inTank Media Baskets

Spectras "Beer Inspired" 100 days contest tank........

spectra

Ok doing a tally on whats in the tank so far for livestock......................

Orange Spiny 15.00

Yellow Sea Whip 15.00

Dwarf Cerith 5.00

Ninja Stars 4.50

Cerith Snails 4.00

Yellow Clown Goby 8.00

Blue Chromis 5.00

Q  75.00

Random Zoas from a local shop 20.00

2 polyps of scrambled egg xoas 10.00 from a local reefer.

sympodium coral 10.00

Green Goni 20.00

Random Zoas off the 10.00 dollar rack at the local store.

Random macro from Gulf Coast was 20.00 as I bought a few and just split it between tanks.......so figured half the cost to this tank.

Green Polyp leather that was 10.00 bucks from a local.

Xenia :lol: was out of my 100 so will call it 10.00 hell I wouldn't pay for that shit........I think I got the frag for free anyway.......

Oh and some orange clove polyps that I paid 10.00 for a long time ago and are now grown out.......I ripped them out of my 100 hoping to kill them but no there still in there.......................:angry:

So add it all up and well 251.50.......................doesn't look like it to me :lol: maybe I should just blow the budget and add a Jawbreaker.........................or a bounce :lol: 

Well took some random shots as my aquaraclip or whatever its called showed up today........I like it.........easier than the safety glasses :lol: 

IMG_3767.JPG

IMG_3769.JPG

IMG_3770.JPG

IMG_3771.JPG

IMG_3772.JPG

IMG_3773.JPG

• Like 7

4 hours ago, spectra said:

Ok doing a tally on whats in the tank so far for livestock......................

Orange Spiny 15.00

Yellow Sea Whip 15.00

Dwarf Cerith 5.00

Ninja Stars 4.50

Cerith Snails 4.00

Yellow Clown Goby 8.00

Blue Chromis 5.00

Q  75.00

Random Zoas from a local shop 20.00

2 polyps of scrambled egg xoas 10.00 from a local reefer.

sympodium coral 10.00

Green Goni 20.00

Random Zoas off the 10.00 dollar rack at the local store.

Random macro from Gulf Coast was 20.00 as I bought a few and just split it between tanks.......so figured half the cost to this tank.

Green Polyp leather that was 10.00 bucks from a local.

Xenia :lol: was out of my 100 so will call it 10.00 hell I wouldn't pay for that shit........I think I got the frag for free anyway.......

Oh and some orange clove polyps that I paid 10.00 for a long time ago and are now grown out.......I ripped them out of my 100 hoping to kill them but no there still in there.......................:angry:

So add it all up and well 251.50.......................doesn't look like it to me :lol: maybe I should just blow the budget and add a Jawbreaker.........................or a bounce :lol: 

Well took some random shots as my aquaraclip or whatever its called showed up today........I like it.........easier than the safety glasses :lol: 

IMG_3767.JPG

IMG_3769.JPG

IMG_3770.JPG

IMG_3771.JPG

IMG_3772.JPG

IMG_3773.JPG

Love the macro / coral combo.....but what are you going to do when all that's left in your tank is the xenia? :D

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Type-H20 said:

Love the macro / coral combo.....but what are you going to do when all that's left in your tank is the xenia? :D

Oh well you haven't seen my 100 yet......................

Came home yesterday and my squamosa was closed.............................hell a piece of xenia was next to it................

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, spectra said:

Oh well you haven't seen my 100 yet......................

Came home yesterday and my squamosa was closed.............................hell a piece of xenia was next to it................

captivating and invasive; FU xenia

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Type-H20 said:

captivating and invasive; FU xenia

Oh yeah I wanted a back wall of it as I kind of like it...........................put a chunk of xenia on one side and GSP on the other.......................well GSP is now about 2" and well the xenia is a foot or more....................

1 minute ago, spectra said:

Oh yeah I wanted a back wall of it as I kind of like it...........................put a chunk of xenia on one side and GSP on the other.......................well GSP is now about 2" and well the xenia is a foot or more....................

It looks great.....if it would just chill 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi there

Almost time for the contest end in FOUR DAYS!!

Please post some pictures and a final FTS whenever you get a chance along with your challenges and observations.

Any equipment feedback would be great too.

And a summary of livestock with prices

Thanks

25 minutes ago, Pinner Reef said:

Bestest cutest fish award goes to you;)

Thanks! he is cute but hides.................I know where he is at and its funny he only moves about 6" total from one spot to another..........

I tossed a few shrimp in for feeding and well I go to find him and see a few whiskers sticking out of his mouth :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • 3 months later...

Well its been a while but Q is still around and well he ate the clown goby :lol: actually a few as I added another one...............oh and here he is doing pushups...............

Tank is dirty as I haven't even scraped the glass once since it was set up........still only one or two water changes and well floss was changed once and still looks great......Hell this little tank is great I don't so anything :lol:

IMG_4328.jpg

• Haha 3
Just now, spectra said:

Well its been a while but Q is still around and well he ate the clown goby :lol: actually a few as I added another one...............oh and here he is doing pushups...............

IMG_4328.jpg

Poor gobies! :(  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Poor gobies! :(  

A guy has to eat right ? Hell he like peppermint shrimp to............and small chromis :lol: I just get whatever I think he can fit in his mouth..............

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, spectra said:

A guy has to eat right ? Hell he like peppermint shrimp to............and small chromis :lol: I just get whatever I think he can fit in his mouth..............

How often do you feed him? 

Where's a FTS? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jack1978 said:

How often do you feed him? 

Where's a FTS? 

Whenever I get to the fish store :lol: he has an emergency shrimp in there but I think there buddys...........and he wont eat him.............added a few small chromis and a few more shrimp today.

FTS hell its a mess in there right now :lol: I could scrape the glass as it is a little dirty.......

Hell look at my big tank thread that what I spent most of the day on........I was ready to get other fish for my 14 today but Q came out of the rocks.......I tohugh he was a gonner as I haven't seen him in a while :(