inTank Media Baskets

Tom@HaslettMI

Tom@HaslettMI

Been a minute.  Tank is still kicking.  I rescaped awhile back and took the arch out. Also added seagrass (Halophilia stipulacea). Recently treated a flatworm outbreak and need to nip the hair algae in the bud. 

EA0E4D11-4426-4126-B7AB-C021BDFB98EB.thumb.jpeg.c29391cb8c74845b457f9a6866f03eed.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
Tom@HaslettMI
23 hours ago, banasophia said:

Beautiful! I like the new scape. Is that a long tentacle plate? Looks like you’ve had it a long time… do you feed it? 

Thank you. Yes, that’s a Heliofungia. I bought it from a fellow reefer at a swap in 2018.  He was selling it because it was too big for his 75 gallon. Its been in a 34 gallon ever since.

I broadcast feed reefroids, golden pearls, and reef chili a few times a week (less sometimes), which is oddly their preferred food. 

Here’s a recent top down of it. 

6F34BE7F-D5A6-481A-AC8E-A771D87810F5.thumb.jpeg.670ad4aebc055ffd803195f541cca84a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

Interesting! And funny they thought the plate was too big for their 75.

I’ve never fed golden pearls or reef chili… I’ll have to check those out.

I looove that Halophila.  We had to do some seagrass surveys awhile back, specifically to look for Johnson's Seagrass (Halophila johnsonii) here in FL.  It was listed as a endangered species for ahwile...turns out after OUR survey they actually found it is not native to the FL coast, came in from ships in the Indo-Pacific 😅

Love the tank!!! 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • 7 months later...