20 for that and glue it together myself coz they wanted an extra ยฃ70 for that lolol.

PROGRESSION either way, and cheaper than ยฃ150+ for one already made that u can't get in england for some reason.

Anyway, what about using the fluval spec 60 aka fluval evo freshwater version backwards as a sump? She water will go in the normal return pump chamber, through the middle and out the intake? could run media there and refuigum in middle ?ย 

Just i have one spare and selling it might not be worth it as the light unit might come in handy as it's apperantly known to grow the lesser light corals.

ALSO, what's the chances if i hooked up my already infested aiptasia tank as a sump it spreading to the display tank?ย 

ย 

• Like 1
On 1/19/2020 at 2:00 AM, Proxo said:

ยฃ28 for 10 pieces of acrylic cut to the size i need, including delivery.
Not bad i guess but i'll have to smooth the edges as they wanted an extra ยฃ20 for that and glue it together myself coz they wanted an extra ยฃ70 for that lolol.

PROGRESSION either way, and cheaper than ยฃ150+ for one already made that u can't get in england for some reason.

Anyway, what about using the fluval spec 60 aka fluval evo freshwater version backwards as a sump? She water will go in the normal return pump chamber, through the middle and out the intake? could run media there and refuigum in middle ?ย 

Just i have one spare and selling it might not be worth it as the light unit might come in handy as it's apperantly known to grow the lesser light corals.

ALSO, what's the chances if i hooked up my already infested aiptasia tank as a sump it spreading to the display tank?ย 

ย 

Who did you use for the acrylic work? Might see how much they'd charge for a Skimmer Box. Cant be bothered to cut it myself ๐Ÿ˜„

Mate tbh they charge too much for 'fabrication' they wanted ยฃ70 to glue like 4 pieces together and cut them 'teeth', so i just got them to cut everything to the size i need.
But you can ask them straight on their website sometimes like it's facebook messenger lol.
https://www.sheetplastics.co.uk/ย is where i got the acrylic cut to size, kind of worked out cheaper than buying sheets and doing the cutting myself.

I've started my awesome gluing work, ok it's a mess - this'll be the inside of the box, the other side isn't too bad prob wont see much once algae gets everywhere ๐Ÿ˜„
I can weld steel but not plastic ๐Ÿ˜„.

ย 

P_20200122_094109.jpg

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Proxo said:

Mate tbh they charge too much for 'fabrication' they wanted ยฃ70 to glue like 4 pieces together and cut them 'teeth', so i just got them to cut everything to the size i need.
But you can ask them straight on their website sometimes like it's facebook messenger lol.
https://www.sheetplastics.co.uk/ย is where i got the acrylic cut to size, kind of worked out cheaper than buying sheets and doing the cutting myself.

I've started my awesome gluing work, ok it's a mess - this'll be the inside of the box, the other side isn't too bad prob wont see much once algae gets everywhere ๐Ÿ˜„
I can weld steel but not plastic ๐Ÿ˜„.

ย 

P_20200122_094109.jpg

Thanks, yeah the costs of that has put the idea out of my head for the time being. Might have to keep an eye out for something similar that I could use. Basically want to turn teh Cube into an AIO of sorts but don't want the whole back chamber thing.... just hide a pump in a skimmer box basicallyย