Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cal's Resurrection Desktop IM 20 - A lounge rat's contest tank

calvin

Nothing like having people over to make you get the tank in shape. Clowns moved out of QT into the DT. New corals arranged a little more nicely. Macro trimmed. 

Ill try try to get an FTS tomorrow when the lights are on again. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, RayWhisperer said:

Aptasia or curly que in the rouge shroom pic? Kinda has traits of both.

not aptasia. can't remember the name. it's the kind that comes as a hitchhiker from FL. It's been in there since the beginning and hasn't multiplied so I'm not worried.

• Like 1

Meet Te Fiti

she got her name because her kind are originally from the South Pacific... and we’ve been watching a lot of Moana at our house!

DC3ADCAD-D2F3-4656-9B07-0937C4F5DFD0.thumb.jpeg.05a9aa4a5efa65cc3559febb28def7dd.jpeg

She’s pretty small right now which I actually like. She’s an ORA CB fish so I guess I don’t necessarily have to keep her in QT but I will because I can. 

This type of filefish can actually change color. You can get a sense of it from the pics where her face is kind of green. I also like how she can move her eyes independently as she looks around. 

D138B6C6-2BF4-4DF1-9668-B33EAC8B5E95.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
7 minutes ago, calvin said:

Meet Te Fiti

she got her name because her kind are originally from the South Pacific... and we’ve been watching a lot of Moana at our house!

DC3ADCAD-D2F3-4656-9B07-0937C4F5DFD0.thumb.jpeg.05a9aa4a5efa65cc3559febb28def7dd.jpeg

She’s pretty small right now which I actually like. She’s an ORA CB fish so I guess I don’t necessarily have to keep her in QT but I will because I can. 

This type of filefish can actually change color. You can get a sense of it from the pics where her face is kind of green. I also like how she can move her eyes independently as she looks around. 

D138B6C6-2BF4-4DF1-9668-B33EAC8B5E95.jpeg

:wub:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

That filefish is incredible, I've never come across one before! How is it settling in? You should shoot some video of those eyes!

3 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Nice!! Is she eating yet?

thanks. I can't get her to eat much. I think I saw her snick a little bit of mysis. that's about it. she didn't even go for the cyclopeeze.:(

she's all alone in the QT tank, so there's nothing to stress her. I hope she starts eating soon.

Good news: already seeing some growth on the setosa. 

Bad news: 1 wk in and Te Fiti still isn't eating. I've tried cyclops, flake, pellet, and mysis. Even soaking in garlic doesn't work. :(

Well, I guess when @Christopher Marks asks you to upload a video you should. Be warned:

1) Tank is dirty. Algae on glass. It's QT so I don't care.

2) I turned on image stabilization in iMovie and it trimmed the video. Near the beginning that means the fish's face is cut off for a few seconds. I don't care enough to fix it.

3) Sounds of joy in the background are free of charge.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, calvin said:

Well, I guess when @Christopher Marks asks you to upload a video you should. Be warned:

1) Tank is dirty. Algae on glass. It's QT so I don't care.

2) I turned on image stabilization in iMovie and it trimmed the video. Near the beginning that means the fish's face is cut off for a few seconds. I don't care enough to fix it.

3) Sounds of joy in the background are free of charge.

Very cool fish. 

I could always loan you some Macro that likely has pods in it. You could stick it in there just to get her eating pods til she'll eat frozen. 

My Puffer took 5 days to eat frozen, but I didn't have to worry about it cause he found plenty of critters to nibble. 

Now he regularly casts longing looks toward the water surface, hoping I'll toss in some frozen Mysis.

• Haha 1