SaltCritters.com

Gena's IM Nuvo Fusion 10

gena

38 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Beautiful as always.

12 minutes ago, cju84 said:

^^

Thank you both!

Just ran out for a bit and came back and looked at the tank.  That fiji leather is soooooo ugly :lol:.  Hahaha.....oh well.  Let's see what it can do in it's new position.  The countdown is on :).

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gena said:

If I remember right, it hasn't been happy for awhile.  Maybe even when it was in the 20 long tank.  It just started browning out on me.  That's why when I moved it to this tank it went to the back, cuz it was brown.  Maybe a little less than 2 months isn't enough time to give it.  But, it's had a couple of years now really LOL.  We'll see.  I may look for a different sort of leather to replace it.  Felicia was mentioning that she has trouble with the fiji leathers doing well.  And I think I remember reading they are a more difficult leather.  Like maybe they prefer SPS tank conditions????  Something like that.  I'm sure I'll end up replacing it cuz there is definitely not SPS conditions in my tank LOL.

Thanks, teeny!!!!  I most likely won't keep all those trumpets, but they are there for now.  They add some nice color until I find things at RAP to replace them.

:flower:

:lol: Yeah no SPS conditions here!  Montis and maaaaybe a milli are all I'm interested in trying because I like easy.  I bet a nice toadstool or devil's hand would look great in there!

• Like 1
On 14/08/2017 at 2:24 PM, gena said:

First day of school...back to the grind.  Lazy summer days are over LOL.  Oh well....I do like having a schedule again :).

Here's a short video of the tank......

think  hear a "cat fish" somewhere in this tank? listen closely

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just checked out your video, and i DO see the yellow leather peeking out.   Not sure if it's the angle, or if it recently started browning, but it actually doesn't look too bad!  Oh, well, if you're sick of it, like someone said, there's always toadstools that are pretty cool.  A couple weeks ago, LA DD had this toadstool with a green base and white polyps that looked really cool!  I wanted to get it, but there wasn't anything else I wanted at the time to get to the free shipping.  Ugh.  Anyways, it's in the aquacultured section,  cultured by Biota, I believe.  If it ever pops out again, I'll sound the alarm!  haha.

On another note, your video makes your blasto's look AMAZING!  Gotta tell myself, my tank is SOFTY ONLY lol

13 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

:lol: Yeah no SPS conditions here!  Montis and maaaaybe a milli are all I'm interested in trying because I like easy.  I bet a nice toadstool or devil's hand would look great in there!

Nope...not here either, for sure LOL.  And I like it that way :D.

8 hours ago, jamie1210 said:

Just checked out your video, and i DO see the yellow leather peeking out.   Not sure if it's the angle, or if it recently started browning, but it actually doesn't look too bad!  Oh, well, if you're sick of it, like someone said, there's always toadstools that are pretty cool.  A couple weeks ago, LA DD had this toadstool with a green base and white polyps that looked really cool!  I wanted to get it, but there wasn't anything else I wanted at the time to get to the free shipping.  Ugh.  Anyways, it's in the aquacultured section,  cultured by Biota, I believe.  If it ever pops out again, I'll sound the alarm!  haha.

On another note, your video makes your blasto's look AMAZING!  Gotta tell myself, my tank is SOFTY ONLY lol

The base is yellow but the top is brown.  I actually LOVE how it looks in the new position.  I think I may give it more than 2 months to look good LOL.  It was hard placing it yesterday because it was all scrunched up.  I wasn't sure which way to turn it to make sure when it expanded that it wouldn't shade the corals around it.  Well.....I got it RIGHT!!!!  It's in the perfect position now.  Just needs to look pretty again.  Even brown, it's not too bad.  Let's see if I can get it to it's pretty yellow again :wub:.  I do love the fiji yellow leathers!!!!!  I'll post a pic I took of it this morning, below.

