Pod Your Reef

Stella's ReefWeeds - 100 days of Nanos Contest Tank

ReefWeeds

Just now, Lula_Mae said:

I, too, shall anxiously await the return of Stella's Macro Factory, LLC. :lol:

Ha! I love it! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, stellablue said:

Well instead of packing for my work trip tomorrow, I mounted the euphyllia in my tank that I got from my friend, Julian :) I knocked a bunch of the macros off so I had to rearrange them. The skeletons on the euphyllia are huge which I love as it adds structure. The frags came from colonies he has had for 7+ years I think he said. If you are on Instagram, check out his tank. It's pretty amazing. His username is gulloflife. It's nice having him somewhat local as he is a great resource. 

Anyway, here's the updated photo. Kinda cloudy still from blowing off diatoms and feeding some live phyto. 

I'm now second guessing the angler and thinking about barnacle blennies :lol: 

I've also decided not to use an extra powerhead in the DT. I feel like there's plenty of flow from the pump. 

I got the new pump from IM/MD. It's still loud-ish but not nearly as bad as the original. I can deal with it :) 

The pike blenny from KPA is a cool fish and would go well with the barnacle blennies 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, metrokat said:

Looks good Stella! Errmahgerd what's that brown stuffs.

Thanks Kat! Which brown stuffs? The dictoya? Or the diatom covered baby's breath macro? :lol: 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, lkoechle said:

Gorgeous!  Your pump is kicking that much flow?  Hmmm... I wonder if mine will improve when the replacement gets here.

PS, Would you sell some macro sometime in the future?  I'm thinkin' about it for the mantis tank once I have it all sorted out.

Also check and make sure that its not stuck to the side of the tank. I notice mine would get more flow when I moved the return line then noticed that the pump itself would suck up to the glass at times.

4 hours ago, stellablue said:

Bahaha omg you crack me up!! I did count the value :) by the way, live-plants is now offering sponges! These yellow elephant ears were $6 each! 

I almost grabbed one but decided against it.......my last spongebob adventure didn't end well :lol: 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, spectra said:

Also check and make sure that its not stuck to the side of the tank. I notice mine would get more flow when I moved the return line then noticed that the pump itself would suck up to the glass at times.

I almost grabbed one but decided against it.......my last spongebob adventure didn't end well :lol: 

Lmao no it didn't! Elephant ears are pretty hardy though. 

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Lmao no it didn't! Elephant ears are pretty hardy though. 

Spectra was thinking elephantitis? 

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Wtf how did you manage to fill this tank in like 3 days?? 

New tank time 

#MTS

I gots skillz :lol: 

• Like 5
57 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Wtf how did you manage to fill this tank in like 3 days?? 

New tank time 

#MTS

She went from rags to riches. :P

• Like 3
debbeach13
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:57 PM, stellablue said:

I should be painting or doing laundry ... instead I put a coral in the tank ?

IMG_2890.JPG

The little rock to the right looks like the face of a pet.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

The little rock to the right looks like the face of a pet.

It does!! That's so funny 

19 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

Why does nobody do Ulva in macro tanks?

Some people have, it's just less common. 

It may partly be cause of the difficulty attaching it to anything. 

I know it usually is just left to tumble freely and it does well with that. 

I know one guy who threaded fishing line through it and then attached the fishing line to suction cups attached to the back of the tank. 

It does make a great Pod Breeding Habitat. 

• Like 1

I had a guy put it in fishing net, and it grew like wildfire and started to grow holdfasts. It can be hard to manage as it likes to break off and find a way into your pumps.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Nixperience said:

I suppose lots of things eat ulva too. I'll try it. 

I'm curious, you planning on trying it with or without salad dressing?

• Like 4
Nixperience
27 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I'm curious, you planning on trying it with or without salad dressing?

Without. I'm trying to watch my figure. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Boggers said:

I had a guy put it in fishing net, and it grew like wildfire and started to grow holdfasts. It can be hard to manage as it likes to break off and find a way into your pumps.

I had it in my last macro tank and I love it. I am actually planning on it in this one. I love the bright green coloration 

Back from a short trip to Vegas for work. The 14 is doing great! Tons of diatoms I had to blow off and some of the macros came loose, but it survived the week 

IMG_3145.JPG

• Like 9
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Stella's ReefWeeds - 100 days of Nanos Contest Tank