SaltCritters.com

Aqua One 35 Nano Tank

DominicDuffy

I have just got a little bit of water out of my container how do I go about getting my fish and corals out of the tank safely ? The container I’m using is food grade so should be fine

image.jpg

Yeah but Iv heard of live rock been sent in post damp that’s why I was thinking it would be ok.

People send live rock damp but it causes a huge cycle due to the die-off.  

That isn't very much water and clowns will be pooping in it. Probably need a bubbler in there for flow.

Fish get shipped in that amount of water but the bag is sealed with oxygen which drops the pH and ammonia isn't toxic at low pH. 

The corals would probably be okay in there alone with a bubbler but not sure about the fish. Not sure which way to go on this one, feels like a crap shoot to me.

Looks a lot less than it is on picture it is about 3 or 4 times the height of the clowns will I need to acclimate corals or heat water before putting corals in 

A heater would probably heat the water too much in something that small would be my concern in which case room temp is safer, if the salinity matches, I would not acclimate except to float the clowns in a bag to temp acclimate for maybe 5 min if there is a big difference in temp. Otherwise in they go.

Do your corals look stressed? If not, you could try riding it out for a bit. Ammonia 0.25-0.50 isn't a HUGE amount. The clowns may be hiding because you changed the scape and spooked them too. I would probably be temped to just observe for awhile, especially if the corals look ok.

51 minutes ago, DominicDuffy said:

Looks darker on picture but I’d say between 0.25 and 0.50 ppm. What shall I do because I’d dont have no spare saltwater as I did water change soon as I seen fish not swimming.

0ED6A9A9-6E79-4FDD-B2C5-700EF07353F0.jpeg

Many ppl re aquascape without issue. Rocks can be out of water for a certain time and not cause a spike in ammonia.

Something is going on. What epoxy did you use?

That epoxy has a warning when used in stocked tanks. Using large amounts at one time is not advised.

I used it in the past but won't anymore. It clouded my 55g badly and i only used small amounts.

https://www.theaquariumsolution.com/product/3036/105

Always read the enclosed instructions properly before use.

CAUTION: Do not over manipulate in the tank in stocked aquariums as this may result in excessive clouding of the water due to the release of non-toxic talc fillers.

This excessive clouding may reduce oxygen, especially on smaller tanks and in 1:5000 cases can result in distress to fish and invertebrates or in extreme cases loss of livestock. If clouding occurs stop use immediately and aerate the aquarium. 

Clouding is generally the result of continually trying to reposition an overhanging or off balanced coral that is unsupported whilst the epoxy starts to set.

Its not like an airstone fixes the water, it helps but nothing is magical.

Do the corals look really stressed out? If not. I would just leave them and test ammonia again in a couple hours. You may need to wake up in the middle of the night to check on your tank.

I would just watch and wait. Moving them is more stress but if ammonia increases more, may be necessary. I'm kind of hoping the ammonia will stabilize. 

Lesson for others, only use a small amount of epoxy at a time and glue 1 rock... wait a few days.. do the next.. and so on.

Anything fast in this hobby is always bad.

The air stone is driving the skimmer. Adding an air stone directly to the display would increase the oxygen more.

Your tank is only a few months old, it's easy for things to happen fast.

I would retest in a few hrs and monitor.

Purchase prime and have it on hand in the event there is an emergency and it's needed.

I’m going to take airstone out of skimmer and put in display now. Just put on Facebook that I need some prime so hopefully someone will have some for me tonight and I’ll go pick up. Also thanks for the advice I’ll retest ammonia in about an hour.