Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

barelyhuman IM 10

barelyhuman

barelyhuman

Hello guys, it’s my first time posting on this forum so if I make any mistakes, please tell me :).

My name is Ernest and I’m 15 years old from the sunny island of Singapore! Been keeping freshwater for so Long (since I was 3) that it became boring. I used to keep arowanas and luohans but since gave up since the reefing bug was biting me. I researched for 5 Long years and then finally bit the bullet and bought an im10.

Here is my Equipment list:

•Innovative Marine Nuvo 10

• Kessil A80

•Sicce 0.5

258F5528-AC12-4FAC-B727-B3C266A4023B.jpeg

• Like 7
barelyhuman

This is my first foray into the reefing world and I must say it exceeds my expectations. I didn’t think it was possible that my tank would look so good only after a few months.

1CD6AFEF-2ACF-45FA-ACE3-1324F1B04C85.jpeg

• Like 6
Christopher Marks

Welcome to the community @barelyhuman! 👋

Reef keeping is so fun and rewarding, it’s an exciting transition after keeping freshwater aquariums. It looks like you’re doing great so far with your new nano reef!

Are your clownfish hosting your frogspawn coral like an anemone?

• Like 2
barelyhuman

Nah not really I got a few RBTA on the way for the clowns to host and I am going to get a Midas blenny and a few zoas this week 

Say bye bye to my money😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, barelyhuman said:

Hello guys, it’s my first time posting on this forum so if I make any mistakes, please tell me :).

My name is Ernest and I’m 15 years old from the sunny island of Singapore! Been keeping freshwater for so Long (since I was 3) that it became boring. I used to keep arowanas and luohans but since gave up since the reefing bug was biting me. I researched for 5 Long years and then finally bit the bullet and bought an im10.

Here is my Equipment list:

•Innovative Marine Nuvo 10

• Kessil A80

•Sicce 0.5

258F5528-AC12-4FAC-B727-B3C266A4023B.jpeg

Welcome to NR! 😊

• Like 1
banasophia

Yay!!! Looks like you’re off to a great start in your first reef tank... I’m excited to follow along! 🤗

:welcome:

• Like 1
barelyhuman

7 hours ago, ReeferBray said:

How the light working for you so far? 

Tell us more about your maintenance on the tank? 

And what in the back chambers? 

Light is great been using kessil for a few years so getting the a80 was no brainer. Maintenance is only water changes every 1-2 weeks and changing filter floss every week. Back chambers only running chemipure blue, filter floss and matrix with some caribsea fragzone rocks.

• Like 3
barelyhuman
7 hours ago, banasophia said:

Yay!!! Looks like you’re off to a great start in your first reef tank... I’m excited to follow along! 🤗

:welcome:

7 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Welcome to NR! 😊

Thanks for the warm welcomes 🙂

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
barelyhuman

Hi guys from rainy Singapore! added a Midas blenny in this tank along with a rare four headed green octospawn , a few zoas(23 total!) and Two RBTAs:)

barelyhuman

Hi guys from rainy Singapore! added a Midas blenny in this tank along with a rare four headed green octospawn , a few zoas(23 total!) and Two RBTAs:)

B0982677-5A43-44DC-ADCD-F75AFD748DCD.jpeg

C1648AAE-BBEA-4159-99DB-D2C3408DFB85.jpeg

• Like 4
barelyhuman
On 5/21/2019 at 8:48 AM, LazyFish said:

The clowns will love this tank with all those great hosting options.

Yeah haha my female went carpet surfing while the male started hosting the octospawn 

barelyhuman

Apparently she like to hide behind the rock work which is great as I can see her from the couch while watching telly 

09E941A4-495B-4A95-A7FD-3D2CCC208E38.jpeg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ola! Been really busy these past few months and I have been really tired so won’t be adding corals for now:( Here is a recent FTS 

C02A26A1-5F2B-4B15-B2FD-D6FF2029BFB8.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Wow 2

No fish unfortunately because of ich and I am letting the system run fallow for about 3 months as a precaution. On the bright side, my tank has been featured on a lot of Instagram accounts like innovative marine and kessil 😁

2ED370C1-ACA0-4130-81A0-53740CA20C87.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow 2