SaltCritters.com

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
28 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

This tank really doesn’t have algae anymore.......It stays pretty spotless.  

I have some small spots that have some hair algae. Gotta hit the sandbed better with the vacuum. I've been kinda lazy with it the last month been busy with working and shit. I do my water changes every week but I haven't been a good maid with the sand bed.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I have to say that it looks good now that it's maturing. I like the fact it doesn't look sterile though.

Yeah, that “new tank, white rocks” phase is the worst.  

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

How did your project turn out last night? Did you do anything else crafty?

I was glue gunning like a mad woman! 😂

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

I was glue gunning like a mad woman! 😂

Good deal :smilie: you getting much weather today? It's gonna be a shitty day here 20-30mph winds and gusts to 40 50 plus heavy rain. My dog isn't going to wanna go outside at all today...she's not a fan of rain or rain and wind lol

• Like 1
11 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Looks like my population has dropped dramatically.

Yeah, I haven't been able to support stomatella snails in my current tanks either.  I'm pretty sure it's due to lack of food.  The main reason I scrape the glass is to remove the spirorbid worms which tend to build up.  I scrape the glass maybe once a month (sometimes not even that much).

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, seabass said:

Yeah, I haven't been able to support stomatella snails in my current tanks either.  I'm pretty sure it's due to lack of food.  The main reason I scrape the glass is to remove the spirorbid worms which tend to build up.  I scrape the glass maybe once a month (sometimes not even that much).

I always thought I had enough food for mine. Maybe that's what happened to them..I had them as hitch hikers on my rock when I set my tank up in march. It was awesome to watch them grow from the size of a pen tip to the size of a quater.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Good deal :smilie: you getting much weather today? It's gonna be a shitty day here 20-30mph winds and gusts to 40 50 plus heavy rain. My dog isn't going to wanna go outside at all today...she's not a fan of rain or rain and wind lol

Rainy yucky day here. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, seabass said:

I used to have a ton of limpets too but they are slowly dying off because there is no algae to eat. I guess it’s a good problem to have..... for me, not the limpets.   

• Haha 2
A Little Blue
23 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Looks like my population has dropped dramatically.  Not sure if it’s lack of food or The Star Lord eating them at night.  

Try to check on them at night time. I have never introduced any to my tank and there must be at least a dozen babies 1/8-1/4” in size. Don’t see any during a day tho. But they sure are super active at night. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Try to check on them at night time. I have never introduced any to my tank and there must be at least a dozen babies 1/8-1/4” in size. Don’t see any during a day tho. But they sure are super active at night. 

In my big tank they were everywhere at night but now I only see a few.......The only fish that is up all night is Star Lord. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue
7 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

In my big tank they were everywhere at night but now I only see a few.......The only fish that is up all night is Star Lord. 

You think it’s a work of skilled ninja that hunts them down one by one or limited food source to support large population? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

You think it’s a work of skilled ninja that hunts them down one by one or limited food source to support large population? 

Both. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
22 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Yeah, I hate ninjas. 

I always say Michael Myers is a ninja.... How the #### do they never know he's there?!?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I always say Michael Myers is a ninja.... How the #### do they never know he's there?!?

I was never that into the Halloween movies.  

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
5 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I was never that into the Halloween movies.  

Ahh well he is sneaky sneaky lol. Jason too he might actually be more ninja than Meyers.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Ahh well he is sneaky sneaky lol. Jason too he might actually be more ninja than Meyers.

I liked all the Friday the 13ths. I also liked Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Very good ones indeed

I never really got into Nightmare on Elm Street. I didn’t think they were that scary. 

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
5 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I never really got into Nightmare on Elm Street. I didn’t think they were that scary. 

I thought those were funny ina way. Or well at least they are now lol

• Like 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm