Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Dirté Sanchez

The new stuff I added to the Evo has continued to look amazing! With the exception of the stag horn, which I ended up moving into the SCA hoping that the increased flow and bigger system would help. The montis are especially looking great!
 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

Got a new small trachyphyllia for the Evo, which meant the coral and snail nipping Halloween hermit had to move to the sump. 
 

The new corals in there are still looking fantastic, especially the Millie! So happy to see it doing well. The purple/blue digitata is also looking great. I’ll have to keep watching them and figure out the best place to secure them to the rocks. 
 

What does the general public think about possible placement for the Millie and digitata?
 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
GraniteReefer
19 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

The new stuff I added to the Evo has continued to look amazing! With the exception of the stag horn, which I ended up moving into the SCA hoping that the increased flow and bigger system would help. The montis are especially looking great!
 

 

 

Is the fifth picture in this line up blueberry fields leptastrea? If so looking good!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Picogoby
19 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

The new stuff I added to the Evo has continued to look amazing! With the exception of the stag horn, which I ended up moving into the SCA hoping that the increased flow and bigger system would help. The montis are especially looking great!
 

 

 

What is the coral in the 5th picture please?

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
5 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Got a new small trachyphyllia for the Evo, which meant the coral and snail nipping Halloween hermit had to move to the sump. 
 

The new corals in there are still looking fantastic, especially the Millie! So happy to see it doing well. The purple/blue digitata is also looking great. I’ll have to keep watching them and figure out the best place to secure them to the rocks. 
 

What does the general public think about possible placement for the Millie and digitata?
 

 

That trachy is nice. 😊

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
mitten_reef
6 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

What does the general public think about possible placement for the Millie and digitata?

 

You have a strong light for this tank, so technically they probably can go anywhere. But top 1/3 or top 1/4 would make most sense for these guys as they can handle more light than others in your tank. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
3 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

Is the fifth picture in this line up blueberry fields leptastrea? If so looking good!

 

3 hours ago, Picogoby said:

What is the coral in the 5th picture please?

It was listed only as a blue and green leptastrea from Vivid Aquariums. And I'm completely ignorant of all the fancy names, so it very well could be a blueberry fields or what ever. Its already spreading out on its plug and a happy little coral I do know that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

Evo is doing pretty good! Moved the frags off the holders today and thought I’d made good choices, then noticed the purple/blue monti digitata was super unhappy and the Millie as well. So they went back in holders. Gotta rethink placement of them because they didn’t like the amount of light they were getting. 
 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

It seems that every time I brag on the Evo, it goes through and ugly stage. Yesterday I found that the pistol shrimp and his associate had dragged the BTA down into their den and munched on part of him. So I pulled him out and stuck him on a frag holder hoping he would be okay, but of course, he started to turn to goo today. So, pulled that awful smelling snot out of the tank and did an unplanned water change. Which dropped my phosphates and nitrates to nearly zero. Which seems to have rather annoyed my corals. 

 

I guess that's good news for the fish, because I'm trying to feed the crap out of the tank now to get them back up to their normal range. Damn anemones. I have discovered with every single attempt, that the only ones worth owning are RFAs. I think I'm just going to cross owning any other off the list, like with my attempts at growing macro.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan
13 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

It seems that every time I brag on the Evo, it goes through and ugly stage. Yesterday I found that the pistol shrimp and his associate had dragged the BTA down into their den and munched on part of him. So I pulled him out and stuck him on a frag holder hoping he would be okay, but of course, he started to turn to goo today. So, pulled that awful smelling snot out of the tank and did an unplanned water change. Which dropped my phosphates and nitrates to nearly zero. Which seems to have rather annoyed my corals. 

 

I guess that's good news for the fish, because I'm trying to feed the crap out of the tank now to get them back up to their normal range. Damn anemones. I have discovered with every single attempt, that the only ones worth owning are RFAs. I think I'm just going to cross owning any other off the list, like with my attempts at growing macro.

