SaltCritters.com

5 minutes ago, seabass said:

I picked up a couple of those (exact same pumps) from Walmart during a 8 hour power outage.  They are sure handy to have around when you don't want to fire up a generator.

I bought it for traveling with livestock.  Sooooo glad I did. 

• Like 3
Thunder Goose

Whew, what an adventure. Glad to hear everyone seems to have survived! Going to be ordering a battery powered pump now.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Thunder Goose said:

Whew, what an adventure. Glad to hear everyone seems to have survived! Going to be ordering a battery powered pump now.

Do it!! :)  

• Like 1
8 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

You need to get a generator that will take care of the whole house, preferably a diesel genset. I bought an old Soviet military generator 25 years ago, the damn thing will power 3 houses running AC or electric heat. With the wars winding down, there will be a LOT of US made generators up for sale in the not too distant future for dirt cheap, about $1000-$2000. Get an electrician to wire it in for you.

Im heading to your place when the zombies take over. Just curious why diesel over natural gas? I wanted to get a natural gas whole house generator but the HOA said nope not happening. 

2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

No. The small back up generator just would not work..... still not sure what was wrong with it......    The big generator had something wrong as well and all the pertinent tools were in my husbands work truck that we couldn't get to at that time. 

We couldn't exit our street because of water and downed power lines.  All the storm drains were full and the entire neighborhood was flooded. 

It could have been worse for us obviously but it was just one of those days where the back up to the back up to the back up failed. 

sounds like you could also use a boat :lol:

• Like 2
StinkyBunny
2 hours ago, Sancho said:

Im heading to your place when the zombies take over. Just curious why diesel over natural gas? I wanted to get a natural gas whole house generator but the HOA said nope not happening. 

sounds like you could also use a boat :lol:

Because if there's ever an issue, I can make biodiesel to run it. I'd have to get the generator up online, shut off the main feed so all I have to do is feed my generator if there's ever a prolonged outtage which has happened here before.  A friend of mine does surplus sales and he's watching for a new generator so I can switch between CNG and diesel. That's the other issue with Com bloc stuff is it's hard to get parts for if you can't make a part you need. I looked for CNG nozzles for Rasputin, but Nyet, not available. Oh yea, HOAs can eat a bag of festering monkey dicks dipped in dog shit!!

• Like 5
StinkyBunny
22 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

^this is a very strong post :lol:

There's a special ring of hell for HOA assholes. Nobody would want me sitting on a jury with an HOA on one side and a home owner on the other. I'd hand the HOA their balls in a brown paper bag.

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

HOAs can eat a bag of festering monkey dicks dipped in dog shit!!

:lol: 

yeah lucky for me no HOA I would have probably gone to jail already :lol:

• Like 4

So glad you're ok!  I have that same pump and a box of Amazon batteries I ordered at the same time lol (Amazon carries this pump for anyone looking to get it).  I lived through the crazy flooding SC had a couple years ago, I was on a hill so the worst I got was a leaky ceiling lol.  But we got 22" of rain in 24 hours so that was fun.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

So glad you're ok!  I have that same pump and a box of Amazon batteries I ordered at the same time lol (Amazon carries this pump for anyone looking to get it).  I lived through the crazy flooding SC had a couple years ago, I was on a hill so the worst I got was a leaky ceiling lol.  But we got 22" of rain in 24 hours so that was fun.

Thanks. :) Yeah, I bought mine in a flurry of Amazon shopping...... so glad I did. 

• Like 2

I never use filters or touch up my photos but I thought the black and white made the corals look cool in this pic. 

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I never use filters or touch up my photos but I thought the black and white made the corals look cool in this pic. 

Cant be that bad your taking pics of the tank :lol: 

Power is over rated...........................

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, spectra said:

Cant be that bad your taking pics of the tank :lol: 

Power is over rated...........................

The bad is over. :) 24 hours without power but everything made it through.  

• Like 10
54 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

The bad is over. :) 24 hours without power but everything made it through.  

Well at least it was the weekend.......................

Good to hear everything is ok.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, spectra said:

Well at least it was the weekend.......................

Good to hear everything is ok.

7 hours ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

hell yeah!

if everything seems to be doing fine, take a deep breath and crack a beer! B)

Today we rest!!

and..........We will now be implementing random generator checks throughout the year.  

• Like 7
17 hours ago, spectra said:

:lol: 

yeah lucky for me no HOA I would have probably gone to jail already :lol:

Been close a couple times :lol:

• Like 3

Everything is doing great after the outage. :)

I finally replaced the burnt out Jebao 10.  I really liked how the tank looked without it but I need the flow.  

Also broke my neon green Digitata in half during cleaning today :angry:

• Like 3

You can break a digi by just looking at it :lol: 

I have a forest fire that has been accidentally fragged at least 6 times...............I gave 3 of them away on my local forum a few weeks ago........ pretty good frag if youask me :lol: its almost a small colony..............

IMG_3812_JPG_58ab667b375b8f16bfcbd21ffffdb092.jpg

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, spectra said:

You can break a digi by just looking at it :lol: 

I have a forest fire that has been accidentally fragged at least 6 times...............I gave 3 of them away on my local forum a few weeks ago........ pretty good frag if youask me :lol: its almost a small colony..............

IMG_3812_JPG_58ab667b375b8f16bfcbd21ffffdb092.jpg

That is huge!!

Just annoys me because it was growing into such a nice shape...... which was exactly the shape I had in my mind and I ruined it. Going to glue the pieces beside the others tomorrow.....  Get a digi forest going on that rock.  

• Like 2
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm