Pod Your Reef

Tigahboy

43 minutes ago, Hannahhhh said:

It’s gorgeous! I can’t wait to add montipora to my tank, I’m still kinda afraid that I’ll kill them...

Hopefully I can retain the colors in this pico.  We shall see.

Also accidentally broke off a nub while I was taking off the plug, so glued it onto a rock rubble piece as well.  It's so tiny.  Lol. 

IMG_20190618_232633_089.thumb.jpg.64cb82cbbe5cacb49b833044c2bf248d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
14 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Evolved my dendrophyllia. *pew pew*

IMG_20190618_175208_591.thumb.jpg.934a13c3b8b10a67798f2e7729dacc7b.jpg

Old school pic of my dendros from 2009 (from my 35g) for comparison.  LOL.

gallery_9221_3_1356252470_46677.jpg.11bfafbfa529cd9e3eaf1040a8b181ec.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Definitely a bubblegum Digi, crazy how orange it looked when it was sulking, my little chunk of forest fire has allot of pink-white/teal to it, might be a bit light shocked but the polyps are so dense and fluffy you almost can't see the skeleton at all lol... Look forward to watching that grow out, easily one of my favorites, love the super-powered dendros too. When do you plan on unleashing the springer upon your pods and flatworms?

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Also accidentally broke off a nub while I was taking off the plug, so glued it onto a rock rubble piece as well.  It's so tiny.  Lol.

Nice, that nub will be fine.  It doesn't take a big frag to be viable.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, seabass said:

Nice, that nub will be fine.  It doesn't take a big frag to be viable.

Will be interesting to see how much that nub can grow by the end of this contest.  

3 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Definitely a bubblegum Digi, crazy how orange it looked when it was sulking, my little chunk of forest fire has allot of pink-white/teal to it, might be a bit light shocked but the polyps are so dense and fluffy you almost can't see the skeleton at all lol... Look forward to watching that grow out, easily one of my favorites, love the super-powered dendros too. When do you plan on unleashing the springer upon your pods and flatworms?

Finished treating the damsel with PraziPro, and still debating whether I'm gonna do full copper treatment.  He seems fine and healthy, so maybe not.  If I do copper, that would add at least 2 more weeks in QT (but I need the QT for new additions for my 20g).  Since I won't have any other fish in the pico (and won't be adding any other fish after the damsel), I might just add him.

Also, I need a lid.  Tried to make a lid with acrylic sheet but I think it traps too much heat (even with vent holes) and fogs up a lot.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Will be interesting to see how much that nub can grow by the end of this contest.  

Finished treating the damsel with PraziPro, and still debating whether I'm gonna do full copper treatment.  He seems fine and healthy, so maybe not.  If I do copper, that would add at least 2 more weeks in QT (but I need the QT for new additions for my 20g).  Since I won't have any other fish in the pico (and won't be adding any other fish after the damsel), I might just add him.

Also, I need a lid.  Tried to make a lid with acrylic sheet but I think it traps too much heat (even with vent holes) and fogs up a lot.

I elevated the lid a quarter inch or so from the tank instead of using vent holes, also the little bugger is adorable.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

Hopefully I can retain the colors in this pico.  We shall see.

IMG_20190618_232633_089.thumb.jpg.64cb82cbbe5cacb49b833044c2bf248d.jpg

Lol I did the same thing with a little nub I broke off the pocillipora on my tank, the little nub has already encrusted over the glue completely, and is already beginning to encrust the plug as well! 

So so I bet yours does quite well by October!

• Like 3

I ordered 3 of the same fish for my tanks, one for the pico.  They were supposed to be delivered today but they left them off the plane in Columbia so it Will be another 24 hours till I get them.  I hope they are alive.

• Sad 3
  • Wow 2
8 minutes ago, kimdawg said:

I ordered 3 of the same fish for my tanks, one for the pico.  They were supposed to be delivered today but they left them off the plane in Columbia so it Will be another 24 hours till I get them.  I hope they are alive.

Yikes!  I hope so too!  

Yeah, I'm hoping this damsel (and yours) has an appetite for flatworms.  

• Like 3
58 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

New dragon's breath arrived!  And it came in good shape this time.  🔥🔥🔥

IMG_20190620_213412_077.thumb.jpg.8de9e05b8f5f4147d95fc1a068e40687.jpg

Whoa, that may be some of the finest macro algae I've ever seen during the course of my involvement in the hobby 😍

• Like 4
7 hours ago, MetaTank said:

Whoa, that may be some of the finest macro algae I've ever seen during the course of my involvement in the hobby 😍

6 hours ago, Tempestas said:

Now that's looking good. Like real fire.

This is definitely the nicest one I've received so far.  I hope I can keep this one happy.  😬

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Hannahhhh said:

I love your Friday videos and I LOVE that song!

Thanks!  Getting hard to post a vid every Friday, but I'm trying.  LOL.  Love that song as well!

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Thanks!  Getting hard to post a vid every Friday, but I'm trying.  LOL.  Love that song as well!

Yeah, my favorite album of all time is the self titled album. Nice pick, and cool video!

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Haven't seen my baby RFA in awhile, so I was stoked to finally find it just chillin' amongst my zoas.  

IMG_20190622_205019_561.thumb.jpg.31347c73c55abcd59faf073e27d42e3a.jpg

Wow that’s crazy...lol...where’s Waldo of the reef world. Good eye!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico