SaltCritters.com

Bowen's IM Lagoon 25 - Update 01/05

Bowen1022

Teeny what is your dosing regiment for the hair algae. Would really like to hear any observations you have as far as any condition,change of the appearance of the algae or if you're noticing anything.

Man I think the tank looks great. I hope you get everything straightened out that's bothering you.

Nice looking lagoon tank ;)

Thanks guys! I think it will all be straightened out here shortly. I have to keep in mind that the tank if fairly new too so that plays in a bit.

pgr I wish you did those daily updates still, I enjoyed them lol.

Yes to both. I'm dosing NoPox at a fairly low level.

I've been posting status and progress pics in my 10g thread. I'm dosing 1ml twice a week. It hasn't been a miracle cure but the growth has definitely slowed down

Good to know. Thanks again teeny!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys! I think it will all be straightened out here shortly. I have to keep in mind that the tank if fairly new too so that plays in a bit.

pgr I wish you did those daily updates still, I enjoyed them lol.

Good to know. Thanks again teeny!

I just restarter doing them :) and thank you! Keep up the nice work

Just looking at your notes.

Aour alk should drop with calcium uptake.

You have enough sps in there to see a noticeable drop.

You may need to up your 2 part dosing.

As for your PH unless it's around 7, dont worry about it.

If it continues to be low, you need to find a way to increase co2 exchange.

That can be done with a skimmer, or more surface agitation via powerhead.

Most people notice a drop in ph during the winter because we keep our homes all closed up, usually because it's cold outside.

The air in your home may now contain more co2 in it than it does in the summer months.

Some people have gone as far as to run a piece of airline to the outside of their homes to feed their skimmer, in order to keep their ph up.

Just looking at your notes.

Aour alk should drop with calcium uptake.

You have enough sps in there to see a noticeable drop.

You may need to up your 2 part dosing.

As for your PH unless it's around 7, dont worry about it.

If it continues to be low, you need to find a way to increase co2 exchange.

That can be done with a skimmer, or more surface agitation via powerhead.

Most people notice a drop in ph during the winter because we keep our homes all closed up, usually because it's cold outside.

The air in your home may now contain more co2 in it than it does in the summer months.

Some people have gone as far as to run a piece of airline to the outside of their homes to feed their skimmer, in order to keep their ph up.

Thanks Droy!

I actually reduced my 2 part from 10 to try to get alk down as I have really low nutrients right now so I dont want to lose any pieces. Once I notice it to start to drop below 7.5 I will probably increase. Hopefully calcium starts being used up once it and magnesium drop to acceptable ranges. From what Ive read uptake can decrease if it is too high.

Some new photos coming in a bit!

• 2 weeks later...

Havent updated photos in a while been kind of busy. Here are a few, for some reason they are a little foggy. Im not completely happy with this tank at the moment and will possibly change directions with it but we will see.

IMG_3411_zpsecmgsent.jpg

Mille

IMG_3388_zpsvmnxdf85.jpg

(Not so) Tri color Acro

IMG_3391_zpsahhdg4eo.jpg

Dont know what this is but like the new green ring around the base and throughout the coral

IMG_3392_zps2odt6jre.jpg

Unknown featuring PC Rainbow base

IMG_3389_zps764llrc4.jpg

Duncan

IMG_3390_zpsh7iko6dx.jpg

Someday Ill get a real camera

Update

Alk: 8.3dKH

NO3: 1.5ppm

PO4: <0.03

Corals are, well, still alive. I dont get growth but color is pretty present. Oh well I guess Ill just look at these guys and imagine them growing. Here are a few photos under the AI Prime night time blues. Hope you like iPhone photos lol.

FTS

IMG_3480_zpshofeb97s.jpg

Out of focus Mille

IMG_3479_zps2ymdxnji.jpg

GB Juggernaut

IMG_3478_zpsxtkbuy3m.jpg

The only photo of my clown. Decided to name her Lulu (No she doesn't have ich Im just too lazy to clean the glass)

IMG_3482_zpseiz9mb4e.jpg

A cool semi photoshopped pic of Mind Blowing Paly

IMG_3486_zpshgzhfzci.jpg

Duncan feat. Hammer

IMG_3485_zps10gm5nyv.jpg

My wanna be Zoa garden

IMG_3484_zps31afbxa3.jpg

Looks sick man love it. Absolutely love the zoa and ricordea garden.

Thanks man! I need more zoas lol

Hey question when you were dosing np pro where were you seeing the orange slime?

It has recently showed up on my rocks all over not thick just a light covering but noticeable.

It may just be my ugly phase, I have nothing on the sand. I have no coralline algae growth at all

and it has been seeded. I stopped dosing np pro and am currently running chemipure blue in the

sump to get my phosphates down. Let me know your thoughts brother,

Hey question when you were dosing np pro where were you seeing the orange slime?

It has recently showed up on my rocks all over not thick just a light covering but noticeable.

It may just be my ugly phase, I have nothing on the sand. I have no coralline algae growth at all

and it has been seeded. I stopped dosing np pro and am currently running chemipure blue in the

sump to get my phosphates down. Let me know your thoughts brother,

It never happened to my rocks only my sandbed. It started all over but now it is only happening behind some rocks. I just stir it up every day. Yours is probably ugly stage cyano at least that would be my guess. I would just keep doing what you are doing and also test for NO3 and PO4 just to make sure they arent sky high. But ugly stage is what I would suspect first.

• 3 weeks later...

How many watts is your Jager? I bought a 100w thinking I could get it to work sadly way too big.

Hi! It is only 50w though I keep my apartment fairly warm so it doesnt have to work too hard. So far after 5 months it has been just fine

Archived