Coral Vue Hydros

barelyhuman IM 10

barelyhuman

15 hours ago, MrJDanP said:

Coral looks good! Sorry about the ich. Responsible to let run fallow, although hard to resist urge to get more fish. 

Thank you for the kind words. It is against my morals to add fish where they will contract and eventually die, as this is akin to condemning them to death.

10 hours ago, DutchNanoReefer88 said:

Wow, that has filled in very nice! Seems like a really healthy frogspawn. 😃

Thank you it’s actually an Octospawn:)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Poodges said:

Cool setup.  Ever have the rbta get into it with your euphyllia? I have an rbta pretty close to a frogspawn. 

Oh yes definitely it keeps the rbta in check and the weird thing is, it makes it grow faster and split more often

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Gourami Swami said:

Tank looks great man. Sorry about your fish though.

Are you dosing anything, or jut the WC's still?

Nah just water changes every 2 weeks and monthly tests

• Like 2
23 hours ago, barelyhuman said:

UPDATE: Tank doing exceptionally well resolute not doing a water change for 3 weeks 

0610C609-1FCC-4417-ADE9-2EE9488767E7.jpeg

Absolutely stunning!!! 😃

17 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

So beautiful @barelyhuman! That octospawn is absolutely stunning, it’s neat to see just how much it alone has grown in your photos. 

What is your feeding routine like? 

Thank you! I only feed ocean Nutrition flakes for the nassarius and weekly feeding of roids for the corals and nems 🙂

• Like 1

Guys always remember to siphon the overflows of your aio. It is extremely crucial as dirt and waste will most often get trapped and cause nutrient problems in the tank. It’s extremly easy to forget to siphon. So get a long tube of airline tubing, remove your media and racks etc. And then siphon away! You will be shocked how dirty is it. Good luck 😉 

2DB968E3-F336-4810-9839-9DEF61BB42B4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Got a question, red slime has been popping up in my tank and the worst thing is , I have only fed my tank about once a week, so I cannot fanthom any idea why would it appear. The only possibility I could think of is the death of flatgworms in my tank. I didn’t do anything but one day, it was all gone and the algae started attacking! Anyone one has any idea to combat it? I don’t want to use any chemical treatments but instead biological treatment( bacteria, inverts etc.) Thanks a bunch!

062076B7-3F17-4E1D-B7D7-BBC96E66653C.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Had a few problems with cyano, so going to start dosing arka aquatics special blend, will update on the usefulness of the product!

4609F663-4ABF-478E-9D53-DB6479AE8171.png

Yup that’s my Instagram handle, go follow! 😅

• Like 5