 

 

Lol, I typically say i cant seem to grow film algae, next day BOOM! Cant see past the glass. The shrimp antics are pretty funny though

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Lol, I typically say i cant seem to grow film algae, next day BOOM! Cant see past the glass. The shrimp antics are pretty funny though

 

 

Until they eat a BTA. MAN those things stink!!!!! The snot is disgusting!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

Added a new brain to the Evo today and it is sure bright and colorful! The trachyphyllia is doing well! 
 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

Got the new lens in for my DSLR camera. It’s a Nikon D3000 and this is a Nikon AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 85mm F3.5G ED VR lens. 
 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Bosko818

I love my wife! Her tanks are beautiful

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

Got a new pinwheel plate in today. Hoping it does better with the finer sand of the Evo than my first one did in the SCA. Looking hot! 🔥

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

Whoops posted on the wrong thread!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

Got some new pictures on Mother’s Day while I had some peace and quiet. Looking good in there. 
 

Added a new joker cyphastrea today and will add the final coral for the tank Friday (A pectinia 😱😍😍). And after that, seriously done adding corals. It’s become a sickness, this spending money and adding stuff and I’ve gotta rein myself back in. 
 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

Bored. Just a couple shots today. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my super prized pectinia tomorrow 😍

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
17 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Bored. Just a couple shots today. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my super prized pectinia tomorrow 😍

 

 

Is the new one the same as the other one?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
17 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Is the new one the same as the other one?

Yes it’s another amethyst pectinia because I just fell in love with the colors. And they’d sold out of the rasta one which was close to these but brighter. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

Few shots from this weekend of the Evo with the macro lens. Still learning, still trying to figure out the best settings to stop the blur. Sometimes it just comes out perfectly or almost.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

So yesterday went to see what the LFS has gotten in new. Picked up a small, very aggressive little elegance. Watched it have a battle royale with about 10 bristleworms last night. Bristleworms lost. Found their half digested bodies laying around it like trophies this morning and it hawked up two more after the lights ramped up. Maybe they’ll learn to stay away from it, or maybe it’ll take care of my bristleworm army. 
 

F84021A8-7B8B-4691-AEA0-FE27F5CDD6E9.thumb.jpeg.77510e344130b690482ecf5f42dde4fa.jpeg

 

Also, moved Cruiser the female Mandy to the big tank because she had gotten pretty big. She seems happy in the SCA with new friends and no one bothers her while she cruises around. 
 

Found this adorable little guy with no name as yet. Hope he does well and stays away from the elegance whom I shall name Karen.  I feel certain Karen would eat him no questions asked. 
664C62F9-8E9F-44EC-9CAF-4A6C90C67A01.thumb.jpeg.0c85169dcb41030cb8009a3d4203107f.jpeg
E873444F-4250-4A0D-9A9F-7A2279ACA57A.thumb.jpeg.8f714fa59dc545c7ed134d4d6db58100.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
WV Reefer
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

So yesterday went to see what the LFS has gotten in new. Picked up a small, very aggressive little elegance. Watched it have a battle royale with about 10 bristleworms last night. Bristleworms lost. Found their half digested bodies laying around it like trophies this morning and it hawked up two more after the lights ramped up. Maybe they’ll learn to stay away from it, or maybe it’ll take care of my bristleworm army. 
 

F84021A8-7B8B-4691-AEA0-FE27F5CDD6E9.thumb.jpeg.77510e344130b690482ecf5f42dde4fa.jpeg

 

Also, moved Cruiser the female Mandy to the big tank because she had gotten pretty big. She seems happy in the SCA with new friends and no one bothers her while she cruises around. 
 

Found this adorable little guy with no name as yet. Hope he does well and stays away from the elegance whom I shall name Karen.  I feel certain Karen would eat him no questions asked. 
664C62F9-8E9F-44EC-9CAF-4A6C90C67A01.thumb.jpeg.0c85169dcb41030cb8009a3d4203107f.jpeg
E873444F-4250-4A0D-9A9F-7A2279ACA57A.thumb.jpeg.8f714fa59dc545c7ed134d4d6db58100.jpeg

The new guy is cute. 😊

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
debbeach13

Karen and an elegance. Sounds like risky business. Hope they do well for you.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
8 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

The new guy is cute. 😊

He’s cute and teeny weeny. After seeing Karen whoop those bristle worms’ butts I’m concerned for the little dude. So far he’s stayed in safe places. She may end up needing to rehome in the possible you know what that may appear soonish. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...