Coral Vue Hydros

Spectras "Beer Inspired" 100 days contest tank........

spectra

Oh and yes my pump sounds like a box of rocks.......and I am deaf :huh: 

Just now, Lula_Mae said:

Not even for pics like this? :D

I just don't have the time......trying to follow everyone over here is hard enough :lol:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Oh and yes my pump sounds like a box of rocks.......and I am deaf :huh: 

I just don't have the time......trying to follow everyone over here is hard enough :lol:

lol that's for sure.  First thing I did when I joined the other day was follow a bunch of other hedgies. :lol:

The tank looks really nice, I think.  I think the big rock thing won't be as big a deal once corals and such start covering it.

• Like 2

Welcome to Friday :lol: pictures to come..........couldn't afford good beer after I paid for the box oh goodies.............nah not really I just like crappy beer :o 

IMG_3687.jpg

• Like 7

Need to go mow the lawn :angry: then can play in the fish tank............

ammonia 0

nitrites 0

nitrates 0

macros are turning green again so it looks like we made it over the hump.........time to load this thing up :blink: oh wait I cant get a tang in there :lol: dang it.........

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Boggers said:

:D, sorry I had to do it.

crooked_house.jpg

If I had to guess......Spectra built this house?

1 minute ago, spectra said:

Was that built by Jack :lol: looks like one of his half finished projects...........

Damn...you beat me to it :lol:

I thought it was one of your drunken builds.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, spectra said:

Was that built by Jack :lol: looks like one of his half finished projects...........

4 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

You guys crack me up!!

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

I try and not build while drinking :lol: 

Well I did consume a few while working on the stand for the 100..................it turned out OK I think..............

28 minutes ago, Boggers said:

It's in England and due to mining.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crooked_House

Good to see it wasn't torn down.

Sad that they could mine so close to a house though...........someone get lost underground maybe :unsure:

• Like 2

Well lawn is mowed......................need to clean up then time to play in the tank fingerscrossed 

Dang I need a landscaper :wacko: its a flippen jungle back there..........weeds galore and I am not talking xenia either :lol:

IMG_3692.jpg

• Like 7

Added a few things yesterday...........and one gorg melted.........so tank is a mess. Did another water change this morning and its slowly clearing up. Adding live phyto now so hopefully can get everything happy.

Received a free smart ATO nano from my local dealer that he had used on a previous IM tank he had on the counter. Well it wasn't totally free I gave him a few zoas and a Red Sea test kit that I absolutely hated........salifert for the win :lol: 

So in order to make it work I needed a place to store water........well a gallon and a half fits in a little container I found at a local store. Well didn't want to look at it so........had to find a basket to :rolleyes: yeah my OCD side is coming out........

anyway a few pics..........

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_3701.JPG

IMG_3700.JPG

• Like 8

Need to do a tally of prices so far..........

Purchased a few gorgonians and snails from KP

Orange Spiny 15.00

Yellow Sea Whip 15.00

Dwarf Cerith 5.00

Ninja Stars 4.50

Cerith Snails 4.00

Macro was attached to the rock in my sump and I also tossed a few zoas in from my big tank. Waiting on Ben for price confirmation............branching GSP came out of my 100 also and was actually a freebie from a local but probably 10.00 bucks for the frag as I hae seen them on ASDs sales for 5.00 for a frag.

Fish was 75.00 but not in there yet..........waiting for it to clear up a little more.

So including the fish I am at 118.50........I did purchase a few cheap zoas but not in the tank yet........so @jedimasterben get back to me on the cats eyes.......

• Like 5
Just now, stellablue said:

Looks great!! I like the basket too!!

I actually bought 2 baskets :lol: one was smaller and taking it back for another one that size.........it can hold all my fish shit that's on the bottom of the table.......not having any doors on that table sucks but I like the minimal appearance.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, spectra said:

I actually bought 2 baskets :lol: one was smaller and taking it back for another one that size.........it can hold all my fish shit that's on the bottom of the table.......not having any doors on that table sucks but I like the minimal appearance.

I never thought about baskets to hold fish stuff!  I've been using cardboard boxes and a little plastic storage tub lol.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I never thought about baskets to hold fish stuff!  I've been using cardboard boxes and a little plastic storage tub lol.

Yeah if I can kind of hide it well........I wanted one with a top but hey this was on sale for 10 bucks so I got it........

• Like 2
Just now, Coral_chef said:

Looking good!

Thanks!  But..............

Not sure after seeing that pic :lol: I need a filter to get better pics.........I hate cell phones........I didn't realize how crappy it looked.......

• Like 1
Coral_chef
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Not sure after seeing that pic :lol: I need a filter to get better pics.........I hate cell phones........I didn't realize how crappy it looked.......

Yeah my pics suck too, I'm thinking of buying one of those aquaclips I keep seeing on instagram 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, spectra said:

Did you order that filter I sent you the link on? It's super easy to use 

1 minute ago, Coral_chef said:

Yeah my pics suck too, I'm thinking of buying one of those aquaclips I keep seeing on instagram 

That's what I ordered! It's cool. Worth the $30 

• Like 1
Coral_chef
1 minute ago, stellablue said:

Did you order that filter I sent you the link on? It's super easy to use 

That's what I ordered! It's cool. Worth the $30 

Damn I didn't realize it's 30$ 

• Like 1
Nixperience
On 5/19/2017 at 6:06 PM, spectra said:

Well lawn is mowed......................need to clean up then time to play in the tank fingerscrossed 

Dang I need a landscaper :wacko: its a flippen jungle back there..........weeds galore and I am not talking xenia either :lol:

IMG_3692.jpg

I just did this this past week. 

Before: was full of bushes and weeds

6478A4B6-6CC9-4725-ABBC-B180E9582D0D_zps

after: so far

A0B1CE91-796B-43E5-B4B7-A0064988E129_zps

got 8 tons of peastone delivered today for the garden area. 

• Like 5