ReefCleaners.org

Teenyreef's Deep Blue 30g - Massive Reorg

teenyreef

I set up the new ATO container last night. It's a 15 quart pet food container with a hinged airtight lid. All I had to do was drill a couple holes for the water and power lines for the pump. It fits perfectly in the space between the cabinet and the side wall, and there's room to get in there with a 1 gallon pitcher for refills. I should only have to refill it once or twice a week.

32009561083_a836ca7c36_z.jpg20170209_220416.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

All closed up:

32009562483_811878e53b_z.jpg20170209_220536.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 2

i need a large ATO container...will have to look into one of these =P

Here's the link on Amazon. Only $11.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00186O0SS/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nice! I need to clean my ATO reservoir lol it has tons of white crap at the bottom!

Hmm, I wonder why? As long as I use RODI water and keep it covered, my ATO reservoirs stay perfectly clean for at least a year if not more.

Here's the link on Amazon. Only $11.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00186O0SS/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hmm, I wonder why? As long as I use RODI water and keep it covered, my ATO reservoirs stay perfectly clean for at least a year if not more.

My TDS is at 10 now, it's been like that for a bit unfortunately. I only get around 100 gallons of 0 TDS water, which is unsustainable $$ wise.

• Like 1

My TDS is at 10 now, it's been like that for a bit unfortunately. I only get around 100 gallons of 0 TDS water, which is unsustainable $$ wise.

That's right, I forgot you have that stuff that kills your RODI filters. But apparently your corals like 10 TDS water anyway :)

• Like 1

Ok, you just made me laugh so hard, my eyes started watering with every paragraph I read, I'm sorry you had to buy so many more things! I'm still trying to figure out getting my light up so I don't have to have a dresser lamp in my sump. Soon I'll have my felt sock which I'll put carbon in. Filtration, done! Actually, I am thinking to surround the pump with a box of foam on the sides so nothing clogs the pump.

And now I'm confused, I had .25 ammonia yesterday for the first time so I bought some Bio Spira, put that in 15 mins ago and decided what the heck, I'll check ammonia again. ZERO. I don't have a nitrite kit. I checked nitrates. ZERO. So now I wonder if I wasted $17 on a 3.38 oz bottle of starter. Could it really be possible it zipped through that fast as I used a shot glass of existing substrate and rocks that were in my 10g?

• Like 1

I want!!!! Looks awesome teeny

Thanks!

Ok, you just made me laugh so hard, my eyes started watering with every paragraph I read, I'm sorry you had to buy so many more things! I'm still trying to figure out getting my light up so I don't have to have a dresser lamp in my sump. Soon I'll have my felt sock which I'll put carbon in. Filtration, done! Actually, I am thinking to surround the pump with a box of foam on the sides so nothing clogs the pump.

And now I'm confused, I had .25 ammonia yesterday for the first time so I bought some Bio Spira, put that in 15 mins ago and decided what the heck, I'll check ammonia again. ZERO. I don't have a nitrite kit. I checked nitrates. ZERO. So now I wonder if I wasted $17 on a 3.38 oz bottle of starter. Could it really be possible it zipped through that fast as I used a shot glass of existing substrate and rocks that were in my 10g?

How long has it been cycling? Personally I wouldn't trust that it's done, but I'm super conservative about cycling my tanks.

• Like 1

Thanks!

How long has it been cycling? Personally I wouldn't trust that it's done, but I'm super conservative about cycling my tanks.

Yeah, I've never had one cycle that fast, I've had 2 weeks normally with transferring over.

24 hrs since I had ammonia.

• Like 1

The light is hung and powered up! But I'm going to have to redo the way it's hung. It doesn't look too bad from the front:

32828215125_9595f603b8_b.jpg20170210_190612.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

But I can't get it to hang level from the side:

32828213405_e1aa971540_b.jpg20170210_190528.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

#badhangingdesign

I know for a fact Dave doesn't use this approach in his hanging kits now :D

I'll probably open up the top and see if I can thread a loop of wire through so that it's suspended from the corners.

• Like 4

The light is hung and powered up! But I'm going to have to redo the way it's hung. It doesn't look too bad from the front:

#badhangingdesign

I'll probably open up the top and see if I can thread a loop of wire through so that it's suspended from the corners.

You might look into just getting some d-ring hangers and using the four corner screws already on the light's lid...?

post-89740-0-11801100-1486779932_thumb.png

• Like 2

Mines not totally perfect either over my 40g but eh.

My house can be a mess as long as all the pictures are hanging perfectly straight. Having this light sit at a tilt would drive me crazy :lol:

You might look into just getting some d-ring hangers and using the four corner screws already on the light's lid...?

That's good thinking. I probably have some sitting around the garage too...

i dont think there's a way to save the light.

you can send it to me though.

:lol: Actually, after just leaving it sitting there, letting the cable relax, and occasionally twisting it the other way, I've got it sitting almost level. But not quite :blink:

• Like 2

Light is sweet! Excited to see how this (frag) tank turns out

Thanks, me too!

I got started on hooking up the calcium reactor tonight but ran out of steam. Tomorrow, the Apex EB-8 power strip and the second WXM unit are coming, so I'll finish hooking up the calcium reactor and redo all the electrical cabling then.

And then, finally, I'm going to come up with a minimal scape that leaves lots of room for eggcrate, and I'll build some eggcrate frag racks to fit, and paint them black.

Thanks, me too!

I got started on hooking up the calcium reactor tonight but ran out of steam. Tomorrow, the Apex EB-8 power strip and the second WXM unit are coming, so I'll finish hooking up the calcium reactor and redo all the electrical cabling then.

And then, finally, I'm going to come up with a minimal scape that leaves lots of room for eggcrate, and I'll build some eggcrate frag racks to fit, and paint them black.

Scaping with eggcrate? Maybe if you paint it dark purple it might work. :D

• Like 1

#badhangingdesign

It lives on! Looks good too!
  • Like 1