Top Shelf Aquatics

30Q

jbb

• 1 month later...

Yeah Yeah Yeah 

Ive been way too busy to even keep up with a tank right now. Our Houston tech quit on us, so ive been making weekly trips down there (3 days at a time)  to cover while also trying to keep up with my own schedule. I have one fish , 2 rock nems, 2 porcelain crabs,  2 starfish.  Thats about it. 

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Yeah Yeah Yeah 

Ive been way too busy to even keep up with a tank right now. Our Houston tech quit on us, so ive been making weekly trips down there (3 days at a time)  to cover while also trying to keep up with my own schedule. I have one fish , 2 rock nems, 2 porcelain crabs,  2 starfish.  Thats about it. 

Lame................there is always time :P

23 hours ago, jbb_00 said:

Yeah Yeah Yeah 

I can understand.  It's taken me since Thanksgiving to get this tank simply wet, much less everything moved over.  I was out of town this weekend, will be gone next week, but maybe next weekend it'll get some life.  Hopefully things ease up on you soon and you get some time to your self.

• 1 month later...

Helloooooo !!!

Back from the dead. Im finally getting time to work on this. 

@Type-H20 found a killer deal on 12x12 stands on Amazon for only $50, so i jumped on it. Unfortunately they seem to be $50 for a reason. The hardware that comes with them isn't enough to even complete the build, and even if they provided the proper amount its all cheap crap. 

SO

I drilled for pocket screws, and added some wood glue,  and I am much happier with it.  I also have a custom overflow coming from @Oceanbox Designs , can't wait for that to arrive. 

Here is a pic of the stand, trying to decide between paint, or a matte clear coat. 

20170513_162446.jpg

20170513_162453.jpg

I would like to apologize to @UNS for taking so long to get this going. They were gracious enough to give this away, I dont want them to think it went to waste. 

• Like 6
Just now, spectra said:

about time asshole :P win a free tank and disappear :lol:

and what did you expect for 50 bucks :lol:

Yeah i know, i feel terrible.  

The stand is normally like $150, Amazon had them $100 off for just a few hours. I found out why ? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Yeah i know, i feel terrible.  

The stand is normally like $150, Amazon had them $100 off for just a few hours. I found out why ? 

Just complain to Sancho :lol:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, spectra said:

Just complain to Sancho :lol:

Hell no, im afraid he will watch for my orders and send them everywhere except for my house. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Look at the bright side, it saved you from having to breath in all that sawdust if cutting the panels yourself :D (That's how I see mine, anyway)

1 minute ago, Type-H20 said:

Look at the bright side, it saved you from having to breath in all that sawdust if cutting the panels yourself :D (That's how I see mine, anyway)

Sawdust ? ?

I karate chop them 

10 minutes ago, Rehype said:

Awwwwwwwwww yeah!! Cant wait to see what you do with this B)

Pressure is on now . Lol 

Thanks for stopping by sir. 

25 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Pressure is on now . Lol 

Thanks for stopping by sir. 

No pressure :D What are you thinking for this build?

2 minutes ago, Rehype said:

No pressure :D What are you thinking for this build?

Something stress free . Thinking of going the caribbean biotope route. 

Would love to do SPS but i can't seem to get levels stable enough to keep them alive. Maybe one of these days i will get there, but for now i just want a tank that i can enjoy and not constantly worry about. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Something stress free . Thinking of going the caribbean biotope route. 

Would love to do SPS but i can't seem to get levels stable enough to keep them alive. Maybe one of these days i will get there, but for now i just want a tank that i can enjoy and not constantly worry about. 

Totally understand. I did a caribbean biotope a while back definitely one of my favorite builds. Look forward to seeing yours come together.

• Like 2