SaltCritters.com

Office 2.7 gal Pest Pico

Draco

Thank you, Money!

I have a pump on its way. got delayed though, stupid Amazon.

I have hair algae, time to pull some snails from my 75g to help with the clean up

8 hours ago, Draco said:

Acclimating peppermint Shrimp, clown goby and some torches and nassarious snails

IMG_9384.JPG

IMG_9385.JPG

IMG_9386.JPG

You have an attempted escapee lol

• Like 2

lol, I kept pushing him down, then I said "heck with it" and threw him in the tank without proper acclimation. then he tried to escape the tank! He's everywhere today.. I shall call him Zoomin'

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Draco said:

lol, I kept pushing him down, then I said "heck with it" and threw him in the tank without proper acclimation. then he tried to escape the tank! He's everywhere today.. I shall call him Zoomin'

Haha I love the courageous snails. Mine only ever make it to the glass line then stop I think and weigh their options. None of them have concluded yet that they can make it out of the tank

Simulated Fish

Wish mine would do that! I have the glass top on my 45g and they conspired together, one big guy holds up the glass and the small ones escape. :ninja:

Cool little office tank, following!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing new and exciting to report. Had toxic levels of ammonia in the past few days but quickly took care of that with lots of water changes and Prime.

Little Clown Goby, crabs and snails are all doing well! I haven't seen the shrimp today, but I do see his molt, so I am sure he's hiding somewhere.

I upgraded my lights to CoralCompulsion Par 30. my zoas are in shock and are all closed up. I should've started the light up higher. Oops.. hopefully they will come back

• Like 3

I am shocked I didn't lose anyone! it was bad (though the ammonia badge didn't show it as bad as the API test). all is good now!

• 2 weeks later...

Update tank shot- added some rejected zoas and gsp. Next week I will add xenia and kenyas. Maybe some mushrooms.

still trying to fatten up the clown goby

IMG_9706.JPG

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
HammerLover
On 9 May 2017 at 9:15 PM, Draco said:

Haha that's funny lol. i remember my turbo too tried to escape and one time it decided to adventure by crawling right in front of the powerhead. Ita funny how it struggled crawling across the strong water flow from the powerhead outlet :'D

that's a nice yellow clown goby! I got myself a pair of those but I got the green instead. Are they hard to pellet train? 

@HammerLover He goes after the pellets but doesn't eat them. It's like he knows it's food but is unsure how to eat it.

I've been feeding frozen mysis and brine and he's eating like a pig! Trying not to over feed since it's a small tank.

Think I could do a pair in this tank? I am not sure if they'd get along or not enough room. maybe a green with the yellow?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Draco said:

@HammerLover He goes after the pellets but doesn't eat them. It's like he knows it's food but is unsure how to eat it.

I've been feeding frozen mysis and brine and he's eating like a pig! Trying not to over feed since it's a small tank.

Think I could do a pair in this tank? I am not sure if they'd get along or not enough room. maybe a green with the yellow?

I probably wouldn't try a pair of gobies in this tank, and I'm not sure about two together.  Maybe down the line once biological filtration is well established you can look at it.  It sure is cute though!  Does it have a name?

1 minute ago, Draco said:

No name yet. I should have my coworkers choose a name and I'll pick a name from the hat or something, lol

Depending on your coworkers, that could prove very interesting lol

• 2 weeks later...
HammerLover

Mine likes pellets that are crushed, unfortunately one of them went carpet surfing and the other one always finds a way toward the sump :( so I basically put them up for Adoption. Its sad since they are awesome fishes

aww, poor fish! I hope this one won't jump.. there are some small openings that I can't seem to cover just yet.

I got a bunch of freebie "pest" corals from my reef club (Thank you, Andy, if you are here!). I put them in this morning.

Some pulsing xenias, blue cloves, green polyps, teal green and red mushrooms and lots more GSP (I threw these in my sump of my main tank as there's already some in my pico). They're all on good sized rock chunks, none were plugged! 

I had to remove some rock, not too much as I like the rocks as it is now! Some rocks has yellow sponges on it for an added bit of colors too.

This pic was taken about an hour after putting the pieces in the tank. They still need to open up. I am already mesmerized by the pulsing of the xenias.

jjRgL9t.jpg

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

That is one hairy crab lol

lol, he's hairier than my others! I was worried I got a gorilla crab or something instead!

• Like 1

thank you

My Emerald Crab died today. Saw him covered with the snails and peppermint shrimp :( Had him for a week. I am thinking there wasn't enough food for him

• Like 2
GregEmmitte

I have a 3 gallon cube just like that in my garage full of spiders. If it survives incineration I've considered making a aptasia/xenia tank out of it.

On 6/15/2017 at 8:34 AM, Draco said:

thank you

My Emerald Crab died today. Saw him covered with the snails and peppermint shrimp :( Had him for a week. I am thinking there wasn't enough food for him

Eh... sometimes they come from LFS on deaths door. I've had a green on die within a few days and a red one last a year.