Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Teenyreef's IM40 Not-So-Teeny Tank - August FTS

teenyreef

That is the most beautiful coral beauty- it looks regal.

Thanks, Annette, I agree, I'm so pleased that he turned out just like the picture.

I love the fish!!!! And the sponge too :).

Thanks! I'll move the sponge to the permanent location later and get more pics then :)

puffer?

He's in the 10g tank, pics in that thread :)
  • Like 1

Nice choices!!!! Hey did you get a coupon by chance in your live aquaria box?

Oops, I threw it away with the box. But I can go get it :)

• Like 1

Oops, I threw it away with the box. But I can go get it :)

Just checked, no discount coupon. Grrr :(

THAT CORAL BEAUTY!!! :o

Your fish look even better than the pictures on their website!

Thanks! :blush:

• Like 1

probably better for Stella's pocket =P

Yeah, although now I'm kicking myself for not asking around to see if anyone else had a coupon before placing MY order. Oh well...

• Like 3

Just checked, no discount coupon. Grrr :(

Thanks! :blush:

Oh man and I made you go look in the trash and everything!!! Thanks for checking Teeny!!

probably better for Stella's pocket =P

:lol: well I am going to order a wrasse for the dang flatworms.

The new fish arrived today omgomgomg

I had them shipped to the local UPS shipping center, and I was able to pick them up before noon. I could have picked them up as early as 9:30, but I had to work :(

They are all in great shape!

I haven't been able to get a good picture of him yet, but here's the Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse, hanging out in the acclimation box:

28372211602_32e7fb3875_b.jpgTanaka's Pygmy Wrasse by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And here's the coral beauty angel :wub:

27860736184_163175cce1_b.jpgCoral Beauty Angelfish by TeenyReef, on Flickr

And the red plating sponge. It's in a somewhat shadowed iocation and I couldn't get a good picture under tank lights. Here's one with the flash, though:

28372212642_a810b22e6a_b.jpgRed Plating Sponge by TeenyReef, on Flickr

I also spotted a cool looking baby feather duster:

28398763791_208e1f3789_b.jpg20160722-untitled-026-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Finally, one more of the coral beauty because it's so beautiful :D

27860734754_1624d2c42b_b.jpgCoral Beauty Angelfish by TeenyReef, on Flickr

These photos need to go to the next page :)

• Like 2

Oh man and I made you go look in the trash and everything!!! Thanks for checking Teeny!!

:lol: well I am going to order a wrasse for the dang flatworms.

These photos need to go to the next page :)

Thanks for the bump :)

• Like 1

Wow that angel fish is awesome. Defiantly want one of those if I ever upgrade to a large tank

Thanks! When I was trying to decide between the 25g lagoon and this 40g tank, being able to keep fish like this guy was really the deciding factor for me.

• Like 2

Thanks! When I was trying to decide between the 25g lagoon and this 40g tank, being able to keep fish like this guy was really the deciding factor for me.

once you get that deep blue 80g, you can have a bunch of dwarf angels! I saw a juvi Gold Flake angel today at the LFS. It's amazing. $350. On sale. lol.

• Like 2

:bling: How'd you like to buy one of those and have it die for no reason two weeks later? Not for me, but man, it's really pretty :)

• Like 3

Ohh good luck with the coral beauty!! they are awesome looking fish.

Ive had a coral beauty and a flame angel both at separate times, but ended up selling the coral beauty before it made it out of QT and sold the Flame angel as it stopped all my SPS from extending their polyps. I think in a slightly larger tank it would have been ok.

that wrasse is very cool! i want!

• Like 1

Ohh good luck with the coral beauty!! they are awesome looking fish.

Ive had a coral beauty and a flame angel both at separate times, but ended up selling the coral beauty before it made it out of QT and sold the Flame angel as it stopped all my SPS from extending their polyps. I think in a slightly larger tank it would have been ok.

that wrasse is very cool! i want!

So far the coral beauty is doing great. He does laps around the tank, and I fed him tonight. He pretty much ignored the pellets, although he got excited about smelling food, but he wouldn't eat them. I tried some flakes, and he tasted a few and spit about half of those out. Then I tried some freeze dried spirulina brine shrimp and it was like steak for dinner! He gobbled it all up. So I'm happy to know at least one food he likes and will eat :)

The Tanaka's came out very briefly for a minute on Friday afternoon, but I haven't seen him since. I know they are cryptic and he may not come out much, if at all, the first few days. Still, I'll feel better when I see him again.

