Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bad expreience with nano box

Nickbruh510

1 minute ago, Nickbruh510 said:

Great everyone makes mistakes  , this is true. Maybe I should of just bought a brand new unit?

The thing is, mistakes can happen by a company of any size, which is something I am currently dealing with from a much larger company than NBR. I brought up that Dave is a one man band because there is a LOT he has to do for one guy, on a light that is gaining popularity.

I mentioned that maybe you should have purchased a light from a big company because I feel like you want a level of service and support that a one man show can likely just not offer you, but what would happen if you bought a name brand and had the same issue happen? It happens more often than you think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Nickbruh510 said:

Is it really being hysterical. 

Sure , anyone want to buy these nanobox units?. These exposed wires are killing me and the 2 year old flex arm is making the duo sag.

Yes.  You sound like a woman with the "let me speak to your manager" haircut.  You are coming up with wild theories on why Dave has wronged you and flip flopping on being satisfied and outraged.  You are the worst type of customer.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Tmr8188 said:

Yes.  You sound like a woman with the "let me speak to your manager" haircut.  You are coming up with wild theories on why Dave has wronged you and flip flopping on being satisfied and outraged.  You are the worst type of customer.

HahahahahahahHha fanboy.

1 hour ago, Nickbruh510 said:

I also believe that I was treated this way because he was doing a repair on a unit which I assume you only make a  good profit on new units.

This is being hysterical.

16 minutes ago, Nickbruh510 said:

Is it really being hysterical. 

Sure , anyone want to buy these nanobox units?. These exposed wires are killing me and the 2 year old flex arm is making the duo sag.

So is this.

Did you ask for the flex arm to be fixed, or replaced? Did you pay for it? Now there are exposed wires? You didn't mention that before. I have a hard time believing anyone would send out a unit with exposed wires. If it's the power cord, and the sheath is still covering the wire, it's fine. However, you could easily replace that with any computer cord. If it's something else, what?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, schgr.cube said:

The thing is, mistakes can happen by a company of any size, which is something I am currently dealing with from a much larger company than NBR. I brought up that Dave is a one man band because there is a LOT he has to do for one guy, on a light that is gaining popularity.

I mentioned that maybe you should have purchased a light from a big company because I feel like you want a level of service and support that a one man show can likely just not offer you, but what would happen if you bought a name brand and had the same issue happen? It happens more often than you think.

Yeah i set should of just went big box I suppose thank you for being honest and not talking about my haircut.

Just now, RayWhisperer said:

This is being hysterical.

So is this.

Did you ask for the flex arm to be fixed, or replaced? Did you pay for it? Now there are exposed wires? You didn't mention that before. I have a hard time believing anyone would send out a unit with exposed wires. If it's the power cord, and the sheath is still covering the wire, it's fine. However, you could easily replace that with any computer cord. If it's something else, what?

I brought it up to him and he responded with nothing about the saggy flex arm. I even said I would buy a new one but nope no response about the flex arm. I was talking about the exposed wires inside of the unit lol for some reason its driving me nuts. 

1 minute ago, Nickbruh510 said:

HahahahahahahHha fanboy.

I just bought like a 3rd hand Tide this week for a 7 gallon tank, I am all T5 and Kessil bub.  I also didn't light up all my tanks like you did.  You do just sound like you are fishing for something free or you are secretly Derrick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Thanks for everything guys going to sell these units hit me up if you want to buy them and I will buy a big box unit instead.

Just now, Tmr8188 said:

I just bought like a 3rd hand Tide this week for a 7 gallon tank, I am all T5 and Kessil bub.  I also didn't light up all my tanks like you did.  You do just sound like you are fishing for something free or you are secretly Derrick.

I would not want anything free for nanobox the little stickers were enough. I do like t5/kessil. What's your tank look like? Mind sharing a photo.

Just now, Nickbruh510 said:

Thanks for everything guys going to sell these units hit me up if you want to buy them and I will buy a big box unit instead.

Make sure you get the power supplies first, we must not have another ordeal like yours.  You don't want another person going through that...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Tmr8188 said:

What do you mean how I light my tanks up? Please explain? Are you referring to leds?

