Top Shelf Aquatics

Mitten_reef’s IM30L

mitten_reef

second_decimal
On 2/18/2020 at 12:12 PM, pokerdobe said:

This is an interesting idea. I'll have to try this when I get home. 

This is the closest I have for now - no lights, just ambient from sunlight. 

IMG_20200124_111421_687.thumb.jpg.4276a44f3ce822937585b900cef77803.jpg

That reminds me of the very first tank I got many, many years ago. Stocked that bad boy with emporer angle and what have you not. Came home one day and temp in the tank was literally about 100 degrees. Gotta love that AZ sunshine 🙄. It never even occurred to me that something like that could happen. Live and learn. 

• Sad 1
8 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

Interesting - maybe it needs more PAR? I know, typical answer from me - but I find that especially with reds, pinks and yellows, high PAR is what draws out the color. 

The tank is about to get an extra blast from 4 T5s!  I’m a big fan of more light too 😂

• Like 5
ECLS Reefer
13 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

This weekend wallet abusing....Sorry for the crappy phone pics. So excited about all of these. 

all fluff up now

DC197E7D-7CB6-434F-B17B-31E8CA5E6B25.thumb.jpeg.24d4179f24fc359e5a59b258dfe6a5cc.jpeg

also got 4 varieties of Millie’s this wknd. 
AE6449F9-28C0-4F1F-AA56-AF46F0E5FF94.thumb.jpeg.de47c6c816339c892506d5c43ca42eb5.jpeg

Same here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
mitten_reef
19 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

This weekend wallet abusing....Sorry for the crappy phone pics. So excited about all of these. 

all fluff up now

DC197E7D-7CB6-434F-B17B-31E8CA5E6B25.thumb.jpeg.24d4179f24fc359e5a59b258dfe6a5cc.jpeg

also got 4 varieties of Millie’s this wknd. 
AE6449F9-28C0-4F1F-AA56-AF46F0E5FF94.thumb.jpeg.de47c6c816339c892506d5c43ca42eb5.jpeg

A big thanks to @WindyCityReefer. for the ASD rainbow on the bottom left. 

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
5 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Bottom left asd rainbow, bottom right is what’s supposed to be the acid trip. 

I really want ASD Rainbow and JF Solar Flare.  Pretty close in colors to me but they are nice!

11 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Bottom left asd rainbow, bottom right is what’s supposed to be the acid trip. 

Man, I won't lie, I'm not sure. I shot the question over to a few my friends who have both to see what their thoughts are. 

Either way, it's a really nice looking mille. 

• Like 1
mitten_reef
2 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

Man, I won't lie, I'm not sure. I shot the question over to a few my friends who have both to see what their thoughts are. 

Either way, it's a really nice looking mille. 

No big deal at all 😄. I’m not concerned about the lineage.  the color was insane at the swap, solid orange, I really thought it d be a dud once I got home. The orange stayed and surprised me. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

No big deal at all 😄. I’m not concerned about the lineage.  the color was insane at the swap, solid orange, I really thought it d be a dud once I got home. The orange stayed and surprised me. 

Yeah, under blue LEDs, it'll pop. I honestly love milles - when they have full PE, it's crazy. There's this red mille I have that I'm excited over - just need it to hurry up and grow more. 

• Like 2

millis are the shit............the fuzzier the better.............and as for color who cares in my book I just love millis..........

• Like 3
WindyCityReefer.
On 3/1/2020 at 7:29 PM, mitten_reef said:

A big thanks to @WindyCityReefer. for the ASD rainbow on the bottom left. 

Happy we were finally able to meet up and exchange some coral! I am excited to see how everything grows out for you. 

Also, I forgot to ask at the swap but how is the hybrid NanoBox coming along?

• Like 2
mitten_reef
51 minutes ago, WindyCityReefer. said:

Happy we were finally able to meet up and exchange some coral! I am excited to see how everything grows out for you. 

Also, I forgot to ask at the swap but how is the hybrid NanoBox coming along?

The T5 hybrid had some hiccups with the splashguard, finally received a brand new one last week. Gonna try to put the fixture up this week/weekend. 

• Like 3
mitten_reef

More hiccup with bluefish not registering my fixture. 
drastic measure: taking BF from current fixture and plug into the T5 hybrid. 🤞 been way too long to get this going. 

• Wow 2