12 hours ago, MarieH said:

think  hear a "cat fish" somewhere in this tank? listen closely

Hahaha...Yes, you do!!!  That's Nicky.  He's the noisiest cat EVER :lol:.  He is seriously ridiculously vocal.  But we love him to death.  He's a sweetie :wub:.

5995ba6faf0b3_ScreenShot2017-08-17at8_35_12AM.thumb.png.af76fe3bc83db347f0587da49920c04f.png

• Like 11
8 hours ago, jamie1210 said:

They also had a purple base with green polyps toadie that was gorgeous! Gena, yours really does look good in that position! Hope it decides to color back up for you.

Nicky is so cute! :wub: metrokat is fostering some kitties and has a tan one that reminds me of him.

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
16 hours ago, gena said:

Oh and I got a text from Felicia and saw in my email.  It's official.  MACNA is in Las Vegas next year.  CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Yay! Another MACNA close by, I should be able to go next year! omgomgomg 

This tank is really looking great Gena, I love the video you shot during feeding time. You've built another masterpiece!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

They also had a purple base with green polyps toadie that was gorgeous! Gena, yours really does look good in that position! Hope it decides to color back up for you.

Nicky is so cute! :wub: metrokat is fostering some kitties and has a tan one that reminds me of him.

Thank you!!!!!  I'm so glad I decided to move it.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get it looking pretty yellow again!!!!  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can :lol:.

I swear, it was just yesterday that they were still this little :wub:

5995c0029c0f3_ScreenShot2017-08-17at9_07_11AM.png.59de3fd93991833d0a0a90fb510e4d59.png

2 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Yay! Another MACNA close by, I should be able to go next year! omgomgomg 

This tank is really looking great Gena, I love the video you shot during feeding time. You've built another masterpiece!

OMG....it's soooo exciting :happydance:.  As soon as tickets and reservations are available...I am booking.  Can't wait!!!  Looking forward to seeing you guys again..you have to be there :D.  And thank you for the very nice compliment on the tank :).

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

I'll have to make sure hubby allows enough time in visits for that lol.  I bet she would take you for a ride!  I've only been to the shore a couple of times but it would be neat to ride a boat around there!

How far are you from Connecticut?  How many hours?

I just grabbed another pic of the tank.  The fiji leather LOVES it's new spot.  I didn't even realize it was that big LOL.  I hope it doesn't expand too much more than that :D.

5995e7f329f0e_ScreenShot2017-08-17at11_50_44AM.thumb.png.29d46679b3f85e188fa7862640a7d697.png

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, gena said:

I just grabbed another pic of the tank.  The fiji leather LOVES it's new spot.  I didn't even realize it was that big LOL.  I hope it doesn't expand too much more than that :D.

5995e7f329f0e_ScreenShot2017-08-17at11_50_44AM.thumb.png.29d46679b3f85e188fa7862640a7d697.png

About 800 miles. :mellow: So at least 12 hours lol.

Fiji leather gonna be like this with your corals...

6254-MEME-8211-Excuse-me-coming-through.

:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

About 800 miles. :mellow: So at least 12 hours lol.

Fiji leather gonna be like this with your corals...

6254-MEME-8211-Excuse-me-coming-through.

:lol:

Oh boy...that's far :o.  Well, at some point we'll have to try to make it work.

And that meme :lol:.  It's totally true.

2 minutes ago, gena said:

Oh boy...that's far :o.  Well, at some point we'll have to try to make it work.

And that meme :lol:.  It's totally true.

Yeah, my dad and I went up a couple weekends ago to move most of mine and my husband's stuff.  He should be joining me here by the end of next month, fingers crossed!  But I hope to get up there for holidays and such, at least a couple times a year.  I like my in-laws. :happy:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Yeah, my dad and I went up a couple weekends ago to move most of mine and my husband's stuff.  He should be joining me here by the end of next month, fingers crossed!  But I hope to get up there for holidays and such, at least a couple times a year.  I like my in-laws. :happy:

Awesome!  Now we just have to move there LOL.  There's a job opening now, but I'm not pulling my son out of school now...it's his senior year.  We waited this long, we can wait a little longer.  They said to just let them know when we are ready :D.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gena said:

Awesome!  Now we just have to move there LOL.  There's a job opening now, but I'm not pulling my son out of school now...it's his senior year.  We waited this long, we can wait a little longer.  They said to just let them know when we are ready :D.

