Coral Vue Hydros

Tamberav's 75g reef build

Tamberav

Shes awesome! Did you get her from salt critters? That is where mine is coming from. I want a maxima too but neither salt critters or cultivated reef have any atm so went for the crocea for now.

20160821_154519_zps13al3eko.jpg

Hey everyone, just wanted to update that the clam arrived safely. I got some pictures but my husband has been busy with his laptop which I use for taking pictures off my camera (has a much better screen than my PC). I will try to get some up this weekend. Maybe I can get lightroom installed too.

Wanted to share this strange clown goby that popped up Divers Den. It is either the wrong picture or the wrong description listed as it doesn't match the species they listed it as. The closest thing I could find is perhaps Live Aquaria's "brown clown goby"? It's possible they may actually send a red head goby and not the fish in the picture, but then where did the pic come from and what is this fish?

The shape of the fins don't seem to match a citron and the brown clown goby is listed as coming in a black color. The clear tail fin is a little puzzling though. :huh:

lg-0825161-044.jpg

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=321603

• Like 1

Yeah, the name doesn't match the pic. It is definitively not that fish as I owned one of those before. They screwed up matching the photo to the name. The photo is a curious looking clown goby of some sort.

• Like 1

aww disaster strikes (sort of)...

The angelfish had a few spots on her fin last night and I think I saw her twitch a few times. She moves too fast so I couldn't tell if it was ich but I will be treating her for it... I haven't decided which method of treatment. She is eating well. A good reminder of why to QT, especially angels and tangs, she showed no signs of anything until 3 weeks in.

The pipefish tank plug got loose from the wall and they had no flow (prob cats goofing around). It must have happened sometime after I fed because the food was rotting on the rocks instead of pushed into the filter floss (I feed them pretty heavily since they are pod eaters). I think it would have been about 12 hours without flow. The reason I noticed is I was doing a quick check on everyone before bed and the male pipefish was laying on the sand instead of sleeping upside down under the rock (not normal!!). He was breathing heavily, I tested ammonia and it was 1ppm. The tank has been up and running since June but no flow and lots of food must have messed with the biological filter.

Anywho, I ended up putting them in the DT. I had water ready to go but it had gotten hot from the mixing pump. I didn't want to subject them to possible ich in the angel's QT. One thing I am kicking myself for not thinking about is I could have done a large water change using the water from my DT and then replaced it with the water I had mixing since 5g of hot water isn't going to matter in a 75g tank. Hopefully they are free of disease and I am not kicking myself in the butt in a few weeks. The male was suffering pretty bad and I couldn't stand to watch it so in the DT he went (I actually thought he might be a goner) but he is back to normal today and hunting pods today.

Also in happier news, during all of this, I noticed he is carrying eggs so they were spawning at some point before all of this happened.

Sorry to hear about the ich! I've been very lucky and never had to deal with it. But I plan to quarantine future purchases now that I have enough fish in my tanks to worry about the consequences of bringing something bad into the tank.

I'm glad the pipefish is doing better. I have the same problem with my new water, it gets hot from the mixing pump, and even after it's mixed it gets too warm from being out in the garage this time of year. It's a pain to do water changes on the small tanks - I have to remember to bring it into the house a couple hours ahead of time so it can cool down, but not wait so long that it gets too cold.

• Like 1

My husband is really busy with med school so we go out and relax on "Fun Fridays". We stopped at the fish store OF COURSE. Picked up a hammer coral for the 10g and a talbot damsel. Talbot wasn't on the wish list for fish but once seeing them in person, they are really beautiful fish and only $5. I did a 100% w/c on the pipefish tank so I could QT him in there.

Making some more water while I think about how to treat the angel.

I have some bubble algae in the DT and that stuff is so annoying, seriously. lol I keep removing it but don't think I will ever eradicate it this way. I don't want emeralds or a foxface though :/

These are on the list for final future additions:

Gold assesor basslet

2x fairy or flasher wrasse

Never stocked a large-ish tank before, I have 12 fish currently but they all stay small, I just love nano fish. So far it seems to be working. I would consider a small tang though if it liked bubble algae... :furious:

Hubby is installing Lightroom for me, pictures sooon!

• Like 2

FTS of my frags :P

28649807433_0a6daf24e0_c.jpg75g-fts by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

Sunny D:

29192096681_4538607a34_c.jpgsunnyd by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

Here is the new clam :) It has light blue spots but only show up well when viewed from higher up.

29192114031_ec75ee81c5_c.jpgclam by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

Pipefish eggs!!

28649787353_e13e95839e_c.jpgpipe-eggs by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

This is Onyx, he was being cute and begging for cuddles while I had the camera out.

28649767503_d2b97e4c8e_c.jpgDSC_0001 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

29162484272_99d9604ba4_c.jpgDSC_0006 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

• Like 5

I did a 50% waterchange on the angels QT tank, I moved the damsel in there as well as after much personal debate I have decided to treat with CP and figured I might as well treat them both. I could not find any info on how Genicanthus angels handle CP. I have added 10mg/L of CP. Plan is for 30 days of treatment. Will this angel ever make it into the DT?

• Like 1
Snow_Phoenix

That pipefish looks really unique! As for the clown goby - I've seen it and other color variants on sale here before (think red CG, purple CG etc.). I kept a brown one for short while, but it died on me due to Ich. My LFS listed it as a brown citron goby though.

• Like 1

Thank you both.

Sad day, the damsel died. Not sure why but I think it has something to do with him getting into the rear chambers because he was fine this morning and eating. I couldn't find him and found him in the farthest chamber, no idea how he got pass the floss. Maybe he injured himself trying to get past the media basket? I don't think he was dead before entering the back chambers because a dead fish would have been caught by the floss.

Went to get another but they were all sold :( Going to drop them an email to see if they can get another. Kind of bummed, they are pretty.

The angel is still doing good though.

Hope every one else is doing well. Stinks when you get excited about a new fish, and then it dies overnight. I had beautiful colors on this new lubbock's fairy wrasse and it just never got out of shock I don't think and then the differences in the salinity between my tank and the wholesaler tanks was huge. 1.017 to my 1.026. I strongly suggest everyone when getting a new fish, check the salinity of the water. Granted I was removing bag water and adding tank water over 1 hr 15 mins but maybe it still got him.

• Like 2

Hope every one else is doing well. Stinks when you get excited about a new fish, and then it dies overnight. I had beautiful colors on this new lubbock's fairy wrasse and it just never got out of shock I don't think and then the differences in the salinity between my tank and the wholesaler tanks was huge. 1.017 to my 1.026. I strongly suggest everyone when getting a new fish, check the salinity of the water. Granted I was removing bag water and adding tank water over 1 hr 15 mins but maybe it still got him.

Ya it's a total bummer :( I guess it is something we all experience though even though we try our best.

Sorry to hear about the ick and the loose power plug on the pipefish tank. I hope the pipefish were ok after that.

Thank you :) They are doing really well so far in the big tank. I was a little nervous after adding them but they found a favorite cave not inhabited by anyone. I saw one of the clowns "shoo" the pipe away when I first added it and it swam near the anenome. The clown wasn't aggressive about it and it was actually a good thing because the pipes now avoid the nems/clowns.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...