Top Shelf Aquatics

Deciding on first tank - Nano

Heardjya

Time to look up all these lighting brands! No plans for larger tank any time soon, seeing HOA won't allow.. but multiple tanks.. that's a different story. Haha

Just updating. I have all my equipment coming in very very soon. Hoping after work, today, to start putting it all together.

I went with the Nuvo 20. Replacing the stock pump with a sicce micra plus. A heater, still deciding which skimmer to get, and tunze Nanostream 6040 for flow. Real reef is my rock type and deciding sand when I see the rock. I'm thinking black sand. Opinions? I ended up getting the ai prime HD. For the price, it allowed the control I wanted.

Have to design my aquascape rock formation, now! Haha

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Heardjya said:

Just updating. I have all my equipment coming in very very soon. Hoping after work, today, to start putting it all together.

I went with the Nuvo 20. Replacing the stock pump with a sicce micra plus. A heater, still deciding which skimmer to get, and tunze Nanostream 6040 for flow. Real reef is my rock type and deciding sand when I see the rock. I'm thinking black sand. Opinions? I ended up getting the ai prime HD. For the price, it allowed the control I wanted.

Have to design my aquascape rock formation, now! Haha

good choices!  Skimmer isn't completely necessary in a tank that size, weekly water changes will do just as well.

• Like 1

My cycle has started. Went with fiji pink sand.. I have about 20.39 lbs of real reef in here. It looks awesome. Cloudy, but pretty excited for that.. sand depth varies from 1in to 1.75 inches. I think I'll start considering the skimmer and all that jazz after my cycle phase. Stand by for picture... after cloud disappears. This is extremely exciting to me.

• Like 2

I buy almost everything second hand! in the UK gumtree is absolutely loaded with all kinds of aquarium equipment going cheap.  So many people start this hobby without doing any research and are just lazy or stupid. So much brand new equipment is sold of cheap within the first couple of months when they realise how much work is involved or loose fish after fish.

Here's how it looks.. the picture doesn't quite show the 3d appearance in person, but I'm happy with it! Decided on two clowns, a redhawk (cautiously), and a standard cleanup crew.. the cycle has begun!

20170608_064652.jpg