Innovative Marine Aquariums

My sister-in-law lost her dachshund this year too (probably around that same age). That dog was very sweet, but also super strong-willed.  They miss her very much.  Sorry, it's so hard losing dogs and cats.  They become such big parts of our families.  That was a nice tribute.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 5 months later...
7 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Nice tree . I KNEW you had the holiday spirit!😊😆

I can’t have a regular tree with those two so the Charlie Brown had to do   😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • WV Reefer changed the title to WV Reefer's 12 Gallon Long and Dirty: Home of The Worm

This tank has pretty much been taken over by the worm. There are still no fish, only a few crabs, cucumbers, bivalves and dusters. All of the beautiful macro that end up growing are promptly eaten by the worm and he is getting huge! 

Such a pretty worm though:

• Like 4
  • Wow 2
10 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

This tank has pretty much been taken over by the worm. There are still no fish, only a few crabs, cucumbers, bivalves and dusters. All of the beautiful macro that end up growing are promptly eaten by the worm and he is getting huge! 

At least you see yours, but it's a glutton, I've only seen mine once, but at least it hasn't eaten any corals (or any other animals).  There's something like 150 species in the family ranging from relatively benign planktivores herbivores all the way up to pure ravenous carnivores.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Nano sapiens said:

At least you see yours, but it's a glutton, I've only seen mine once, but at least it hasn't eaten any corals (or any other animals).  There's something like 150 species in the family ranging from relatively benign planktivores all the way up to pure ravenous carnivores.

You have one in the legendary 12g!!?  

7 minutes ago, Nano sapiens said:

At least you see yours, but it's a glutton, I've only seen mine once, but at least it hasn't eaten any corals (or any other animals).  There's something like 150 species in the family ranging from relatively benign planktivores all the way up to pure ravenous carnivores.

He seems to be a vegan. I’ve tried to get him to eat algae that I offer but he prefers only the pretty macros in the tank. :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, ml86743 said:

That thing creeps me out.  Colors are pretty amazing though. 

He’s a creep for sure but a pretty creep. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Just now, WV Reefer said:

He seems to be a vegan. I’ve tried to get him to eat algae that I offer but he prefers only the pretty macros in the tank. :rolleyes:

He’s a creep for sure but a pretty creep. 

These are the guys with those giant pincers right? Dudes like the Alaskan Bull Worm from spongebob. 

spongebob alaskan bull worm | Tumblr

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, ml86743 said:

These are the guys with those giant pincers right? Dudes like the Alaskan Bull Worm from spongebob. 

spongebob alaskan bull worm | Tumblr

I think of it more like the graboids from the movie tremors:

496C8D25-6298-495D-B8EC-E494BB0AF7C1.gif.a109cca54d2e7c6061499b78ea65cc31.gif

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

That thing is awesome.  Too freaky for a sissy like me, but I’m kinda tempted depending on care requirements.  Never seen a eunice worm for sale though…

bivalves, hermits, worms, I like your style🍻

• Like 2
6 hours ago, PJPS said:

That thing is awesome.  Too freaky for a sissy like me, but I’m kinda tempted depending on care requirements.  Never seen a eunice worm for sale though…

bivalves, hermits, worms, I like your style🍻

They are very cool creatures to watch.  I had another one when I first started reefing. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
30 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

I used to have a small iridescent one in one of my nanos long ago. They're actually kinda cool. 😊

Very cool to watch. I need to set up my GoPro to catch what he does.
He’s very meticulous about cleaning his area. I’ve seen him stick his butt out of the entrance to poop  😂  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 1