Cultivated Reef

jack1978

1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

I have a feeling the tanks in question here might be sitting around much longer than a couple years..😉

Jack's a head of his usual schedule. Only been since Christmas time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Material for formwork. 

oh making a top............hell thats easy peasy.......................hell I made pavers for the garden years ago,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Wow 1
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

oh making a top............hell thats easy peasy.......................hell I made pavers for the garden years ago,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

You peeking over my fence, perv? 

• Haha 1

What did you use for crete ? Did you add color to it ?

I know its to late but if you do it again try melamine..........comes out nice and smooth looking.  No sanding required...........I just pulled them and put on a sealer and was good to go..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, spectra said:

What did you use for crete ? Did you add color to it ?

I know its to late but if you do it again try melamine..........comes out nice and smooth looking.  No sanding required...........I just pulled them and put on a sealer and was good to go..........

Yes to melamine...... if concrete.  This is a polyester-like concrete.  Cures in about 15 minutes, 8,000psi.  -Basically 2 part plastic resin/catalyst and special aggregates. 

Impervious to just about everything and impact resistant.  Although I now have a 100lb top sitting on my stand ........ 

• Like 1

I got 160# of water plus rock and sand and the weight if the equipment.

Then listen im going to build a 200# top and see if this stand will support the added weight

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Yes to melamine...... if concrete.  This is a polyester-like concrete.  Cures in about 15 minutes, 8,000psi.  -Basically 2 part plastic resin/catalyst and special aggregates. 

Impervious to just about everything and impact resistant.  Although I now have a 100lb top sitting on my stand ........ 

Well I have about 1500lbs sitting on mine :lol:

• Like 1
Just now, jack1978 said:

Might go with a little more sanding, but kinda like the rough look. 

-Who am I kidding, this is as far as this top will get, lol. 

20190929_153944.jpg

surprised it got that far :lol: can you get it to shine like the wood ?