30 minutes ago, Nickbruh510 said:

What do you mean how I light my tanks up? Please explain? Are you referring to leds?

You are calling me a fan boy when I have never owned a Nanobox light until this Saturday, when you have purchased multiple units.  I am firmly a T5 fanboy.

This entire situation was presumably resolved with the business owner apologizing and stating that you will recieve your components Wednesday.  You seemed content, then 5 hours later you went off the deep end.  I get it you are unhappy, but there isn't much else he can do for you on a holiday weekend short of leaving his family and driving across the country and hand delivering your power supplies.

• Like 3

Worthless and bricked? Did you magically procure some power supplies out of thin air and test the lights? I do agree that Dave can be hard to get hold of some times, especially through the forums (email is always quicker) and when he is out of town. Can't blame a guy for having a life outside of work, we work to live, not live to work. He will sort out any issues you have but unfortunately there is little that can be done on what I believe is a holiday long weekend for you American folk.

• Like 3
On 9/2/2017 at 10:57 PM, Nickbruh510 said:

I bought a custom fuge light it took over 1.5 weeks to complete thats cool I get it. And then I sent him a nanobox duo for repair , He fixed it and said it would be shipped out next week. Well that next week comes around and apparently the power supply they sent was the wrong one. Here I am waiting another couple days for a response . I had to reach out to him. Now almost 2.5-3 weeks later altogether I get a box on the porch. Open it up stoked as Hell and neither power supply is in there :(. Not even the power supply I sent him with the nanobox duo I sent in for repair. Nor did the fuge light power supply come in the mail. I sent him messages, emails, and called him. Crickets man. Honestly I Think this man is all hype. Call it a mistake if you want. I still have 2 nanobox bricks sitting on the floor.

Bro not 1 power supply but 2 power supplies. Like kmon dude I could have easily went with 2 different lights but nope I decided to suppor nanobox because I myself am a small buisness owner. But damn get your shhh together man.

One and a half weeks for a custom fuge light?  That's hella good turnaround.  If I order something custom on Etsy, it can be a month before I see it!  ANYTHING custom made that is worth buying takes time.  Yeah, he shouldn't have forgotten the lights.  Oops.  It happens.  And 70+ messages over the course of a few weeks is hardly what I would call slow.  I also can't believe you made TWO threads (one of which I responded to last night) to complain about Dave, AND you managed to misspell experience BOTH times.  Come on! :mellow:

8 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Nick,

My apologies if I forgot your power supplies. After our 70+ PM messages PLUS emails I hope you do not think I am not responding. I have been with family all week and taking a small break for labor day. I will have these out tomorrow for you when I get back. As well you had a repair unit that was sent in afterwards that was connected completely wrong. 

Again sorry this took longer than expected. You will have the power supplies Wednesday at the latest! 

-Dave

Like I stated in the thread I said this is still taboo. Disregarding white completely would not be a smart move on my part due to the "normal" having white. However I truly believe this is the future! 

You bought a light that was over two years old. This will NOT be the same spectrum as the current. The spectrum will still be very pleasing with the use of lime. 

Thats for clearing that up guys! I will be back in town tomorrow! 

Happy reeding and I hope everyone had a great holiday! 

-Dave

Dave,

Will you be able to ship it out tomorrow with the holiday?  I know the post office will be closed but not sure about UPS/FedEx.  Wouldn't want Mr. Hysterical to get even more upset over something completely out of your control.

7 hours ago, Nickbruh510 said:

Dave, i was not speaking of the line personally I could care less about that. I was speaking mmm ore of just the nanobox arrays wether they are 5 years old or 5 days old. I am glad I will be receiving the power supplies by wed. I want to make it clear I was not bashing you by any means just stating the frustration I experienced, and simply asked who else has had a bad experience. It seems not many people but at the end of the day the power supplies were forgot on 2 orders which is not bad. I wish I wasn't in the percentage of people who have had a bad experience with you. For the record you do respond slowly on nano-reef .I think you respond quicker thru the nano box email. Thank you for changing out the screw to the 2 year old unit i appreciate it and can't wait to light my tank with the nanobox. The fuge light on the hand will probably go over my frog tank as I think it deserves to go over a a tank than to be stuck under the cabinet growing macroalgae I want to show it off especially the short gooseneck it looks slick

