SaltCritters.com

My journey to serenity

Minmay

40 minutes ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Thanks :) It's pretty fun collecting them.  I was mostly just shocked to see the clown back there because my bc29 has a hood still, so he made it through the gap between the lid and the wall that divides the filtration from the rest of the tank-- not a very big gap.

Yes, im sure it is. I cant wait for reefapalooza to come out here in California ao I can look for some nice blastos. O wow! He was determined to see what was back there lol

• 1 month later...

Every Wed I feed my corals. Few hours later I do my routine WC. My fav coral so far that I have is my blasto. The pic is after I fed him. Trying to win more blastos off ebay and do local pick up. Hopefully I'll win this toxic spill blasto that im watching. 

IMG_9900-01.jpeg

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Minmay said:

Every Wed I feed my corals. Few hours later I do my routine WC. My fav coral so far that I have is my blasto. The pic is after I fed him. Trying to win more blastos off ebay and do local pick up. Hopefully I'll win this toxic spill blasto that im watching. 

IMG_9900-01.jpeg

Legendary Corals and Cherry Corals have some very nice blastos, but can be kinda pricey.  I recently got some from LiveAquaria's Diver's Den section that survived four days in the back of a UPS truck over the weekend! :o

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Legendary Corals and Cherry Corals have some very nice blastos, but can be kinda pricey.  I recently got some from LiveAquaria's Diver's Den section that survived four days in the back of a UPS truck over the weekend! :o

I'll check them out thanks! Legendary corals is 8hr drive...maybe I can plan a weekend trip. Wow! 4 days and it survived! Thats a spunky coral. It wasnt gonna go out like that lol. 

3 hours ago, Minmay said:

I'll check them out thanks! Legendary corals is 8hr drive...maybe I can plan a weekend trip. Wow! 4 days and it survived! Thats a spunky coral. It wasnt gonna go out like that lol. 

Haha nope!  Had purple anthelia and a green porcelain crab survive too but the crab died when the airline got knocked out of the quarantine tank and left it with no circulation while my parents babysat it. :tears:

9 hours ago, Minmay said:

IMG_9900-01.jpeg

Very nice!!

I love Blastos myself, hope you get some good new ones. 

Nice to see you around, have missed your noseprints on my tank! :P

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Very nice!!

I love Blastos myself, hope you get some good new ones. 

Nice to see you around, have missed your noseprints on my tank! :P

Thank you. Reefapalooza is coming in Oct so I hope to also find some unusual ones there too. I've been MIA for several weeks. Work has been busy. Then I took a break from work to play in Vegas and all hell broke loose there lol but Im back now and will be able to stalk ppl again lol 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Since I was in the area I stopped by my fav LFS (aquatic warehouse in San Diego) looking around I saw they had a frag of purple candy canes and blasto merletti (i think) the other blasto (electric chews) I won off of ebay from Aqua SD. The purple candy cane has 2 heads but cant see the other head in pic. It looks like it needs some "saving" which is fine cuz I have saved candy canes in the past that was worse off then this. I have another Fluval 13.5 that I have recently unboxed. I will eventually turn that into a blasto tank. Getting it ready for Reefapalooza in Oct. Hopefully i can find some cool/unusual blastos there. 

IMG_2017-08-27_12-53-50.JPG

• Like 4

Staring at my tank today and noticed that one of my candy cane has a second mouth! Yay, I hope this is a good sign that it will split into a second head?

20170829_130031.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So one of the heads on my peach hammer was bleaching. Move it down from the rock onto the sandbed and put it underneath a lil shade. I bought mysis amd started feeding it. It seems to look like color is slowly coming back. Still needs some xtra loving tho. 

On 8/17/2017 at 9:14 AM, Minmay said:

Thank you. Reefapalooza is coming in Oct so I hope to also find some unusual ones there too. I've been MIA for several weeks. Work has been busy. Then I took a break from work to play in Vegas and all hell broke loose there lol but Im back now and will be able to stalk ppl again lol 

Well you can make up for your absence by filling in for me now, kay?

Cause now I'm busy with work, lol. 

11 hours ago, Minmay said:

Hmmm...also noticed that my daisy cloves seem to be over growing my tri color cloves...imma have to figure something out cuz I like the tri-color cloves better

Dang, Blastos and Cloves, you have two of my faves!!!

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

Well you can make up for your absence by filling in for me now, kay?

Cause now I'm busy with work, lol. 

Dang, Blastos and Cloves, you have two of my faves!!!

Work always gets in the way in what we really wanna do doesnt it lol. I got your back tho Weetabix7. Haha, you wanna get some cloves from me. I have plenty. 

On 7/12/2017 at 7:18 PM, fishfreak0114 said:

20170702_113317_resized

:wub:

Sweet collection!

I'd like to see more pictures of the purple trumpets you picked up.  Do they put out sweepers?  I had a neat pink and green trumpet coral that I had to get rid of because it was super aggressive.  So far my turquoise and neon green have been very peaceful corals.  Curious about the temperament of the purple. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, gena said:

:wub:

Sweet collection!

I'd like to see more pictures of the purple trumpets you picked up.  Do they put out sweepers?  I had a neat pink and green trumpet coral that I had to get rid of because it was super aggressive.  So far my turquoise and neon green have been very peaceful corals.  Curious about the temperament of the purple. :)

So far, the purple one has been really good. I dont see any sweepers that come out at night. The only thing I see is tiny lil tentacles when it senses food. 

• Like 1

So far, the purple one has been really good. I dont see any sweepers that come out at night. The only thing I see is tiny lil tentacles when it senses food. 

That's good to know :).  Thanks!  Mine was so bad that sweepers would come out even during the day.  It was so mean LOL.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, gena said:

That's good to know :).  Thanks!  Mine was so bad that sweepers would come out even during the day.  It was so mean LOL.

Yw. Its still small so maybe when it matures it will get mean???

11 hours ago, gena said:

It was a mean girl! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Minmay said:

@gena here's the feeder tentacles out. I dont think I've ever seen sweeper tentacles out on any of my corals. Maybe the corals can sense that its not close to anything to fight with? 

01EF2D73--01.jpeg

Yeah, that's just normal feeding response. Mine had nasty ass long sweepers that terrorized everything around it LOL.  But my turquoise and neon are angels.  Go figure :).

Just now, Lula_Mae said:

It was a mean girl! :lol:

It was :lol:

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, gena said:

Yeah, that's just normal feeding response. Mine had nasty ass long sweepers that terrorized everything around it LOL.  But my turquoise and neon are angels.  Go figure :).

It was :lol:

Was it a red candy cane?? I've read that red ones are aggressive 

Was it a red candy cane?? I've read that red ones are aggressive 

Technically it probably was a red.  But it looked pink with a neon green center.

• Like 1

Today was the first time I ever saw a sweeper tentacle. It was from my hammer. It was really interesting to see. For some reason I got excited that it happened and scared at the same time lol

• Haha 1

I woke up this morning and saw that Mr. Big (cleaner shrimp) has passed away ???i only had him 5mo and 10 days. I checked params and everything was fine. IDK why he passed, maybe old age?? He was pretty big. 

• Sad 2