• Like 4

Love the new fish! And that sponge is very cool I love my purple plating sponge that I got from Zia and that red one reminds me of it!

• Like 2

So far the coral beauty is doing great. He does laps around the tank, and I fed him tonight. He pretty much ignored the pellets, although he got excited about smelling food, but he wouldn't eat them. I tried some flakes, and he tasted a few and spit about half of those out. Then I tried some freeze dried spirulina brine shrimp and it was like steak for dinner! He gobbled it all up. So I'm happy to know at least one food he likes and will eat :)

The Tanaka's came out very briefly for a minute on Friday afternoon, but I haven't seen him since. I know they are cryptic and he may not come out much, if at all, the first few days. Still, I'll feel better when I see him again.

where'd you get the freeze dried spirulina brine? My new crouchers don't seem to like anything I put in there. Bob eats everything, new crouchers seem to be super picky.

• Like 1

Love the new fish! And that sponge is very cool I love my purple plating sponge that I got from Zia and that red one reminds me of it!

The blue plating sponge is from the one I got from Zia too! For me, it's purple under lower lighting, and it turns bright blue under higher lighting.

where'd you get the freeze dried spirulina brine? My new crouchers don't seem to like anything I put in there. Bob eats everything, new crouchers seem to be super picky.

It's made by Hikari - I can get small quantities at the LFS, but since I feed a cube a day in my 90g FW tank, I get bigger quantities on Amazon. This is the big can I get, but they have smaller ones for cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TZ59YS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The blue plating sponge is from the one I got from Zia too! For me, it's purple under lower lighting, and it turns bright blue under higher lighting.

It's made by Hikari - I can get small quantities at the LFS, but since I feed a cube a day in my 90g FW tank, I get bigger quantities on Amazon. This is the big can I get, but they have smaller ones for cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TZ59YS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah mine is kind of an in between blue and purple. I need to find a place to move it up higher.

• Like 1

Yeah mine is kind of an in between blue and purple. I need to find a place to move it up higher.

I have two frags of it in this tank, that I put into the tank at different times and from tanks with different lighting. One frag is very little but has been in this tank longer, and it's more of a bright blue. The other frag is much bigger, but is a very dark blue right now.

And the red one that I just got turned very dark red/purple while it was in the shade getting used to the tank. I expect it will brighten up under the lights.

Here's a picture of all of them. You can see the brighter blue one on the far left.

27939912423_56518d55a9_b.jpg20160725-untitled-066.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

In other news, I spotted the Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse, aka "Sheldon"! He came out from the rocks a couple times, for less than a second each time. By holding the camera at an angle to the glass, I was able to get a blurry picture using the flash. So now I have proof that he's alive :D

27939594343_697f6a4fd3_b.jpg20160725-untitled-059.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Also, I added a few more zoas to the zoa rock, and started a second one. The idea is to have a little chain of zoa islands eventually. You can see them in the picture above, but here's a closer shot.

28477483161_344f79a1ed_b.jpg20160725-untitled-063-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

• Like 12

Nice! I guess looking at mine too down its more blue with slightly purple edges. I need to move it to where I can get good pics of it

• Like 1

Nice! I guess looking at mine too down its more blue with slightly purple edges. I need to move it to where I can get good pics of it

Please do :D

I have two frags of it in this tank, that I put into the tank at different times and from tanks with different lighting. One frag is very little but has been in this tank longer, and it's more of a bright blue. The other frag is much bigger, but is a very dark blue right now. And the red one that I just got turned very dark red/purple while it was in the shade getting used to the tank. I expect it will brighten up under the lights. Here's a picture of all of them. You can see the brighter blue one on the far left. 27939912423_56518d55a9_b.jpg20160725-untitled-066.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr In other news, I spotted the Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse, aka "Sheldon"! He came out from the rocks a couple times, for less than a second each time. By holding the camera at an angle to the glass, I was able to get a blurry picture using the flash. So now I have proof that he's alive :D27939594343_697f6a4fd3_b.jpg20160725-untitled-059.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr Also, I added a few more zoas to the zoa rock, and started a second one. The idea is to have a little chain of zoa islands eventually. You can see them in the picture above, but here's a closer shot. 20160725-untitled-063-Edit.jpg20160725-untitled-063-Edit.jpg by TeenyReef, on Flickr

Zoa archipelagos! Should look super nice. Man, i wish I had better luck with zoas. I always wanted some of the Tubbs Blues.

• Like 1