Not everyone lives on N-R like me, and it makes complete sense for someone to respond more quickly through their business email than through a forum.  Expecting people to give up their holiday weekend vacation with family because you are mads is ridiculous.  None of the big companies have someone answering calls and emails on weekends or holidays either. :rolleyes:

Oh and for the record, I have never owned a Nano-Box.  They've simply been out of my budget.  However, if I had $200 to spare I'd grab one of your "worthless brick" lights because that's a fantastic deal.  Then I'd have Dave send me the power supply and my build I'm putting together would have beautiful lighting.

• Like 6

Holy god in heaven, the things happening in the world and y'all reserve the tears for this? 

Someone pull a bitch crybaby meme up for me cause I'm honor for awaking. K bob. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

You guys blame me for being ridiculous but really it's all the fan boys who received their power supplies with they're brand new units who keep promoting this thread. I was just sharing my experience and selling thos lights. Where are the nanobox fanboys when your tryna sell them the best lights on the market huh?

5 minutes ago, Nickbruh510 said:

You guys blame me for being ridiculous but really it's all the fan boys who received their power supplies with they're brand new units who keep promoting this thread. I was just sharing my experience and selling thos lights. Where are the nanobox fanboys when your tryna sell them the best lights on the market huh?

1. I'm a girl

2. I've never bought a Nano Box and therefore have neither gotten a power supply nor had it forgotten.  If you want to sell your lights sans power supplies, there is a forum called the Hardware Classifieds which is where a sale thread belongs.  This is not a sale thread.  I suppose you missed the part where I don't have a spare $200 right now.

3. Most of these "fanboys" already have the lights and probably don't need another right now.  Plus you're acting kinda like a crazy person so it's hard to figure out whether you're actually serious.

I agree with @mbarton2010.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Nickbruh510 said:

And when the thread gets deleted the fan boys win. Good job fellas .

Threads don't get deleted.  Derrick took care of that! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Just now, Lula_Mae said:

Lol I'm serious about the sale and yes I am aware of the hardware classifieds

2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Good ol derrick. Did we all agree that is what we are going to call noob mistakes? 

@1891Bro

"Well, I pulled a derrick and my tank crashed " ??. He hated me 

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Nickbruh510 said:

The problem is resolved when I get the power supplies on my doorstep

He's already said he'll ship them out asap.  Not sure what more you want.  Frankly I think you had some unreasonable expectations, particularly regarding communication times.  Like I said, 70 messages over 3 or 4 weeks is NOT no communication like you tried misleadingly to make it seem.  He's apologized for his mistake so the best thing now is to stop griping and if you don't have the power supplies by the end of the week (because let's face it, shipping companies are not perfect either and they screw up royally sometimes too--my PSW would agree if he'd survived UPS's incompetence), then go from there.  The more you whine about it, the more ridiculous you look. :unsure:

5 minutes ago, mbarton2010 said:

Good ol derrick. Did we all agree that is what we are going to call noob mistakes? 

@1891Bro

"Well, I pulled a derrick and my tank crashed " ??. He hated me 

Gee, I wonder why. :rolleyes::P He does seem to get brought up a lot with noobish mistakes...

• Like 2
Just now, Lula_Mae said:

He's already said he'll ship them out asap.  Not sure what more you want.  Frankly I think you had some unreasonable expectations, particularly regarding communication times.  Like I said, 70 messages over 3 or 4 weeks is NOT no communication like you tried misleadingly to make it seem.  He's apologized for his mistake so the best thing now is to stop griping and if you don't have the power supplies by the end of the week (because let's face it, shipping companies are not perfect either and they screw up royally sometimes too--my PSW would agree if he'd survived UPS's incompetence), then go from there.  The more you whine about it, the more ridiculous you look. :unsure:

Gee, I wonder why. :rolleyes::P He does seem to get brought up a lot with noobish mistakes...

I'm done "whining" about it. Yeah the labor day weekend is def going to be cray but whatever. 

• Christopher Marks locked this topic