SaltCritters.com

Tigahboy

Hard to get a good photo of my clove polyps, so took the opportunity to photograph them top-down during a water change. 

IMG_20190604_211215_752.thumb.jpg.80b01f5a041aca9c654aa0095c65fe41.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow 4
28 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

I love those cloves!!!

They are nice cloves!  Worth the trip to SD to get em.  I'm still looking for the ones with just neon green (with no orange or pink) tho.  

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

They are nice cloves!  Worth the trip to SD to get em.  I'm still looking for the ones with just neon green (with no orange or pink) tho.  

Hit up reef-republik on IG I think he has different colors for sale, im picking some up soon 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, medinar83 said:

Hit up reef-republik on IG I think he has different colors for sale, im picking some up soon 

Thanks. I'll check it out.  

Had issues with these zoas earlier on (had a significant amount of die off and had to slice and dip to get them back on track), but they have bounced back and are growing nicely now.

IMG_20190605_220829_333.thumb.jpg.c4d7eb13fb125c7c2965c497211ee366.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow 2

So... If it's okay, I'd like to borrow that last shot for my desktop pic for a little. Promise to give it back when I'm done.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Had issues with these zoas earlier on (had a significant amount of die off and had to slice and dip to get them back on track), but they have bounced back and are growing nicely now.

IMG_20190605_220829_333.thumb.jpg.c4d7eb13fb125c7c2965c497211ee366.jpg

Glad to hear the zoas are bouncing back for you! They look FANTASTIC, and it’s so nice they turned around and are growing now! Also, those cloves are pretty insane, and I hope you find the all green ones you’re looking for!

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

So... If it's okay, I'd like to borrow that last shot for my desktop pic for a little. Promise to give it back when I'm done.

LOL. OK.  Be sure to give it back to me when you are done.

39 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Glad to hear the zoas are bouncing back for you! They look FANTASTIC, and it’s so nice they turned around and are growing now! Also, those cloves are pretty insane, and I hope you find the all green ones you’re looking for!

Thanks!  I was at the LFS during lunch and saw some yellow tip ones (no green in the center).   I might go back and pick those up as well.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

@Ratvan I suspect some kind of infection (not a pest), but don't know exactly what.  Dipped with Coral Revive and Lugol's Solution (iodine) to help with that.  

• Like 2

PICO PROBLEMS!

So having couple issues with my pico.

1. Received replacement dragon's breath yesterday, but it didn't ship well this time (or the last 2 times actually).  Last time came in pretty much dead.  This time came in with some of the tips dead.  Hoping it can recover, but not sure.

Also, I just can't keep the dragon's breath plume with my Aqamai KPS.  I have to choose one or the other.  What should i do????   Keep the pump (and add maybe a torch over the volcano) or keep the dragon's breath plume?

Here's a photo of the partially dying replacement dragon's breath.  I actually put back in the Hydor Pico Evo-Mag for the time being until I decide what to do.  I could use the Aqamai in my 20g, so my 20g would be happy with me giving up on keeping it in the pico.

IMG_20190607_095822_905.thumb.jpg.ebded9b06bfe7c8697cbc5389db6b6cc.jpg

And for kicks, here's a photo of me tying the macro to a rock. It's a PITA. LOL.

IMG_20190607_100855_268.thumb.jpg.d823c0737a25944a38efb684581677e0.jpg

2. We got flatworms! omgomgomg Tiny tiny flatworms.  They look like tiny, baby red planaria (but none are as big as typical full sized red planaria... at least yet).  Ughhhhhh.  Probably came in on some macro from awhile back since that's the only thing I haven't been dipping.  They've grown in numbers.  Salifert FWE?  Time to add a Blue Sapphire Damsel?  I actually want a Sapphire for my 20 (they look beautiful, and are supposedly peaceful and eat flatworms), so maybe the pico can be a QT of sorts before I put him in the 20.  Though I do still feel bad about putting any fish in a pico. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Do you tie fishing lures too? lmao

Kps has to go!

Two types of flatworms very noticeable diff one looks like a death sail lol and other look harmless but anoying and always on glass. Both are toxic when you kill them?? not sure im asking. 

• Haha 1
debbeach13

I say go for it as long as you wanted the damsel for your 20 anyway. Nothing wrong with letting it clean the pico first. The volcano looks great again. I hope the macro recovers from shipping.

• Like 2

Image result for two types of reef flatworms

This is the bad one.  I have a ton of the first one my cap is fine and my sps might be burned not flatworm but dont know for sure.

I can partially vouch for the springers, they're awesome to watch, totally full of energy and constantly ALL OVER the tank, which can be a bit of a problem because they'll define their territory as the entire tank lol... I originally tried to have a pair and it might have worked out but the aggression was still damselfish level between the two, they might still work out in a slightly-longer community tank but I would add them with caution, talbots and randalls are supposed to be the least aggressive with springers being tied or slightly more. If you get lucky you could end up with a really peaceful one, but at the end of the day clowns draw blood from handlers and damselfish are high-energy clownfish with 10x the territory size. (So I don't know if I would even quarantine one in less than 10 gallons)

When my little gel-sampler comes in I'll take a video of my springer in the tank, to say it occupies the entire 13 gallon space (18x16) is an understatement...

• Like 1

Yeah, it's definitely not acro eating FW.  Looks reddish to me, but they are so small it's hard to really see.  But they don't look like nor as big as typical red planaria (I've dealt with plenty of those back in the day).  Really hard to get a photo of them b/c of how small they are.  

Out of the photos you posted, it looks the closest to this one (see a little red/brown in there too).  But I still don't like them all over my tank glass.  

13 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

flatworm.jpg

They are cool.

3 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

I can partially vouch for the springers, they're awesome to watch, totally full of energy and constantly ALL OVER the tank, which can be a bit of a problem because they'll define their territory as the entire tank lol... I originally tried to have a pair and it might have worked out but the aggression was still damselfish level between the two, they might still work out in a slightly-longer community tank but I would add them with caution, talbots and randalls are supposed to be the least aggressive with springers being tied or slightly more. If you get lucky you could end up with a really peaceful one, but at the end of the day clowns draw blood from handlers and damselfish are high-energy clownfish with 10x the territory size.

When my little gel-sampler comes in I'll take a video of my springer in the tank, to say it occupies the entire 13 gallon space (18x16) is an understatement...

My plan was 1 springers and 2 clownfish in my 20 long.  Maybe a small blenny/goby also, but probably just the 3 fish.  You think that damsel will play nice with the clowns in a 20 long?

• Like 1

I'm not an expert, plenty of success stories on the net of people keeping clowns and damsels, even some of the more aggressive ones (they're the same family of fish after all), I'm honestly still considering a perc for my tank lol, unfortunately I think just about everyone's mileage varies heavily on this one (at least judging by all the hate damsels get in general).

4 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Out of the photos you posted, it looks the closest to this one (see a little red/brown in there too).  But I still don't like them all over my tank glass.  

I've read you can get rid of flat worms by raising levels in water forgot if it was mag or alk or strontium or I dont know.... lol

• Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico