inTank Media Baskets

Gena's IM Nuvo Fusion 10

gena

1 minute ago, Sancho said:

Wow just saw this. Not to surprised that the drop offs had issues. IM needs to stick with glass. Tank looks amazing as usual. 

Thanks, Sancho!  It was a lesson learned.  But really, in the end, I made out pretty well :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, gena said:

Now was it the peninsula drop-off or the panorama drop-off? LOL

I haven't seen a peninsula in person yet.  I think they are similar dimensions though.  Are you going to get one?  They make them in glass now.  Due to issues with the acrylic.  Mine bowed, and the replacement for that leaked :wacko:.

What?????? Leaking and bowing eh? I remember about 7 months ago there was a bunch of speculation on that. 

The one one I saw Was the exact one you had the abyss panorama. Is that right? The abyss peninsula has a really tiny almost impractical filtration system gross!

14 hours ago, I'm Batman said:

What?????? Leaking and bowing eh? I remember about 7 months ago there was a bunch of speculation on that. 

The one one I saw Was the exact one you had the abyss panorama. Is that right? The abyss peninsula has a really tiny almost impractical filtration system gross!

Yep, I had the abyss panorama.  Nice and big back chambers.  Sounds like the peninsula is more like my 10 gallon back chambers...so tiny!  I somehow managed to get one of my rimless tank lid holders in the back pump chamber.  I have small hands and no way can I get my hand in there to reach it.  I'll have to wait until I clean the pump and then get it.  Ridiculously small back there LOL. 

First day of school...back to the grind.  Lazy summer days are over LOL.  Oh well....I do like having a schedule again :).

Here's a short video of the tank......

• Like 11
1 hour ago, gena said:

First day of school...back to the grind.  Lazy summer days are over LOL.  Oh well....I do like having a schedule again :).

Everything looks so poofy and happy. 

And I love the green hair sweater on the MP10!! :lol:

Always nice to see another tank update from you. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, gena said:

I spy a shy guy peeking at the bottom!  I have some pastel pink zoas similar to the small pink colony on the right (between the green ones and the bright pink ones).  Love my pink zoa collection!

• Like 1

Your tank looks amazing gena, just like all your tanks do.  You probably have mentioned this but are you liking this size tank and dimensions?  I had to laugh at the snail with the HA sweater.

• Like 2
On 8/10/2017 at 9:06 PM, Pjanssen said:

How did I miss this? Oh well, all caught up. Tank looks awesome.

^this, me too! 

The tank is beautiful of course but I have to adjust to a new perspective. In the video the shot of the blastos and trumpets looked like a really pretty corner of the tank, and then you zoomed out and I realized that was almost the whole tank :lol:

• Like 2

I always thought neon green candy canes were the best , but now after seeing your tank, I really want the teal colored ones as well! Love your tank-everything is just so puffy! :)

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Everything looks so poofy and happy. 

And I love the green hair sweater on the MP10!! :lol:

Always nice to see another tank update from you. 

Thanks, Weets :flower:

19 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

I spy a shy guy peeking at the bottom!  I have some pastel pink zoas similar to the small pink colony on the right (between the green ones and the bright pink ones).  Love my pink zoa collection!

He's a peeker LOL.  I think you are referring to my petroglyphs.  One of my favorites.  I have the brighter pink (can never remember the name), the green, the petros, then on teh other side I have miami vice and rainbows.  I think that's it for z's and p's.

19 hours ago, vlangel said:

Your tank looks amazing gena, just like all your tanks do.  You probably have mentioned this but are you liking this size tank and dimensions?  I had to laugh at the snail with the HA sweater.

Thanks, Dawn :flower:.  I do LOVE this tank.  Size and dimensions.  It's just perfect for me.  I need to do some trimming though :huh:.  I'll be saying that a lot I think :lol:.

17 hours ago, teenyreef said:

^this, me too! 

The tank is beautiful of course but I have to adjust to a new perspective. In the video the shot of the blastos and trumpets looked like a really pretty corner of the tank, and then you zoomed out and I realized that was almost the whole tank :lol:

Thanks, teeny!!!!  You know JUST how small this tank really is.  It's cool though.

10 hours ago, jamie1210 said:

I always thought neon green candy canes were the best , but now after seeing your tank, I really want the teal colored ones as well! Love your tank-everything is just so puffy! :)

I'm a big fan of the candy canes.  I was JUST in your tank thread...I adore your softy tank.  It's perfect.  And the trumpets would fit so well in there.  If I remember right..you are in SoCal right?  Are you going to Reefapalooza in October?  I just made reservations at the Hilton Anaheim for it...gonna make a weekend of it.  They've moved it to the Anaheim Convention Center.  Should be AWESOME!  Much better than the OC fairgrounds.  I was never a fan of it being there.  I think this will be much more like a MACNA show :happydance: .  My friend, Felicia (NR member), is coming down for it too.   Should be a fun time!!!!!  Anyways, the main reason I brought that up is I don't have room in my tank for more coral...BUT....I have a yellow fiji leather that I'm going to trade in and then move those turquoise trumpets up to the fiji's position.  Then I have some open real estate to add something new from RAP :happydance:.  I'm thinking either a new blasto or some more Zs and Ps. 

Thanks for checking out my tank thread!!!!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, gena said:

Thanks, Weets :flower:

He's a peeker LOL.  I think you are referring to my petroglyphs.  One of my favorites.  I have the brighter pink (can never remember the name), the green, the petros, then on teh other side I have miami vice and rainbows.  I think that's it for z's and p's.

Thanks, Dawn :flower:.  I do LOVE this tank.  Size and dimensions.  It's just perfect for me.  I need to do some trimming though :huh:.  I'll be saying that a lot I think :lol:.

Thanks, teeny!!!!  You know JUST how small this tank really is.  It's cool though.

I'm a big fan of the candy canes.  I was JUST in your tank thread...I adore your softy tank.  It's perfect.  And the trumpets would fit so well in there.  If I remember right..you are in SoCal right?  Are you going to Reefapalooza in October?  I just made reservations at the Hilton Anaheim for it...gonna make a weekend of it.  They've moved it to the Anaheim Convention Center.  Should be AWESOME!  Much better than the OC fairgrounds.  I was never a fan of it being there.  I think this will be much more like a MACNA show :happydance: .  My friend, Felicia (NR member), is coming down for it too.   Should be a fun time!!!!!  Anyways, the main reason I brought that up is I don't have room in my tank for more coral...BUT....I have a yellow fiji leather that I'm going to trade in and then move those turquoise trumpets up to the fiji's position.  Then I have some open real estate to add something new from RAP :happydance:.  I'm thinking either a new blasto or some more Zs and Ps. 

Thanks for checking out my tank thread!!!!

That might be them!  I don't have petroglyphs (yet...they are soooo pretty!) but maybe someday!  I used to have some miami vice type from Coral Morphologic wayyyy back before they started calling them Miami Vice lol.  I couldn't keep z's & p's alive back then though. :(

• Like 1
7 hours ago, gena said:

Aww, too bad about the yellow fiji leather.  They are one of my favorite softies--a true necessity in a softy tank! (even though I know, i Know, your tank's not a softy tank haha)  Actually, TBH, I'm looking at your FTS, and I don't see it.  Is it hiding behind the gorgs??  Either way, with it gone, it will free up lots of real estate for RAP.  Speaking of, yup, me and the husband are definitely going!  It's something we look forward to every year.  Should be interesting with the new location.  We're in the SGV, so it's not too far from us :) 

4 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

That might be them!  I don't have petroglyphs (yet...they are soooo pretty!) but maybe someday!  I used to have some miami vice type from Coral Morphologic wayyyy back before they started calling them Miami Vice lol.  I couldn't keep z's & p's alive back then though. :(

I loved Coral Morphologic back in the day!  I used to get a lot of my Eco Gorgs from them.  But for some reason, they are no longer around??  Do you know what happened to them?

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, jamie1210 said:

Aww, too bad about the yellow fiji leather.  They are one of my favorite softies--a true necessity in a softy tank! (even though I know, i Know, your tank's not a softy tank haha)  Actually, TBH, I'm looking at your FTS, and I don't see it.  Is it hiding behind the gorgs??  Either way, with it gone, it will free up lots of real estate for RAP.  Speaking of, yup, me and the husband are definitely going!  It's something we look forward to every year.  Should be interesting with the new location.  We're in the SGV, so it's not too far from us :) 

I loved Coral Morphologic back in the day!  I used to get a lot of my Eco Gorgs from them.  But for some reason, they are no longer around??  Do you know what happened to them?

They changed their name to Aquascapers but I think they stopped selling corals to focus on some sort of reef conservation stuff.  I'm bummed because they had the best WYSIWYG ricordeas and St. Thomas mushrooms in the business!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

They changed their name to Aquascapers but I think they stopped selling corals to focus on some sort of reef conservation stuff.  I'm bummed because they had the best WYSIWYG ricordeas and St. Thomas mushrooms in the business!

Yeah, I got some of their vice zoas during the couple times they were open. I seem to recall Gena was the one that let me know when they were taking orders at least one of those times. They are still some of my favorite zoas. I lost a few of them along the way which makes me bitter since they just can't be replaced.

These are the Aquafresh Vice zoas. After keeping them in various tanks for about two years, they are finally happy in the 40g and have started to multiply. This picture is from about eight months ago, and I've got about a dozen polyps now :D

Aquafresh Vice Zoas

• Like 4
56 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Yeah, I got some of their vice zoas during the couple times they were open. I seem to recall Gena was the one that let me know when they were taking orders at least one of those times. They are still some of my favorite zoas. I lost a few of them along the way which makes me bitter since they just can't be replaced.

These are the Aquafresh Vice zoas. After keeping them in various tanks for about two years, they are finally happy in the 40g and have started to multiply. This picture is from about eight months ago, and I've got about a dozen polyps now :D

Aquafresh Vice Zoas

If they ever populate enough to frag, I know someone who'd be interested.... ;)

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

They are super hardy so if you ever get the chance to grab them, you should :D.   Plus they are so pretty...in a different sort of way. 

16 hours ago, jamie1210 said:

Yeah, if I had more space I'd keep it and try to nurse it back to it's former glory.  It's ugly brown and hardly ever has polyps out.  It's just not getting the light it needs.  I have the light fixture to keep it happy but I can't turn it up or I'll melt everything else.  It's hidden at the very top in the back.  The gorgonians block it's view from the front.  I think in the video you can see it when I pan to the right side of the tank.  Look for ugly brown at the top center back LOL.  I'm going to do a water change today.  I'll try really hard to work it in the aquascape, with more light, so I don't have to get rid of it.  It won't be easy though LOL.

We'll have to make plans to meet up at RAP!  I'm really looking forward to it.  Last time I went, it was just for a few hours on a Saturday.  This time I'm staying for the whole thing.  Gonna try to go see all the speakers, etc. 

Ugh...Coral Morphologic...my favorite of all time.  Why did they have to leave us????? :tears:.  Yeah, they were awesome.  I ordered so much from them and they always had the neatest pieces.  Pricey but well worth it.  They came back for a little bit.  But then left again.  I think they are doing a lot with conservation now.  Actually, I just went to their website aquascapers.com.  Unless it's not been updated recently???  It says their online store is coming soon.  Maybe, hopefully, they'll be back again fingerscrossed.

15 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

YES...this!!!! :)

11 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Aquafresh Vice Zoas

Those and teenylettis :wub:

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, gena said:

They are super hardy so if you ever get the chance to grab them, you should :D.   Plus they are so pretty...in a different sort of way. 

Yeah, if I had more space I'd keep it and try to nurse it back to it's former glory.  It's ugly brown and hardly ever has polyps out.  It's just not getting the light it needs.  I have the light fixture to keep it happy but I can't turn it up or I'll melt everything else.  It's hidden at the very top in the back.  The gorgonians block it's view from the front.  I think in the video you can see it when I pan to the right side of the tank.  Look for ugly brown at the top center back LOL.  I'm going to do a water change today.  I'll try really hard to work it in the aquascape, with more light, so I don't have to get rid of it.  It won't be easy though LOL.

We'll have to make plans to meet up at RAP!  I'm really looking forward to it.  Last time I went, it was just for a few hours on a Saturday.  This time I'm staying for the whole thing.  Gonna try to go see all the speakers, etc. 

Ugh...Coral Morphologic...my favorite of all time.  Why did they have to leave us????? :tears:.  Yeah, they were awesome.  I ordered so much from them and they always had the neatest pieces.  Pricey but well worth it.  They came back for a little bit.  But then left again.  I think they are doing a lot with conservation now.  Actually, I just went to their website aquascapers.com.  Unless it's not been updated recently???  It says their online store is coming soon.  Maybe, hopefully, they'll be back again fingerscrossed.

YES...this!!!! :)

Those and teenylettis :wub:

Sadly the website has said the store is coming soon for a good long while now.  I keep checking periodically in hopes that livestock will magically appear one day lol.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Sadly the website has said the store is coming soon for a good long while now.  I keep checking periodically in hopes that livestock will magically appear one day lol.

Awwww....shucks.  I refuse to give up hope :lol:.  They are just too awesome to never come back.

• Like 2

I just finished up with an unplanned water change.   I wanted to rearrange some things.  Mainly my goal was to move the fiji leather from the back to the front to try and get it to color back up again.  I managed that with a little force...it was attached to the rock a bit LOL.  So it's in the new position.  I had to break up my trumpets to get them to fit in their new places.  I have a few new frags :D.  So the fiji has less than two months to convince me to keep it.  Otherwise I'll be finding something new to take it's place, when I go to RAP.  I already have quite a few new spots opened to add some new z's and p's :happydance:.   Here's a picture.   Tank is a bit cloudy and slimy.  I also removed some xenia.  That was messy :scarry:

Oh and I got a text from Felicia and saw in my email.  It's official.  MACNA is in Las Vegas next year.  CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 4.04.33 PM.png

• Like 8
8 minutes ago, gena said:

I just finished up with an unplanned water change.   I wanted to rearrange some things.  Mainly my goal was to move the fiji leather from the back to the front to try and get it to color back up again.  I managed that with a little force...it was attached to the rock a bit LOL.  So it's in the new position.  I had to break up my trumpets to get them to fit in their new places.  I have a few new frags :D.  So the fiji has less than two months to convince me to keep it.  Otherwise I'll be finding something new to take it's place, when I go to RAP.  I already have quite a few new spots opened to add some new z's and p's :happydance:.   Here's a picture.   Tank is a bit cloudy and slimy.  I also removed some xenia.  That was messy :scarry:

Oh and I got a text from Felicia and saw in my email.  It's official.  MACNA is in Las Vegas next year.  CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 4.04.33 PM.png

Your poor leather! It really hasn't loved the change. At least everything else did lol. Hope it colors back up for you and gets happy again!

15 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Your poor leather! It really hasn't loved the change. At least everything else did lol. Hope it colors back up for you and gets happy again!

If I remember right, it hasn't been happy for awhile.  Maybe even when it was in the 20 long tank.  It just started browning out on me.  That's why when I moved it to this tank it went to the back, cuz it was brown.  Maybe a little less than 2 months isn't enough time to give it.  But, it's had a couple of years now really LOL.  We'll see.  I may look for a different sort of leather to replace it.  Felicia was mentioning that she has trouble with the fiji leathers doing well.  And I think I remember reading they are a more difficult leather.  Like maybe they prefer SPS tank conditions????  Something like that.  I'm sure I'll end up replacing it cuz there is definitely not SPS conditions in my tank LOL.

11 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I like the new scape. If the leather colors up, it will be a beautiful centerpiece!

Thanks, teeny!!!!  I most likely won't keep all those trumpets, but they are there for now.  They add some nice color until I find things at RAP to replace them.

3 minutes ago, GregEmmitte said:

:flower:

• Like 3