Yeah moving senior year would suck lol.  It's nice up there and lots of history so I'm sure you'll love it!  I lived a few blocks from the Mark Twain house.  Really cool place to visit!

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, gena said:

Yeah moving senior year would suck lol.  It's nice up there and lots of history so I'm sure you'll love it!  I lived a few blocks from the Mark Twain house.  Really cool place to visit!

Edit: I have no idea why this double posted... :unsure:

15 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I'm really looking forward to exploring New England.  I love that whole area.  I grew up in the midwest, but I'm an east coast girl.  It's just more my style.   My older brother lives in Fairfax, VA. which isnt too far away either.  I want to be able to visit him whenever I want and go to Washington, DC again.  See it all :D

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, gena said:

I'm really looking forward to exploring New England.  I love that whole area.  I grew up in the midwest, but I'm an east coast girl.  It's just more my style.   My older brother lives in Fairfax, VA. which isnt too far away either.  I want to be able to visit him whenever I want and go to Washington, DC again.  See it all :D

Best part--maple syrup and maple sugar candies! :lol:  I'm a Carolina girl for life (as I sit here with my North Carolina Tervis tumbler in front of me lol) and have no desire to live elsewhere, so I understand!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lula_Mae said:

Best part--maple syrup and maple sugar candies! :lol:  I'm a Carolina girl for life (as I sit here with my North Carolina Tervis tumbler in front of me lol) and have no desire to live elsewhere, so I understand!

That's awesome :).  It's so nice when you are exactly where you want to be!  You are lucky!  My husband is the maple syrup/sugar candies king.  He loves the stuff.  I love the syrup but never got into the candy. 

1 hour ago, gena said:

That's awesome :).  It's so nice when you are exactly where you want to be!  You are lucky!  My husband is the maple syrup/sugar candies king.  He loves the stuff.  I love the syrup but never got into the candy. 

I'd never tried it before I first visited and my future in-laws had a left a box of the candies on the table for me.  Yum!  But sooo sweet.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, gena said:

Color that thing up and it'll be a great centerpiece!  Look'n lovely! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jack1978 said:

Color that thing up and it'll be a great centerpiece!  Look'n lovely! 

Thanks, Jack!  I'm gonna do my best!!!!  It's already looking more amazing than it did at the back top of the tank.  I think it was too confined up there.  It's really spreading out now and more polyps were out today than I've seen before.  I think it's gonna be alright :happy:.  Sooo glad I decided to move it.  Sometimes whims work out perfectly :lol:.

• Like 1

Wow!  That fiji leather sure perked up fast.  Seemed it just needed a different spot.  I think you need to keep it now.  If it spreads out too large, just trim some off of the rim.  Before you know it, it will be yellow again!

I heard Nicky in the video too.  What a cutie and he's so big now!  I love his gorgeous cream colored fur!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Felicia said:

Wow!  That fiji leather sure perked up fast.  Seemed it just needed a different spot.  I think you need to keep it now.  If it spreads out too large, just trim some off of the rim.  Before you know it, it will be yellow again!

I heard Nicky in the video too.  What a cutie and he's so big now!  I love his gorgeous cream colored fur!

Yeah it did!  Pretty amazing :).  Glad I didn't just take it to my LFS without trying a new spot first! 

Nicky is a hoot LOL.  He definitely has a personality.

Here's an updated picture from yesterday.  I think it's expanded to it's fullest size at this point.  Any future expansion will meet with my coral shears LOL.

• Like 8