inTank Media Baskets

Joe's IM 20: Got a couple clowns, call it a circus 🎪

Joevember

I think my boy also thinks the tank is looking clean, or tasty...

20201227_115510.jpg

20201227_115443.jpg

Update: Just tasty, he's been swatting at my clowns ever since he noticed them.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Plan on moving the tank to my next apartment, but just realized that I can’t take the big acro off of the rear panel, so it would be out of the water for a while if I moved it. Probably going to have to take it off, which will be annoying. Also not sure if I can fit the big rock in a 5 gallon bucket to move it in, might be too wide with all the corals on it. Anyone know a container that would work?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 1:00 PM, Joevember said:

Plan on moving the tank to my next apartment, but just realized that I can’t take the big acro off of the rear panel, so it would be out of the water for a while if I moved it. Probably going to have to take it off, which will be annoying. Also not sure if I can fit the big rock in a 5 gallon bucket to move it in, might be too wide with all the corals on it. Anyone know a container that would work?

It's still a risk but I've had SPS out the water for a bit no problem. Important to let it slime up and keep the humidity up when moving the tank by wrapping the open top in kitchen plastic wrap, also does not hurt to have a spray bottle of tank water and blasting it every couple of minutes.

For the rock, if you can get corals off it, just put it in a plastic tote wrapped in tank water soaked newspaper/paper towels.

How far is the move?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 7:55 PM, Fish_Wiz said:

It's still a risk but I've had SPS out the water for a bit no problem. Important to let it slime up and keep the humidity up when moving the tank by wrapping the open top in kitchen plastic wrap, also does not hurt to have a spray bottle of tank water and blasting it every couple of minutes.

For the rock, if you can get corals off it, just put it in a plastic tote wrapped in tank water soaked newspaper/paper towels.

How far is the move?

It’s only 8 miles, so it should be easy in theory. probably 30-40 minutes of driving. 
I found some sturdy plastic totes that might work, but I’m not really trying to remove all the corals, a lot are already encrusted too much. I found a plastic tote with a sealed top that I think might work out that would let me keep my corals mounted, or at least most of them. I would just wedge some styrofoam or something else in between the rock and walls to keep the rock from shifting around and smashing things up. 

I will definitely utilize your method for the wall mounted acro, I’m too proud of its growth to lose it1A3F6850-1A1D-436C-85AF-576937964000.thumb.jpeg.e45283a24829b489d30f95109dc2cd11.jpeg

Here’s some scan pics as well

471721A7-A321-4968-BC09-98CA735DC28F.jpeg

F7C65520-3B77-47A6-A3E9-5850D5506AE2.jpeg