inTank Media Baskets

Mitten_reef’s IM30L

mitten_reef

9 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I want a bubble gum digi so bad. I passed on that frag last year.. he was selling it for 10 bucks, but sps scared me so I didn't buy it. Now I kick myself for not trying it. Those are looking really good.

shoot me a pm 🙂 

• Wow 1
35 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

shameless self plug for this month's photo contest. 

https://www.nano-reef.com/competition/entry/131-ric-bubbles/

**edit** although I think most people that follow my thread had already voted 🤣, oh well worth a shot.

voted.....................and thanks for your vote................

9 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I voted for you. 😊

Well waiting.............................:unsure:

• Haha 2
Just now, spectra said:

voted.....................and thanks for your vote................

Well waiting.............................:unsure:

Voted! 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/24/2019 at 4:30 PM, mitten_reef said:

Fragged the easy SPS this past weekend: Bird of Paradise, purple stylo, and bubblegum digi. 

6580E167-4312-4ED2-8C66-7C3AD471D3ED.thumb.jpeg.794ea4028f2dfab74aabda49b65228b6.jpeg9BE333DE-7612-4604-9846-87B2DD175824.thumb.jpeg.f235cc7e1b72be14957b644090011c16.jpeg

So weird I have checked the mail every day this week and the frags you were sending me still never showed up.. dang postman..

Just now, WV Reefer said:

Voted! 😊

Kiss ass😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

So weird I have checked the mail every day this week and the frags you were sending me still never showed up.. dang postman..

Kiss ass😋

maybe he has a tank........................swear that ####er ate the pickles to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Which Oil Country, USA are you?  The good 'ol Texas?  The new Oil (the Dakota's shale)?  Or the OLD oil (Oklahoma)?  

do you really want some?  We might be able to work something out, depending on your location.....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, spectra said:

maybe he has a tank........................swear that ####er ate the pickles to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

FITHLY STINKING POST MASTER!

• Haha 4
14 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Thanks, and Welcome?  I can't recall if you've dropped in over here yet....

Been stalking your thread. Sorry haven't commented before. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Which Oil Country, USA are you?  The good 'ol Texas?  The new Oil (the Dakota's shale)?  Or the OLD oil (Oklahoma)?  

do you really want some?  We might be able to work something out, depending on your location.....

Ha well before the shale boom in the last 8 years we had the 2 largest fields in the US..  belive it or not it's in California hahaa.. I'm from Bakersfield,  ca.. 

Would love to get some frags but I'm sure shipping would be a pita all the way out here😪

7 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Ha well before the shale boom in the last 8 years we had the 2 largest fields in the US..  belive it or not it's in California hahaa.. I'm from Bakersfield,  ca.. 

Would love to get some frags but I'm sure shipping would be a pita all the way out here😪

well once cali falls into the sea..........................

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

huh, never would have thought of CA.  But at the same time, felt like I knew that before for some reasons.  Based on your bbq pics, I wouldn't really peg you for a texan either....they just don't do BBQ that way in the south.  overnight shipping would never be worth it, but if you'd want to trust men and women of the postal service to do 2-day priority, then maybe?

1 minute ago, spectra said:

well once cali falls into the sea..........................

r u sure when that piece fall, that it'd stop at SF?  😁

• Haha 2

Hey @WV Reefer successfully shipped me a piece of purple plating sponge this week, two day shipping TO Texas. It survived, miraculously, and it was close 100 degrees today. So it's possible to get stuff moved around without USPS killing it.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

huh, never would have thought of CA.  But at the same time, felt like I knew that before for some reasons.  Based on your bbq pics, I wouldn't really peg you for a texan either....they just don't do BBQ that way in the south.  overnight shipping would never be worth it, but if you'd want to trust men and women of the postal service to do 2-day priority, then maybe?

r u sure when that piece fall, that it'd stop at SF?  😁

Pretty sure.......................Hell I have a mountain range between me and the coast anyway..............

• Like 1

One more post for tonight 

ATI is up. First impression, not very bright. With all 4 bulbs on, less visually bright than my nanobox fixture.  

Did I read correctly that some T5 bulbs need a little burn-in time?

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
33 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

One more post for tonight 

ATI is up. First impression, not very bright. With all 4 bulbs on, less visually bright than my nanobox fixture.  

Did I read correctly that some T5 bulbs need a little burn-in time?

Hmm I thought I have read that...maybe not though. Never had them so I don't know. Does the tank look good with the t5s? Is that pick above with the t5s?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Hmm I thought I have read that...maybe not though. Never had them so I don't know. Does the tank look good with the t5s? Is that pick above with the t5s?

The full tank shot. Yeah.

I should have gone ALL 4 Blue Plus bulbs instead 3 + 1 coral plus. It’d have been perfect blue glow without the usual LED saturation.  People with fixtures that hold more bulbs can blend other bulb types in easier, but with 4-bulb fixture = all blue plus will be my recommendation. @WindyCityReefer., what did you end up with on bulbs?

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I should have gone ALL 4 Blue Plus bulbs instead 3 + 1 coral plus. It’d have been perfect blue glow without the usual LED saturation.  People with fixtures that hold more bulbs can blend other bulb types in easier, but with 4-bulb fixture = all blue plus will be my recommendation. @WindyCityReefer., what did you end up with on bulbs?

I run blue plus on mine..............granted I also use LEDS...........but in the end found the BP to look the best..............

• Like 3
WindyCityReefer.
On 10/4/2019 at 10:13 PM, mitten_reef said:

I ended up going with the ATI blue+ and a coral+ too. I agree that all blue plus bulbs would look better to the eye. Having the hybrid though, I just adjusted the LEDs to make it more blue. What I am liking about the blue+ and coral+ together is the spectrum of lighting. You are really hitting all the peak wavelengths with the current combo. 

ati-blue-plus-graph.jpg.8bde97addb432d4f2eed0a7d56d7d1be.jpg                          ATI-Coral-Plus-Spectrum.jpg.be830c4ec0e1e4961f62ccc8a519765e.jpg

• Like 1