mY7AVxp.jpg

vme9CGt.jpg

Playing with Rubble

8LUyu3W.jpg

Hardware:

Mr Aqua 2.5G

Aquaclear 30

Tetra 50w

Amazon - chinese LED light fixture - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07557W5JS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

autotopoff.com auto top off

Stocking:

TBD

I do have a couple ugly RFA that could end up in here, some anthelia, GSP. Could possibly get a nice invert or a citron clown goby. Maybe split some maxi mini nems and add?

• Like 10
18 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Looking good so far! I gotta admit, thats a sexy little tank!

Thanks! I really like it. slight chip in the back i noticed, so i emailed BRS and may swap it out.

I'm thinking i may paint the bottom and back panel white. think i'm going bare bottom. I assume the AC30 would create too much flow for sand.

8 hours ago, MattL87 said:

That light looks awesome, I kind of regret the one I ordered now 🤔

Thanks. Temperature is a bit more white than I think i'd like, but we'll see once we get some things in the box to look at.

• Like 1

Well, it is up and running!

First: FTS - full tank snack.

image.png.a918793966c606fc1c203bfdd1bd1875.png

From there, I pulled my cookies frags, and transferred in the rock i had curing. This is going to be my scape (with a few pieces coming along with coral), but for now i had a few rocks in a 5g bucket curing. I bashed them up and dumped them in the display. Quite overfilled. I'm hoping to avoid most of the cycle that way. Therefore, this is my only FTS for now. will pull most of the rubble next week.

Now, the fun stuff!

I made a media basket and layout for the AC30. It is very tight, but i think i have everything i need. I'm unsure on the need for macro algae, but i've got room currently.

4H4kFfM.jpg

NZtqIIw.jpg

UV1FoNt.jpg

8hdvln0.jpg

That's it for now! I'm thinking some nems in this tank, and maybe sexy shrimp? I want a clown goby or other tiny goby, but assume the nems in a tank this size would make a snack of him.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Moved some super large anthelia type flowy coral over. Ignore the destroyed scape.- seedrock in front. it'll be coming out.

r9LVMsp.jpg

bsFa0HA.jpg

OwP2K4r.jpg

• Like 6
1 hour ago, stevejo said:

The white back and bottom really make it pop!  I think it'll look even better when you get some color in there 🙂

Thanks! I hope it does well with some color.

So for stocking, i'm torn. I could get a clown or other sort of tiny goby, but worry the planned nems in this tank would eat it.

I've seen Yellow-tail blue damsels in tanks this size, but am not sure how i feel about it. As a sole inhabitant it could be nice, and because they aren't perching fish much less likely to get eaten.

Thoughts?

It's that, or maybe sexy shrimp?

Ammonia .25, nitrite 0, nitrates 10. think i'll give it a few more days, test again. I'm hoping to move the maxi mini over from purgatory soon.

Xq1QdbS.jpg?1

Love your scape!! Really like your DIY media basket, too. May try something similar -- have a bunch of left over egg crate from my fluval basket.

1 hour ago, 748S911 said:

Wow this is coming along nicely, great job! 

Thanks! I can't wait to pull the seed rock out.

1 hour ago, pricewayne said:

Love your scape!! Really like your DIY media basket, too. May try something similar -- have a bunch of left over egg crate from my fluval basket.

Thank you! the area is pretty small, but i'll see how it works once i pull some chaeto in. I've started feeding heavier on my Evo 13.5 to try and grow it.

4 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

👍 Scape is on point, and I'm a big fan of the white background.  

Thanks, i've done black and dark blue before, never white. We'll see how it works.

1 hour ago, vlangel said:

I also like the white backround.  The scape looks nice too.  You are off to a very good start and that is a beautiful nem.

Thanks! I'm going to test params again tonight, maybe pull another chunk of seedrock.

• Like 1

I wanted a tracey's damsel, but nowhere seems to stock it and my LFS can't order it. May go YWT?

Nitrates 10-20, nitrites 0, ammonia 0. Trying to move nem over, but he really likes the tupperware.

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
On 3/30/2019 at 8:38 PM, asting said:

Well, it is up and running!

First: FTS - full tank snack.

image.png.a918793966c606fc1c203bfdd1bd1875.png

From there, I pulled my cookies frags, and transferred in the rock i had curing. This is going to be my scape (with a few pieces coming along with coral), but for now i had a few rocks in a 5g bucket curing. I bashed them up and dumped them in the display. Quite overfilled. I'm hoping to avoid most of the cycle that way. Therefore, this is my only FTS for now. will pull most of the rubble next week.

Now, the fun stuff!

I made a media basket and layout for the AC30. It is very tight, but i think i have everything i need. I'm unsure on the need for macro algae, but i've got room currently.

4H4kFfM.jpg

NZtqIIw.jpg

UV1FoNt.jpg

8hdvln0.jpg

That's it for now! I'm thinking some nems in this tank, and maybe sexy shrimp? I want a clown goby or other tiny goby, but assume the nems in a tank this size would make a snack of him.

Nice insert i would steered clear of white but since you’re going to grow algae then have at it

So I tried to move the nem over last night, and of course it had attached to the purgatory. I put it in sideways and used a fountain pump to encourage it to leave.

I look this morning and it is wrapped and half in my filter intake. I pulled the tube, used some wire cutters on the plastic then used the aforementioned fountain pump on the other end to encourage it to let go. Its settled in the rock now, and I used the backup intake tube to trim and used flex tubing to sleeve between. Its about 3" higher.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, vlangel said:

Nems can be a pain that way, crawling in places they have no buisness being.

The maxi minis move waaay less in my experience.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, asting said:

The maxi minis move waaay less in my experience.

I have never had a maxi mini but they seem like they might be more like RFA.  RBTA seem to have been the worst for me.  Just when I would think it was happy and content, I would get up the next morning with it in a new spot.  I never knew where I was going to find it.