Innovative Marine Aquariums

Office 2.7 gal Pest Pico

Draco

Christopher Marks
7 hours ago, Draco said:

here's the pic as of now. It's pretty unhappy.

IMG_5252.jpg

You can get it back on track, that first water change will help a lot! Those are some hardy corals too. The next water change will make an even bigger difference. Hang in there @Draco!

Have you considered getting an ATO of some sort to help automate that aspect of your pico?

4 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

You can get it back on track, that first water change will help a lot! Those are some hardy corals too. The next water change will make an even bigger difference. Hang in there @Draco!

Have you considered getting an ATO of some sort to help automate that aspect of your pico?

THanks, I hope so 🙂 tested the water after the change at my LFS and he didn't see any nitrates. when I get back thursday I'll bring my test kit in to check again.

As for ATO, I am too cheap to buy anything else for the tank, lol. I don't mind manually topping off. though 3+ day weekends its tough.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Wonder if you could do a clear glass, plastic, or acrylic lid for weekends? To help with evap.

that's an idea, worth a shot. I think I still have the glass top from my 9g that may be good to use

• Like 1

I think Minion is gone 😞 He didn't come out to greet me and I don't see him anywhere.

about to do water testing now

or not, I brought the tests, but forgot to bring the tubes. ugh

• Sad 3

Took my water to a LFS to be tested. Ammonia was a little elevated (Which was expected by the death of Minion). Nitrates went down to a better level.

Another water change today and should be good to go.

They're getting a green clown goby in tomorrow. Tempting... lol

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Draco said:

I brought my nitrate test in, it was through the roof. Took it to my LFS, it was normal.

Goes to show that you can't trust API test kits. I threw mine out.

That's unfortunate. I've got the API Saltwater master test kit. I've only used it for pH and ammonia so far though.

• 4 weeks later...

Got a little black clown goby. He's awesome 😄

I started using distilled water, got the nitrates under control. tank is happy again 😄

took some rock out to give the fish more room too.

ignore color quality, cellphone pics are hard, lol

IMG_5383.thumb.jpg.da5184dac18e4f528b0e49ddce6649d8.jpg

• Like 5
  • 7 months later...

Hey @Damien

Since my goby died (he wasn't eating), I decided to break down the tank and convert it into a freshwater shrimp tank.

My sexy shrimps went into my 20g Nuvo at home, and the corals went into good homes with other reefers.

It's been a fun 2 years with this tank, challenging at times but all good things come to to an end.

• Like 1