Pod Your Reef

Bowen's IM Lagoon 25 - Update 01/05

Bowen1022

Just placed an order with Dr. Foster and Smith for Aquaforest products. All for 20% off.

-Probiotic Salt 22kg

-Bio S

-Zeoblend 1L

- -NP Pro

-Pro Bio S

-Component 1+ 2+ 3+

-Carbon

-Phosphate Minus

-Fish V

-Garlic Oil

I will be ordering AF Amino, AF Build, AF Energy, AF Vitality, Bio F, and AF Power Food tomorrow.

I am about to do the same. Just visited a guy that has an amazing tank and he recommends AF products.

Where are you getting AF Amino and AF Vitality from?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The promo for Dr Foster and Smith is GOTFISH 20% off today only in case you didn't know! Im excited to see how it goes!

The promo for Dr Foster and Smith is GOTFISH 20% off today only in case you didn't know! Im excited to see how it goes!

yea, i had stuff in my cart all weekend...debating whether to pull trigger or not.

yea, i had stuff in my cart all weekend...debating whether to pull trigger or not.

Salty Supply has the amino, energy, vitality, and build. Amazon has Coral A, B, E, and V which are the older versions. Im not sure which I will order from, probably whatever is cheaper

NewbReefer316

I got the stuff to go full zeo but the more I research I think I should have went AF route instead since I really enjoy softies and lps.

I got the stuff to go full zeo but the more I research I think I should have went AF route instead since I really enjoy softies and lps.

AF Just seemed easier on the AIO tank

Cencalfishguy56

AF Just seemed easier on the AIO tank

recently switched to AF from Red Sea and my tank seems much happier, I think the aminos in the probiotic salt really do benefit

I thought about just getting the Reef Salt but with the 20% off, the probiotic salt was the same price as the reef salt at normal price.

Also unfortunately the set up of this tank might be pushed back a week or two. I originally had set up planned on the 20th of August but I really want to get everything I need before I get it wet.

• 2 weeks later...

My ATI is in 4x24w. Going with a bulb combo of 2x KZ Super Blue, 1x ATI Actinic, 1x KZ New Gen. These were suggested by Urbanek might change them up if it is too blue (probably will be). Maybe go with 2 New Gen instead of?

I want to have the majority of the stuff I need before I start. I need to order live rock and some odds and ends before it goes up. Got my stand built yesterday and now Im just waiting for funds to cooperate before I move forward!

Well Ill just leave these here for now... Some crummy photos :lol:

IMG_2768_zpscrxvmyig.jpg

IMG_2772_zpstj0hxbch.jpg

IMG_2771_zpse0acezpd.jpg

Still need to get rocks and some other odds and ends but I didnt want to set up my fusion 10 and then try to do this later.

After moving my fusion 10 down to school I was going to set it back up but figured everything was already out so I might as well just do a transfer. I ended up loosing my fish last night, I believe it was due to elevated ammonia from the tank transfer. I am also going through a crazy bacteria bloom. Im kinda upset but there wasnt much I could do. Hopefully I wont loose a lot of corals but I am already prepared to loose a few.

Do you have any Seachem Prime on hand? It doesn't hurt anything to put it in and it will take out any Ammonia immediately.

Yeah Ive been dosing Prime in the AM and PM about half a cap of the small bottle each time. Unfortunately I think I have lost my acans too and maybe some zoas. I wouldnt be too upset with the losses but I dont have the extra cash to replace as school just started so I cant spend too much on corals. I guess I will play the waiting game.

Also did all testing today

Temp: 79.4 pretty steady the whole time.

Ammonia: 0ppm (API)

Nitrite: 0ppm (API)

Calcium: 420ppm (Salifert)

Alkalinity: 7.7dKH (Salifert)

Magnesium: 1275ppm (Salifert)

Nitrate: .5ppm (Salifert)

Phosphate: 0.07 (Salifert)

Nitrates were really low but the lighting where I was doing the test was kind of weird so it might be slightly different. Anyway I fed the tank some frozen and reef roids anyways just to see if I was too low on nutrients. I dont understand what is causing such a bacteria bloom if the Ammonia and Nitrites are at 0.

Here is a quick FTS I took. This is not the final scape. I was going to go with dry rock but plans have changed to just buy the nano package from KPA. Once those get here and I get them in the tank I will post a new photo

IMG_2783_zpscmp203sc.jpg

Just a few extra photos

Semi Organized Stand

IMG_2802_zps4iist9oa.jpg

Awkward Tank Shot (Is that a thing?)

IMG_2815_zpscddwah4o.jpg

YUM

IMG_2793_zpspzbth4c3.jpg

Thanks Teeny! New task for the day is mounting the vortech above the doser and then some water testing

Got my box-o-rocks today. Messed around with the scape and found one I think I like... Hopefully Ill feel the same about it tomorrow. Ill either stick with this or take out most of the left side and move the right side parallel or close to the back. Anyways here are some quick pics. I need to flatten out the sand bed tomorrow I replaced some of it with finer grain stuff as the crushed coral was too coarse for my liking.

FTS:

IMG_2847_zpsscoaonz7.jpg

Left:

IMG_2848_zpsd3n4a2nl.jpg

Right:

IMG_2849_zpshj6wwufv.jpg

Also got the rest of my Aquaforest products in yesterday

IMG_2830_zpsdyha0tqj.jpg

Archived